Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2021, 17:49   #21
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

So now Matt Hancock slopes off with his and his mates pockets filled up with cash. People could have been treated with invermectin and Hydroxychloroquine but delayed because there's no money in it. How many have died because of this government?

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 18:16   #22
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

lol, yah whatever that telly box thingy says is absolute gospel squire keep it on or we will be lost at sea for sure.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 19:18   #23
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I lost respect for Hancock long ago, not for what he did or failed at trying but for the barefaced lies he told.
"Throwing a ring around care homes".
" Never a (national) shortage of PPE"
Are but two of the untruths he told. I can tell you first hand of the lack of both of these and it is well documented on here.
Who he wants to give his first or second jab to is of no concern to me but I would have had much more respect for a person who admitted they made mistakes whilst trying to deal with a situation and undertaking a task that nobody in the past had had to deal with, rather than simply lie.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 27th June 2021 at 09:36..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 19:23   #24
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

So glad I will never be in the shoes of decision making politicians.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 20:36   #25
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Hancock has resigned.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 21:13   #26
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
This current Government have faced and are still facing the most severe problems this Nation has to deal with since WWII. I bet Corbyn and all his Corbynistas are still counting their LOSER blessings with some momentum..
When Boris and his crew got in they thought they had Brexit to sort out and then disappear into the sunset. They had no idea of what was coming.

Personally I think they have made the best of a bad job, yes a lot of people have died and many needlessly but it is the same in many countries around the world, speaking with friends who live in other countries we are actually doing very well and are viewed on with some envy. A friend who lives in Germany reckons the government there have not told the truth about there numbers and the situation is a lot worse than they are led to believe. The wifes Cousin who lives in New Zealand was saying they are unlikely to get vaccinated this year and visitors are causing a big problem.

The problem is we all want our lives back to normal and all our governments are doing they best they can to give that to us and at the same time keep the death rate down and the economy alive.

The best thing they could do is lock us all down around the world until every body has been vaccinated but that is never going to happen so we have to accept what freedom we have with the inevitable consequences sadly.

There are still 8000 people a day dyeing every day of covid around the world and we have people wanting to go and sit on a beach to get a tan.

We are the second highest country on Vaccinations on per head of population only second to Israel with its 9 milion people.

If anybody thinks they could have done a better job over the last 18 months I suggest they put there name forward at the next election but I suspect any of us would have made the same or even bigger mistakes. I would not want that job for any amount of money.

We should thank them for what they have done correctly not for what they have got wrong.

Last edited by SCP440; 26th June 2021 at 21:16..
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 06:54   #27
mbev51
Banned

Removed

The third wave is really taking off now. It’s understandable why most EU countries don’t want us taking holidays without quarantine. I’m worried that come the late autumn we will have to bring back in COVID restrictions again.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 09:24   #28
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Hancock has resigned.
over the affair, I really dont think there was a need to.
Does anyone (the general public not family or friends) really care he was having an affair?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 09:34   #29
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
When Boris and his crew got in they thought they had Brexit to sort out and then disappear into the sunset. They had no idea of what was coming.

Personally I think they have made the best of a bad job, yes a lot of people have died and many needlessly but it is the same in many countries around the world, speaking with friends who live in other countries we are actually doing very well and are viewed on with some envy. A friend who lives in Germany reckons the government there have not told the truth about there numbers and the situation is a lot worse than they are led to believe. The wifes Cousin who lives in New Zealand was saying they are unlikely to get vaccinated this year and visitors are causing a big problem.

The problem is we all want our lives back to normal and all our governments are doing they best they can to give that to us and at the same time keep the death rate down and the economy alive.

The best thing they could do is lock us all down around the world until every body has been vaccinated but that is never going to happen so we have to accept what freedom we have with the inevitable consequences sadly.

There are still 8000 people a day dyeing every day of covid around the world and we have people wanting to go and sit on a beach to get a tan.

We are the second highest country on Vaccinations on per head of population only second to Israel with its 9 milion people.

If anybody thinks they could have done a better job over the last 18 months I suggest they put there name forward at the next election but I suspect any of us would have made the same or even bigger mistakes. I would not want that job for any amount of money.

We should thank them for what they have done correctly not for what they have got wrong.

I generally agree with what you say but I do have one or two gripes.
Lockdown, was not done quick enough. Borders, not closed tightly enough.
My son is in Australia and their borders are much more tightly closed then ours. Covid cases, few and far between, lock down, a few days at a time.
All governments and parties must learn from this, look at countries that did it better and see if their course of action can be adopted into the plan should we ever have another pandemic. Other countries should learn from our vaccine roll out.

what ever has gone on, the world kept turning, the sun kept shinning.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 10:10   #30
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
The third wave is really taking off now. It’s understandable why most EU countries don’t want us taking holidays without quarantine. I’m worried that come the late autumn we will have to bring back in COVID restrictions again.
I'm not so sure the nation's mental health or the economy would stand another lockdown.
There was a large demonstration in London yesterday about current restrictions.These measures rely on compliance and I think that is wearing very thin now.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote