Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th March 2021, 16:22   #10
biggles-1

MG Saloon + MG Tourer

Evening folks,

I have now removed the flange and the bearing from the shaft, without knowing how it actually would look like. However I now know that installing with presicion will be the tricky part to come.

Started by taking all the measurements, if no edge to press against. Then crushed the bearing, to give me a little more space to use in the press.

I pulled the flange of the shaft quite easily and then pulled the rest of the bearing.

Hm ... NO edge!

The construction is that the shaft is a little thicker where the bearing was installed. I had no problem to move the new bearing along the rest of the shaft on both sides, by hand.

Will assemble the pump after some cleaning, with new parts, gasket, oil seal, O-rings and a the bearing.

The oil seal comes first since it is on the inside of the bearing. Then I proably install the bearing onto the shaft, since I will have to measure the exact position. To install the bearing first into the pump (the normal way) will be tricky since I will not be able to measure properly (no access). The oil seal will not give any resistance but can be fragile during installation.

That´s it, have a nice evening.

Regards Nils