Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2007, 10:57   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Thanks Pete I will copy this thread to the Howto section shortly very useful
Just a real pity it does not work with the BM24 type Radio.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 11:06   #12
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Howto now posted

Pete one interesting thing
In your first post you still have a WS menu!

Mine without the 16:9 tuner fitted would some times start up like that but would nearly always switch to 4:3 once the tuner had probably booted up and taken over
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 17:58   #13
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

Good spot there Keith! I've actually never had a 16:9 tuner but it did go through a period of always starting up in WS format, only reverting to 4:3 if you selected the TV. Sadly it's stopped doing that now so I'm probably going to have to invest in a new tuner!

It is a shame it doesn't work with the BM24 - especially if you've already upgraded to one like I had done... Still, you get other benefits with the BM54 like the availability of an Aux input etc.

One other thing I noticed with the BM54 is that you don't need the smaller aerial connector (is this the diversity thing?) I was never quite sure what diversity was but I'd say my radio reception is actually better now than before!

Pete
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:08   #14
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

Hi Pete,
Would you check your PM please?

Regards
Old 13th July 2007, 11:22   #15
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Pedro, great reading...
I fitted a MK4 Drive yesterday, which gives me the flat screen option etc, but the TMC only works on the CLASSIC FM channel. Am I right in thinking that both the BM24 & BM54 will allow TMC to work on all FM channels?
Hope you don't mind, I have a few questions, regarding the 16:9 Monitor:
1. Is that from a BBW E46 (series 3 BMW)
2. Does it fit correctly, without any modifications
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy
edzios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 15:16   #16
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

Hi Eddy,
Both the BM 24/54 are dual tuners and give TMC all the time. The monitor is from a series 3 E46 but does require some slight mod's, nothing too difficult. They do have motorised screen with either CD/Tape/Mini Disc behind. I think I'm correct in saying that the one with Tape will operate your CD changer with existing equipment, but the CD/Mini Disc require either BM24/54 Module to operate the changer. As for mp3 I think several members have replaced the changer with an Ipod using Ice Link but I'm not sure if they get ID3 tag readout. (maybe with the BM54) I know Dee Cee did but I think he had a Dice unit and unfortunately he hasn't posted for some time.
HTH.

Regards
John
Old 13th July 2007, 18:19   #17
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Jontie
Thanks for that, the next task is to track down a E46 Sat Nav Radio Tuner, either the BM24 or BM54
Do you or any other member know the best place to get one, other than ebay
Regards
Eddy
Old 13th July 2007, 19:52   #18
stewron

MG ZT

Hi Eddy, As you know I have the 16:9 tape monitor and BM24 radio. Like the BM54 (required for the 16:9 CD monitor), this has a twin tuner so one channel stays tuned to Classic FM for permenant TMC, while you can tune the other one to whatever you want to listen to. I have now replaced the hi-line CD changer with a JVC 1500 cd/mp3 autochanger and when connected to the radio via a c~quence adapter (http://www.acvgmbh.de/c-quence/), allows mp3 CD's to be played and displays their ID3 tag info (artist and track name) on the 16:9 monitor. I did have some original problems with this, but just turned out to be my (NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-) wiring. All now working fine. See here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=6023
stewron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 20:07   #19
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

To add to Jontie's reply..

I think all the E46 widescreens have the motorised screen, you can get them with tape, cd or minidisc behind the screen.

The one with the tape will work just as your 4:3 Roverised one did.

I think that the CD and MD ones require the BM54 to allow the CD/MD behind the screen to work but I'm not 100% sure. I think that they all work the normal Rover CD changer (it's the tuner that controls this really not the monitor I believe)

Mine has the tape behind (people find it really funny to see this fancy screen that reveals an 80's looking tape deck behind!) Apparently loads of manufacturers kept the tape as standard for years after people stopped using them as particularly the American market like books on tape - you lose your place on a CD if you take it out!

I got my monitor from eBay, part number shows as 65-52-6 923 871 - but I think there are various part numbers that will work. Only modification needed as Jontie says is cutting a few small brackets off with a junior hacksaw.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzios View Post
Hi Pedro, great reading...
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 20:40   #20
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Stew
Thanks for the reply
I get so confused, being a new member, with ALL the sites I have registered with, and it looks like they are joined together. Iforget which one I have been on to list a question or to replt to answer. I keep seeing the same headings on different sites. Is there a way to link into all of them in one go?
With regards "your" system, I have sent my PM to you and would like to meet up and see the system working
All the very best, Eddy