Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd June 2009, 07:15   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Default You gotta feel sorry for this kid....

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18019506

Shocking read, and makes you wonder about kids today when it comes to money!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:43   #2
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

It is a shame the person was probably ripped off but to slag someone off for spending too much seems to be a real downer on him and it shows in that thread.

After all everyone has bought wrongly at times but its always the buyers choice of what to buy. Those having a go at him on that thread should be ashamed of themselves. Constructive posts should always be welcome but some of those posts are just abusive and rude.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:07   #3
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

I agree with Ken and the only thing there achieving on that thread is pointing out what a terrible mistake he made, I'm sure hes well aware.
Still, if he gets a bank loan in a year or so and pays off the finance on a settlement figure he may not come out too bad and probably be wiser for his mistakes.

A friend did this a few years ago and whilst he was not 19 he had suffered some adverse credit and had convinced himself he needed a "new" car, off he went to Welcome finance....
Once they had decided how much he could borrow the very pretty young lady by all accounts, asked him a few questions about the type of cars he liked, like a lamb to the slaughter or a visit to a fortune teller he told her that he did not under any circumstances like Mondeos but was quite keen on Vectras ( theres no accounting for taste and by this time she was probably rubbing her hands).
So, after he was left to drink "free" coffee for half an hour they announced that they had got together a selection of cars for him to view.
There were only four of them and surprisingly two of them were Mondeos!
The other two were Vectras but..."I'm terribly sorry sir only one of them has been prepped, I hope you don't mind".
Now, the unprepped Vectra was a low mileage ,CDX spec and probably not a bad car it was just dirty. (Can you see whats happening here?)The price was at the limit of his allocation as well.

The final Vectra was spotless but higher mileage and much lower spec with a 1.8 engine instead of the CDX diesel, but it fell a considerable amount below his figures.

Which car did he buy?...

The one he was destined to buy the minute he opened his mouth and the one they wanted to get rid of.

He escaped a couple of years later when his credit improved but swore blind he would NEVER buy a car on any kind of finance again.
He now drives a 75 as it happens and I sold it to him! Nice Moonstone Diesel, I won't say anymore just in case he does join at some point!

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:21   #4
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

It's a shame that some companies are setup to take advantage of the uninformed, desperate or plain stupid. But at the end of the day he went to them and not them to him.

Hopefully in 2-3 years he will look back and learn a few lessons form this.

It's a shame that the thread linked to has goen down the money route instead of the fact that the person is happy with the new car and obviously very proud of it.

I'm sure that some members on this forum have bought cars that are way overpriced but are still very proud of them. I'd like to think that if someone on here bought a car under the same circumstances we would be a bit more tolerant.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:25   #5
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

You could say the same for myself and others on here.

Purchasing Brand New Rover 75's and ZT's only to find within two months the Company going Bust and prices plummeting.

Fortunately was intending to keep car for years and not on Finance so at least didn't have those worries.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:33   #6
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

I paid about £500 more than my car was really worth. Didn't bother me as i got the car I wanted with the mileage I wanted in the colour I wanted.

A car is worth as much as you are willing to pay and to anyone buying on a finance arrangement it's never going to really be worth what you pay for it.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:03   #7
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

A car is worth what its worth to you if you pay over the odds but are still happy no probs. :lol: Its always easy to be wise after the fact and as most of the posters appear to be kids they have All the answers as usual (they think) leave the guy alone get a life and let him enjoy his car its his money.

best wishes woolleysox and the best of luck to him

Last edited by woolleysox; 23rd June 2009 at 16:05..
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:21   #8
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

It really is a shame that the members did not give him any constructive critism, they just made a lot of nasty remarks about the car he bought and the way he chose to finance the car.

We all make mistakes and I feel pretty certain that the vast majority of people on that forum giving the negative advice etc have probably been in the same position as this young man.

He likes his car as we like ours, he paid over the odds but who has'nt, hopefully he will learn a lesson from purchase and be better informed in the future.
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:59   #9
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

You can't help but feel sorry for the lad. He was obviousley desprate for a car and was not in a position to shop around.

Whats sad is that finance aside any joy he had in buying his Clio has now been taken from him
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:06   #10
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

It shows how great are forum is because that sort of thing does not happen.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote