Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th April 2009, 00:28   #31
Chris Broughton
Loves to post

2003 Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connie SE + Projectors ,Chrome Grille +Hi Line Nav,Walnut Kit,Sunroof.

My own experience is that it is the best used car money can buy I have been driving them since 2001.It is the most reliable car I have ever owned the most comfortable the quietest and the best equipped.My last one had 191000 miles on the clock when I sold her and still had the original clutch and exhaust.

Don't take my word for it check out the JD Power survey which is the most realistic test of true ownership.The 75 came 7th overall.Dont have look at the cars that beat it look at the ones behind it which incidentally start with the E class Merc at no8.

Go on treat yourself I personally have a diesel automatic connie we Cdti and that
is the spec I would recommend.

Don't worry about parts xpart Rimmer brothers and SMC offer fantastic service and as wide a range of parts than any current model has

Good hunting
Chris
Chris Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:09   #32
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Hi Derek, thank you for the information, i was unaware that they came from the factory in two guises. But --

Hi James.

Not sure if you ever did verify that your car as a CDTi should be a 131?

I had a dig and remembered there was a PDF in the How To Datasheets section of the club entitled "Diesel Engine Derivatives" which lists all the applicable engine codes to check against your V5C.

Have a look and you can be sure.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:36   #33
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Okay Brian.

Sorry for going a little off thread with the debate over diesel engine outputs.

Found a car that may suit you, (although it may be helpful if you post in the wanted section what your ideal spec is?, just a thought?).

This looks a beautiful car, rare colour (Dorchester Red) and with the Aubergine Personal Line interior, bullet mirrors, sunroof and low mileage for £2,000.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...cleRegLetter=Y

And for those who do not want to click a link here it is in all it's aubergine splendour!

As I said, this may not be to your taste (aubergine interior is probably a marmite choice) so post your ideal spec and the members will see what is out there for you.

Derek

Last edited by derekosb; 29th April 2009 at 16:45.. Reason: Added Photos
Old 29th April 2009, 16:49   #34
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnad View Post
Hi there.Had a look at your car on e-bay and i might be interested .Great pictures.Is the bodywork as good as it looks i.e. no scratches or supermarket bumps etc. Will the head gasket need changing if i buy it?The reason i'm being picky is that if i do buy it i will have to travel 400 miles to pick it up,so i wouldn't like to go all that way unless i was sure that everything was kosher,as there's no such thing as a perfect car thats 7 years old.So i don't mind if it has a few wee problems as long as i know before seeing the car.
Thanks to everyone who answered my post as it was all most helpful.
Brian
The bodywork is better than the pics and I have no concerns at all, I have run this car for 18 months trouble free and the only thing I have paid out on is servicing...many of the yorkshire crew know my car why not ask them their opinions of it...any other questions please ask....
Old 30th April 2009, 04:58   #35
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

The most affordable, and value for money luxury car money can buy, I am looking to buy my 4th diesel 75 and am giving my 75 below to the wife. The 2.0L BMW diesel engines are sweet, and economical for the size of the car. It has done 135,000 miles and only had tyres, disc pads, oil & filters, and is still a beautifull car to drive.

Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 21:21   #36
supersnad
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8 club

Just bought and picked up Lee's Rover 75 today which was a 700 mile trip but well worth it,The car is an absolute dream to drive on the motoway the only thing i'm going to get used to is in the first 3 gears i don't always get a smooth gear change as the clutch "bite" is quite different than my old Seat.It's if i'm dropping the clutch,but no doubt my left foot will re-educate itself in time .
Brian
supersnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 21:28   #37
mimbo
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 216 Coupe

2.5 V6 Automatic is my first choice of a 75, only had it a couple of months, the drive is the best car that I have ever driven, have all the toys, sat nav, leather, cruise, sun blind, sun roof, msg center, a lpt of car for very little money

Ok so it thristy but then it is sure limo lux

P.James (Member 6589 ) Nuts about the 75
mimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 08:46   #38
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnad View Post
Just bought and picked up Lee's Rover 75 today which was a 700 mile trip but well worth it,The car is an absolute dream to drive on the motoway the only thing i'm going to get used to is in the first 3 gears i don't always get a smooth gear change as the clutch "bite" is quite different than my old Seat.It's if i'm dropping the clutch,but no doubt my left foot will re-educate itself in time .
Brian
Hi Brian

Excelllent news and Lee's car does look like a cracker. Hopefully it will give you many years service.

Well now you have joined the ranks why not bring your "new" car along and show it off at the Scottish Meet at Thirlestane Castle on the 24th of May? Be delighted if you could make it. See the Events & Meets section for full details. A few of us have arranged a mini meet within the Scottish All Rover Rally on the Sunday. Should be a great day out.

All the best with the new car and as I am sure you have found this club should be able to help with virtually any query you may have.

Derek