Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th October 2011, 15:03   #171
Grumpy1
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 2.5 2001 Royal Blue Connoissuer Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martynp View Post
The petitioner infers that Exxon is somehow associated with BP-----incorrect!
Recommends amongst others that Shell fuel should be purchased ----Why, if the thrust is against profits alledgedly made by multinationals.

So how much do you pay for a gallon of Beer?
Why no complaints?
That product does not have to be transported halfway around the world, refined in expensive to build & maintain Refineries----

All Goverments have to balance the books, somehow---income should never be below expenditure or we are in trouble, as we well know to our common cost.

Our Government start collecting the minute they let blocks of the seas around our coasts
for exploration and all that that may cost the winning bidder

Agree with the motion if intention is to reduce tax on fuels at the pumps,
So where should that loss of income be levied instead? Thats the $64 question!

Thought----do you really need a car in London, unless its a car supplied to Ministers in order for them to swan about at our expense?
Do you really expect Ministers, with their backgrounds, to understand the needs of ordinary folk----
We don't HAVE to buy beer! If we want to drive a car, we have no choice but to buy fuel.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 19:32   #172
princethorpe

rover 75 1.8 club se

Talking thats me signed

how's about a club protest?
princethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 10:57   #173
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

signed and linked to my facebook, if anything can spread it FB can :P
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 13:57   #174
ChineseRover
Banned

Rover 75 2.5 Conn automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
We don't HAVE to buy beer! If we want to drive a car, we have no choice but to buy fuel.
Er, you don't HAVE to drive a car. Most of the world's population manages without a car.
ChineseRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 08:12   #175
pshuttle
Avid contributor

BMW G20 320d. Previously, Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club SE and CDT Classic

I would love to try and find a job in my neck of the woods without a car....
Old 1st November 2011, 17:22   #176
dollywobbler

None

It can be done, if you actually want to. I know some people who live outside London who manage pretty darned well. We've all got too reliant on a finite resource, so don't be surprised if fuel gets more expensive!
dollywobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 20:56   #177
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Dear FairFuelUK Supporter,

We need to get 100,000 signatures on the Govt ePetition site to force MPs and Ministers to face up to the on going crisis of petrol and diesel prices. Getting the 100,000 really matters. Under new Government rules, getting this number of signatures means that the issue will be have to be debated in Parliament.

We currently have just over 67,000 signatures. If you have already signed this vital Government ePetition, please accept our thanks. If you haven’t signed, please do so now. To have the most impact, we need to have the 100,000 before the politicians go the various Party conferences at the end of September.

Please note, this ePetition is on the Government’s official site. It is different from the FairFuelUK.com ePetition that you may have signed some time ago. The easiest way to sign is to follow this link http://www.bit.ly/FFUK-Gov

Whether you have signed in the past, or are just about to sign now, please forward this email to at least a handful of your family, friends or contacts. By that means, our message will reach more people.

FairFuelUK is backed by the RAC, and the two bodies that represent Britain’s hard pressed road freight companies, the Freight Transport Association and the Road Haulage Association. Most importantly, it is backed by over 180,000 members of the public.

We have been working hard over the summer. We will have much to tell you about in the coming weeks. However, for now, the priority is to reach the 100,000 on http://www.bit.ly/FFUK-Gov

Together, we can do this….

Kind regards,

The FairFuelUK Team

Well this didn't do a lot of good even though the figures were reached..
The government has just sidestepped it !!!!

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:01   #178
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie View Post
Seriously folks, I read the first few replies to the OP, and then I read what the link had to say and frankly I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks 1,000 000 + signatures will "stop this fuel price madness."

The government ministers are setting themselves up for life with back handers (later declared as for professional advice after their tenure comes to an end) whilst spending £Billions on wars that are really nothing to do with us, securing oil rights in those countries to UK based firms, who I would guess pay handsomely in some way or another for this. The analysts report that these wars hike up the cost of oil. It's a sham, a disgrace and a big fat scandal.

So then, now tell me that anything will change with 1,000 000 + signatures?

The hauliers called on the motorist to support them on their previous 'go slow' protests up and down the country, and they get concessions. Did they continue shouting that the motorists should get concessions? Nah, did they heck!!

It's like that cretinous auld bar steward Thatcher playing off the miners and the steel workers, but shafting them both really. Wakey wakey.

Yes. Let's write a letter of complaint and stick a million people's names on it. Let's cough and raise our voices and say timidly, "we don't like this, please make it stop." I mean how terribly British of us. It would be as well as a million cartoon characters sketched onto a petition for all the worth a million names are to these charlatans, for all the pages that are going to be mulled over.

Civil disobedience works in civilised countries. We stopped murdering innocent protesters after Derry so it's safe to protest now. If you really want lower fuel duty then take to the streets continually, support the pension strikers, get our troops, planes and 2000lb bombs out of other countries, insist on a defence strategy, not an offensive one, bring the troops back home and we will save billions every year, insist that the banks we all own see no huge bonuses going to the staff. So they banking big wigs threaten the government that they will pull out if the bonuses are cut, would they heck ffs.

But you all won't. You will all moan, like me, and retire to our wee personal worlds and just try and protect what we have, whilst these parasites bleed the country dry whilst setting themselves up for lives.

The problem is you all don't actually care enough about the state of the country, but you will when it's too late, when it gets worse, much worse.

They all tell you the last government left a crock of shibbidy and it's their mismanagement which has led to the current predicament and that there is no other solution other than raising taxes and cutting back on spending, meanwhile they carry on spending billions in those other countries, killing folks, not for freedom, or national security, or to defend our shores from attack, but like I said, to fleece us all.

If the expenses scandal wasn't enough for all you stiff upper lipped Brits to get off your back sides and force change then nothing will ever be enough.

This petition is another great big waste of time and temporarily gives you all a glimmer of solidarity and hope, something to cling onto.

Wishful thinking folks. Time to get real.
If you follow the latest news broadcasts this post is all coming true !!!!!!
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:05   #179
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Well this didn't do a lot of good even though the figures were reached..
The government has just sidestepped it !!!!

Colvert.
read on aol tonight that the gov is going to discuss the fuel position after 105000 people signed it . About time . Anyone going to have a bet on the outcome????
Old 2nd November 2011, 05:44   #180
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Anyone going to have a bet on the outcome????
I would but I can't afford it. All my money goes on petrol
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote