Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2009, 18:05   #91
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
I was waiting for nearly three weeks while they changed the logo so in the end I said just send it unchanged so I could at least get one to try out.Since then I have sussed out how to do it myself and let Cathy know.A bit later Cathy emailed back and said "could you teach me how to do it?" So I believe I am now on the staff as an unpaid technical advisor.

Not only technical advisor but also photographer & marketing advisor, because unless I'm very much mistaken, Hualigan website now sports a photo of your install.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:13   #92
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

You're right,I sent that pic to Cathy last week.I'll have to get the copyright police onto them.LOL.
Old 24th November 2009, 22:58   #93
ml.williams
Avid contributor

ZT_T 190

will the dec updated vertion have DAB or is it just digital telly?
Old 25th November 2009, 02:43   #94
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ConSE View Post
Right! Having said earlier that I have been looking for one of these Chinese units with TMC, I have been in touch with Cathy at Hualingan. She has discussed it with the engineers and they say THEY CAN ALSO FIT THIS WITH TMC !!!

As Picky said in his updated post, the updated version with DVB-T will be ready by 10th December. I have now asked if it is possible to add a TMC internal module for this date and they said they can do it by then, if not before !

The new price, which includes the original unit ($345) upgraded to DVB-T ($45), TMC ($40) and p+p (DHL $86) is US$516. Then, you have to add the £25 money transfer fee and of course, there is also the risk of customs adding their cut!!

I have been promised an email as soon as it is ready. Can't wait!

Dear Santa........! (Cc Mr. Visa!!)
All in all, a 100% unit for 320 British Pounds (minus customs lol). Thats flipping good value for money.
Old 25th November 2009, 06:44   #95
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
All in all, a 100% unit for 320 British Pounds (minus customs lol). Thats flipping good value for money.
That's some exchange rate you are getting - in reality think it will be just under £350

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
Old 25th November 2009, 07:17   #96
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Graham

You should be ashamed of yourself - what have you done to the price obtainable for the original fit highline set up where you have 6 boxes in the back and a mile of wiring to run to the front

I suppose the answer to 'what is the best thing to come out of MG Rovers collapse' is this - I doubt if these would have been produced if the 75/ZT was not being made in China

Paul

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
Old 25th November 2009, 07:27   #97
solaise

Rover 75 2.5V6 Saloon

Its £340.12 inc transfer fee - priced up from the Western Union website
Old 25th November 2009, 07:55   #98
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE '02 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerhunter39 View Post
As I see it, the problem now is that unless the manufacturers are prepared to make a unit especially to order to satisfy a customers specific requirements then the unit price which includes everything that anyone could want will rise to a point where I for one would be priced out of the market.
I don't want to pay for things I would not want nor use.
Picky's original unit with RDS which is how it was advertised even if it didn't work would have done for me and I may have bought one at that price.
I have put the question to Cathy (via Windows Messenger) at Hualingan about making the unit to the customers spec. This is exactly what was said:
Paul says:
Hi Cathy. A question about the 8733 (from the Rover 75/MG ZT members forum). The new model will be available with DVB-T and TMC at extra cost. Will these be OPTIONAL extras or will people be able to buy just the basic unit at $345 and TMC if they wish, or the basic unit and DVB-T with no TMC, or will they be able to buy the basic unit only still (after 10th December)?
Paul says:
What I am trying to say is, can the customer order it to their own specification, with or without the options? I hope I have explained myself OK.
cathy--6.2inch7.0inch car dvd -V-6 disc changer memory,PICTURE IN PICTURE FUNCTION says:
yes, well noted, yes, the member can only have this model as $345 , dont choose any other functions, and also can choose the TMC, DVB-T by themselves, if choose , add money, if dont, so don't need pay the extra money.

So, this is another result. However, I have been asked by Cathy to find out approximate numbers of people that would be interested in this, with or without the options. I will start another thread.

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE
'02 Auto Saloon.
Bright and Shiny Zircon Silver. Chrome is where the heart is!
Old 25th November 2009, 08:00   #99
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Hi Paul im up for one with the when you start your thread best wishes woolleysox

Last edited by woolleysox; 25th November 2009 at 08:02..
Old 25th November 2009, 12:10   #100
billcoleman
Gets stuck in

MGZT-T

A question about the bluetooth - is it possible to dial out with voice commands or some other handsfree?

The square shaped version that I had previously purchased (not yet fitted to car) will only allow you to dial a number by pressing the correct numbers on the touchscreen keypad.

Bill C
Closed Thread