Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th October 2020, 09:28   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Home Insurance - I Don't Normally Check.

Normally, I just accept that my Home Insurance comes up each year, is not too painful to pay, and if there's a problem, after disputing their commitment, one would receive something.

It was a freephone number to check so I could afford that, and the chap on the other end, once I'd got passed those annoying "drop down menus", was very helpful.

I explained that having received the renewal notice, I went online but could not find details of the "new cover opportunity".

The upshot of it all, is that the new "opportunity" gives me less cover on each thing, so after going over my present cover, cutting out two needlessly covered items and explaining that my home actually had one bedroom less than I was covered for, I came out paying less this year by 20%. I'm happy.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 09:41   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Those who do not ask, do not get.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 11:47   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I usually let mine renew automatically on Direct Debit, but this year I decided to have a hunt around. The upshot was that I found I could get virtually the same cover for £220 as opposed to the £540 my existing company wanted. I rang them and they found the same cover with a different Insurance Co for £396, which I would have probably taken had I not looked at the comparison website. I rang the £220 quote firm and they confirmed my cover for £217, so I bought it. Rang the existing Broker and asked them to cancel my direct debit. No argument - they transferred me to their "non-renewal" department, who were totally pleasant to deal with - they must have had a lot of practice. Being a loyal person, I shall probably stay with the new Co for 2/3 years, and then check again, unless the cost goes astronomic.

IT PAYS TO CHECK!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 18:19   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The wifes brother was telling me was about to renew his car insurance and it had gone up again. I asked him how much and he said it was only another £30. I asked him how much he was paying and he said about £700.

My wifes Brothers is 72, he lives in a quite village near the coast, has no convictions or claims and he drives a 15 year old Nissan Micra, he is a nice guy but is a bit gullible if you know what I mean?

I asked him when he last asked if the broker he was using could get a better deal, he apparently hadnt so I suggested he did. He rung me the following day to say they had come up with a £50 better offer. I suggested he try another broker and when he did he got a quote for £240. He had been using the broker for over 20 years.

I have used a broker for years but I always check the premium is competitive before I renew.

It makes me so cross these companies are ripping people off but get away with it.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 19:00   #5
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Ours is very low less than £200 per year and the cover is fabulous . Never claimed obviously .
Anyway my Nissan Micra 06 spare car we keep just incase . cost £420 fully comp for the both of us how does that work !
I insured it for the year rover off road for a month for a series of preventive maintenance jobs but Micra will do for the winter as a hack .
Look at this rover 75 connoisseur cdt in morfa bychan
On Google images how does that look