Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th September 2019, 19:03   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default I Think I've Wounded My Car......

So I had the thermostat mod fitted to Tarquin today at the NANO meet (Big thanks to whoever did it for me ) and for the first time since I had the car the temp gauge was reading 9 o'clock. It never got any hotter than that and everything looked good.

BUT THEN......

Halfway back home I got caught in a traffic jam. All was fine for a couple of minutes, when suddenly the temp gauge went mad and shot all the way up into the red zone. Car went into limp mode and temp went down again once we started moving, but it always hovered at the very top end of the gauge. After gingerly getting home and letting it cool down I check the coolant level and it was empty. It was only after I tried to refill the tank I realised why it was empty, as it was coming out just as fast as I was putting it in.

Immediate thought was that I'd ran over some debris which was then kicked up and punctured the radiator, but after talking to dad I can't rule out a failed bottom hose. Are either a possibility, or have I gone and broke my car?

Last edited by Bogbrush82; 14th September 2019 at 19:09..
Bogbrush82 is offline   Reply With Quote