Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2017, 16:15   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Somewhat angry

yesterday my daughter was speaking to a registry office wanting to book a date and time for a wedding. The woman would not hold 2 times on one date for a few minutes while my daughter spoke to her fiancé. Daughter rings back say 10 minutes later only to get an answer phone, leaves a message asking or one of the times and says she will ring back today.

Heard from daughter, both times have now gone!
woman was very unhelpful on the phone yesterday and I'm somewhat angry that despite my daughter ringing back yesterday they have still allowed both dates to be booked..... unless they have reserved them for my daughter and not realised it.

you could say what happens if my daughter had not rung back... then after today they become available again. It is not always easy for people to line up all events etc just like that and they need time to confirm dates with all parties and so I don't think it an unreasonable request.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 17:14   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

Heard from daughter, both times have now gone!
woman was very unhelpful on the phone yesterday and I'm somewhat angry that despite my daughter ringing back yesterday they have still allowed both dates to be booked..... unless they have reserved them for my daughter and not realised it.

you could say what happens if my daughter had not rung back... then after today they become available again. It is not always easy for people to line up all events etc just like that and they need time to confirm dates with all parties and so I don't think it an unreasonable request.

macafee2
Maybe they have an online appointment system, could you maybe use that?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 17:39   #3
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Speaking to a chap today who's planning to marry next August, fee for registrar's service and office for a Friday was quoted at £580. After hearing his sharp intake of breath, the clerk said they could do a Tuesday morning for £40.....
Old 28th June 2017, 17:52   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Maybe they have an online appointment system, could you maybe use that?

no apparently not. They don't even have a calendar to show what dates and times are free.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 19:00   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
Speaking to a chap today who's planning to marry next August, fee for registrar's service and office for a Friday was quoted at £580. After hearing his sharp intake of breath, the clerk said they could do a Tuesday morning for £40.....
Do they give Nector points

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote