Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2018, 14:48   #11
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Rover 2003 buy it and have some fun. A good basic car to get your teeth into but try to do one project at a time as you will end up like your dad and have a yard full!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 17:46   #12
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
How long before your Mini is finished and ready for sale?
maybe this year it will be mk 1 but mk 3 shell with all the mk 1 parts it will be about 5000 as i have done everything
Old 22nd February 2018, 19:46   #13
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Rover 2003 buy it and have some fun. A good basic car to get your teeth into but try to do one project at a time as you will end up like your dad and have a yard full!
selling my mini when project is done then getting a land rover series 2
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:17   #14
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
okay lately if you have been reading my posts you will know i want a Land Rover Series 2 so i kept looking did not find a thing but then remember my dad using a Land Rover Series 2 1963 from one of his mates and he was asking £2000 for it. it was missing some stuff so i will buy it and it will be used all the time but slowly will be back to how it was 55 years ago
Once you've finished your other projects - go for it. They're great fun and like big meccano kits - easy to work on, even for a beginner and every nut, bolt and panel is readily available at reasonable cost. Plus if you want to go mad there are masses of custom options you could consider if you didn't want a totally original restoration. Finding a reasonable low cost series 2 or 3 or even an early Defender that hasn't been trashed and doesn't require huge sums to rebuild will be a challenge tho'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
If you can find a reasonably decent 2a for £2000 then buy it!
its a nice dream - like winning the lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Collectable now, and will go up in value like the Mk1 has
That's for sure. Landys are a good little investment as demand is high and values are rising. Unless your unlucky you will always sell for the original purchase price but more often than not for more.

I rebuild a 1963 series 2 from the chassis up using some parts from a donor lightweight and then fitted a Range Rover 3.5 V8 under the bonnet. Fabulous fun when finished and 15 mpg wasn't too bad to be fair. When I sold it on in 2014, I was inundated by prospective buyers and it went within 3 days of posting an advert at £7250.

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:22   #15
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Once you've finished your other projects - go for it. They're great fun and like big meccano kits - easy to work on, even for a beginner and every nut, bolt and panel is readily available at reasonable cost. Plus if you want to go mad there are masses of custom options you could consider if you didn't want a totally original restoration. Finding a reasonable low cost series 2 or 3 or even an early Defender that hasn't been trashed and doesn't require huge sums to rebuild will be a challenge tho'.

its a nice dream - like winning the lottery

That's for sure. Landys are a good little investment as demand is high and values are rising. Unless your unlucky you will always sell for the original purchase price but more often than not for more.

I rebuild a 1963 series 2 from the chassis up using some parts from a donor lightweight and then fitted a Range Rover 3.5 V8 under the bonnet. Fabulous fun when finished and 15 mpg wasn't too bad to be fair. When I sold it on in 2014, I was inundated by prospective buyers and it went within 3 days of posting an advert at £7250.

My dad had a series 2a got rid of 10 years ago or a caravan that worth £100 and he missed it so much as he could ave got about £5000 for it so i want a series 2 to fill in the land rover
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:26   #16
ROVER2003

Quote:
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C961187

Or let me buy it!!!!!!

Jeez I have just looked at the prices
you can have it. it dosen't worth that
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:05   #17
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
you can have it. it dosen't worth that
4 grand will usually get you a dog that needs work and money to get to a good standard or will be ok for trashing off road if that's what you want but will still cost to maintain as is. Always budget for 1500 quid on top of purchase price to cover unexpected costs for engine and transmission probs cos these motors usually have had a hard life. Professional fully restored vehicles command v high prices and they sell!

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:41   #18
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
4 grand will usually get you a dog that needs work and money to get to a good standard or will be ok for trashing off road if that's what you want but will still cost to maintain as is. Always budget for 1500 quid on top of purchase price to cover unexpected costs for engine and transmission probs cos these motors usually have had a hard life. Professional fully restored vehicles command v high prices and they sell!
it says 44 grand
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:37   #19
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Yes 44K plus VAT

But it's totally rebuilt on a new galvanized chassis and a V8 engine

4k buys a dog that needs a lot of work

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:16   #20
ROVER2003

Quote:
Yes 44K plus VAT

But it's totally rebuilt on a new galvanized chassis and a V8 engine

4k buys a dog that needs a lot of work
still not worth that at 44k grand