Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th May 2019, 19:16   #10331
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo), 75 Connie SE 2.0 CDTi (Kim)

Drove Kim to pub lunch with the Trikeys. Great day out, fantastic food and picked up some invaluable advice
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madeupname For This Useful Post:
Old 19th May 2019, 18:17   #10332
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Changed over the standard grey dash and steering wheel, not to everyone's taste but I'm pleased with it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maxi_crawf For This Useful Post:
Old 19th May 2019, 18:23   #10333
gnu
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Changed over the standard grey dash and steering wheel, not to everyone's taste but I'm pleased with it.
Where did you get that green trim?
Old 19th May 2019, 18:35   #10334
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Where did you get that green trim?
It was originally in the Le mans ZT of Ken 'Jubby' in here, he sold it on and the next owner sold on some of the parts here, I'd seen it in Ken's car (not knowing when I bought it that it had been his) It's a PPD walnut dash so a better fit, and was professionally painted along with the wood/leather wheel, not to everyones taste maybe but not OTT, I'm quite pleased with it to be honest, I'm part way through fitting cruise control as well.

Last edited by maxi_crawf; 19th May 2019 at 19:15.. Reason: spelling
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 18:51   #10335
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
It was originally in the Le mans ZT of Ken 'Jubby' in here, he sold it on and the next owner sold on some of the parts here, I'd seen it in Kens car (not knowing when I bought it that it had been his) It's a PPD walnut dash so a better fit, and was professionally painted along with the wood/leather wheel, not to everyones taste maybe but not OTT, I'm quite pleased with it to be honest, I'm part way through fitting cruise control as well.
That is a beautiful shade of green. I have a Le Mans ZT with a dull as ditchwater fascia... yours is pure class! Nice one.
Old 19th May 2019, 20:46   #10336
mirage110

mg zt diesel, mg zt 190

Default ffs

today i tightened the in tank fuel filter due to a non starter..
what a palarva!!!, first the seat, wow it was a right royal pain to remove, perhaps a longer bar needed next time to help with the leverage?..

getting the filter loosened and removed was a doddle!!, tightened the two halves back to full tightness easy, but my oh my trying to get the sucker back down to tighten that metal ring thingy what a mare, so plenty of searching on here and i realised that the black rubber sealing ring goes inside the other sealing ring and not on the top, and with a bit of lube and a good weighty push managed to tighten the metal ring and hey presto she fired straight up!....

only thing is now i gotta do the whole thing again next week when the plastic clip thing to stop it coming loose arrives from mr postman.
mirage110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 21:35   #10337
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,105 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel Filter refitting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage110 View Post
today i tightened the in tank fuel filter due to a non starter..
what a palarva!!!, first the seat, wow it was a right royal pain to remove, perhaps a longer bar needed next time to help with the leverage?..

getting the filter loosened and removed was a doddle!!, tightened the two halves back to full tightness easy, but my oh my trying to get the sucker back down to tighten that metal ring thingy what a mare, so plenty of searching on here and i realised that the black rubber sealing ring goes inside the other sealing ring and not on the top, and with a bit of lube and a good weighty push managed to tighten the metal ring and hey presto she fired straight up!....

only thing is now i gotta do the whole thing again next week when the plastic clip thing to stop it coming loose arrives from mr postman.
Posted for the benefit of folks searching for "how to" filter refitting.

When replacing the in-tank Fuel Filter, ALWAYS slide the large black seal off the filter body and position it in the Fuel tank around the aperture location. Look at the design of the filter to see which of the slots in the seal's circumference locate in the aperture. Yes, then when fitted a tad of Vaseline spread around the inner surface of the seal will enable the Filter Assembly to slide down and make refitting the ring retainer that much easier.

The first time I did this job I found it impossible to refit the assembly. Took quite a while to understand that the big seal around the neck of the filter will never slot into the tank's aperture location. The big seal needs to be put into the aperture first.

Here the assembly will never fit into its location unless a big 'ammer is deployed Clarkson style...

In the above image, the previous owner of my now daily driver planned to have the scrap man take his car away for little money. He had lots of fuel in the tank and removed the filter assembly to syphon out and save the fuel. He told me he simly could not replace the assembly. The big seal was around the underside of the top lip.

Note the seal has been removed from under the top LIP of the filter assembly in this image...

Fitted in no time.