Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th September 2009, 22:11   #11
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

Ive got a 1999 CDT that i purchased 3 days ago with 218000 on clock, I drove it home no problem but the next day it refused to start when warm.Eventually it did go when i jump stated it, and i suspected the fuel pumps although I could hear them running.I found the tank pump was bodged into the tank and fuel was leaking everywhere.Today I sorted that but after taking the car for a run it wouldn't start again when warm and i flattened the battery again,after reading on here i removed the cam sensor and put it in the freezer for a short while.After refitting it the car started first go, im going to get it warm again tomorrow and repeat the exercise if it doesn't start and if it works again im going to buy a new cam sensor, im also going to get another battery as mine seems suspect.
Paul
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 13:40   #12
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

I got a new cam sensor and fitted it and now working fine with no further problems starting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
Ive got a 1999 CDT that i purchased 3 days ago with 218000 on clock, I drove it home no problem but the next day it refused to start when warm.Eventually it did go when i jump stated it, and i suspected the fuel pumps although I could hear them running.I found the tank pump was bodged into the tank and fuel was leaking everywhere.Today I sorted that but after taking the car for a run it wouldn't start again when warm and i flattened the battery again,after reading on here i removed the cam sensor and put it in the freezer for a short while.After refitting it the car started first go, im going to get it warm again tomorrow and repeat the exercise if it doesn't start and if it works again im going to buy a new cam sensor, im also going to get another battery as mine seems suspect.
Paul
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote