Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th February 2019, 20:20   #11
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default Kkh101385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi John.
From the photo we can see it is the original mount as it as the Letter P what did you replace it with ? were you able to get hold of another original mount with the letter P as I have never seen any about.

Hi Steve,

The new one I fitted had part number KKH101385 on the packaging which is the same number as quoted on Rimmers (although NLA on there, so use KKH101383 instead) and is also on DMGRS web site.

For the life of me I can't remember if I bought it from DMGRS or another source but it certainly looks like the DGMRS one.

It is, however, different to my original "one with a P on it" that I removed, and tbh doesn't look as meaty... rubber wise that is!

The DMGRS one was £30, the Rimmers KKH101383 I see is £84 .... although the Rimmers picture does show a "P" on it (...?)

I saw other threads about Mondeo, Jaguar, and Powerflex options but I wanted a straightforward "one-off-one-on" solution.

Only time will tell I guess. At least if my new one fails, I'm confident I'll be able to change it pretty quickly now I've done it once!

One other tip about getting that bolt undone, I used a 15mm spanner - the type that has the swan neck type end - which solved the problem of not being able to get a socket on the bolt because of the sensor being in the way. Hope that makes sense!

Kind regards

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V6 Lower Mount New KKH101385.jpg (132.6 KB, 26 views)

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 22:51   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Hi Steve,

The new one I fitted had part number KKH101385 on the packaging which is the same number as quoted on Rimmers (although NLA on there, so use KKH101383 instead) and is also on DMGRS web site.

For the life of me I can't remember if I bought it from DMGRS or another source but it certainly looks like the DGMRS one.

It is, however, different to my original "one with a P on it" that I removed, and tbh doesn't look as meaty... rubber wise that is!

Quote:
The DMGRS one was £30, the Rimmers KKH101383 I see is £84 .... although the Rimmers picture does show a "P" on it (...?)

I saw other threads about Mondeo, Jaguar, and Powerflex options but I wanted a straightforward "one-off-one-on" solution.
Only time will tell I guess. At least if my new one fails, I'm confident I'll be able to change it pretty quickly now I've done it once!

One other tip about getting that bolt undone, I used a 15mm spanner - the type that has the swan neck type end - which solved the problem of not being able to get a socket on the bolt because of the sensor being in the way. Hope that makes sense!

Kind regards

John
Hi John.
Yes that is the Chinese one which have been around for ages now, should be ok on the petrol, I am currently trying one out on my diesel, only been on a couple of months, but as soon as I added to the car I could see it was being stressed, I have a couple of other types ready to test throughout this year, I will give them all about 3 months each and see what they look like after, but I must say the one on now is not that good I can feel little thuds and vibration from it.

Original would be best and would most likely last out the car, or should at least get 6 years plus out of it.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 15:40   #13
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi John.
Yes that is the Chinese one which have been around for ages now, should be ok on the petrol, I am currently trying one out on my diesel, only been on a couple of months, but as soon as I added to the car I could see it was being stressed, I have a couple of other types ready to test throughout this year, I will give them all about 3 months each and see what they look like after, but I must say the one on now is not that good I can feel little thuds and vibration from it.

Original would be best and would most likely last out the car, or should at least get 6 years plus out of it.
Keep us informed. .

Just attempting to replace this mount on my zt 190.

I'm trying to cure a clonk I get when I pull away.

Knowing my luck though, I'll remove the old one to find it looks fine and the problem is elsewhere
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 22:12   #14
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Talking

Well I managed to change the mount. The old one has a P on it so I'm guessing OEM with maybe 120k miles on it.

The new one looks the same as the one in the photo, purchased from DMGRS.

I'm 99% sure I've cured my loud clonk and drive line shunt when I pull away .��

I'm still getting a bit of shaking/vibration into the cabin on tick over though , so im thinking of changing the other mounts too.

Is there 3 more? Gearbox, top left mount and the round mount below it?

Edit: as you can see from the pictures, it's no wonder I was getting a shunt and knock when moving off.

But the new mount is litterly looking a lot happier for it's self. It's even smiling !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36ec2eb26c79a6f9ab32da35aed27515.0.jpg (73.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg cf5b950ac12bf7385c368129896980f7.0.jpg (85.6 KB, 19 views)
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )

Last edited by Mgaz; 15th May 2019 at 22:24..
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote