Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2010, 08:48   #1
matrixa

75 CDT CON

Question door mirror controls

Hi

I have a 02 conny 2.0 cdt and the door mirror controls dont work. Ive tried looking for a fuse but cant find one for it and the controls do light up at night but dont work . All other elecs work in the car. Any suggestions will be appreciated
matrixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 09:07   #2
Bartonrover
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT & V6 saloons in Wedgwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixa View Post
Hi

I have a 02 conny 2.0 cdt and the door mirror controls dont work. Ive tried looking for a fuse but cant find one for it and the controls do light up at night but dont work . All other elecs work in the car. Any suggestions will be appreciated
Have you done a search on this forum? If neither side are working then the fuse is possible culprit and I'll let others come along and point you in the right direction.

If one side switch is not working then it may just need a clean - see this thread - not difficult and did the trick for me:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...highlight=door

PS Where in Cambs are you? There is an unofficial meet at the Duxford Air Museum this Sunday - one or two places still available I think if you're quick. Bound to be folk who can help you there.
Bartonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 15:47   #3
matrixa

75 CDT CON

Hi Yes its both side, the manual shows that the fuse also used for the windows but they work fine. So im a bit con"fused". Id love to go to the meet but i have my kids this weekend and already promised them a day on a boat !
Old 28th April 2010, 16:47   #4
Bartonrover
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT & V6 saloons in Wedgwood

Quote:
Hi Yes its both side, the manual shows that the fuse also used for the windows but they work fine. So im a bit con"fused". Id love to go to the meet but i have my kids this weekend and already promised them a day on a boat !
Understood. Hopefully an electrics expert will comment soon. If you have a spare 30 mins it might be worth cleaning the driver's side switch as the How To shows you - just in case both sides have gone dirty - though I doubt that is the case. usually you lose some of the functions (eg up and down) when they need a good clean, rather than have them completely dead.
Bartonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 20:05   #5
SMB1610
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club Diesel

Default mirrors

Quote:
Hi

Hi my 75 done the same, sounds silly but mine was lack of use. Try pressing the mirror movement button about alot and see what happens, mine then sprung back to working.
SMB1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 01:06   #6
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Dismantle the drivers switch pack and clean the rubber membrane and and the contacts on the PCB with a rubber.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 16:09   #7
matrixa

75 CDT CON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartonrover View Post
Understood. Hopefully an electrics expert will comment soon. If you have a spare 30 mins it might be worth cleaning the driver's side switch as the How To shows you - just in case both sides have gone dirty - though I doubt that is the case. usually you lose some of the functions (eg up and down) when they need a good clean, rather than have them completely dead.
Right i will dismantle the switch this weekend and give it a good clean, thanks for the link to the tutorial on it makes it all really clear. Ill let you know how i get on. Thanks for your help guys, new to the forum and youve been most kind
Old 29th April 2010, 19:04   #8
bluecon75

Rover 75 Tourer

my mirrors wouldn't work either, so today i kept moving the mirror adjuster when sat in traffic and all is ok now!!!
bluecon75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:25   #9
matrixa

75 CDT CON

Quote:
Right i will dismantle the switch this weekend and give it a good clean, thanks for the link to the tutorial on it makes it all really clear. Ill let you know how i get on. Thanks for your help guys, new to the forum and youve been most kind
hey guys just to let you know i followed the instructions for the door mirrors, and hey presto all working fine, thanks a lot now have all elec parts in my car working ok