Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th April 2010, 22:46   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned78 View Post
On the CDT a 24mm spanner is difficult to fit in. I had to pull mine myself, and when it slipped, I cleaved a good inch and a half of skin from my thumb. So, note to self - wear rigger gloves in future.

I'm working on modifying the 24mm for the next time I need to do the job. Grinding back the offending area, and welding the opposite side to reinforce it seems the best step forward, but the arm needs to be bent too.
when the spanner is on the tensioner nut, tap a thin tapered piece of wood down between the chassis and the spanner. no slipping off then.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:17   #12
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

you wanna be glad its not a v6.... you have to remove the right hand engine mount complete, a right old game and half!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 00:44   #13
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Default Aircon belt.

Hi All, I have a 2002 Conn cdt and my belt on the aircon is cracked. Rimmers are advertising three belts with different part numbers, can anyone tell me the correct part number please?. Thanks. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 18:52   #14
welshman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE CDT Tourer

I've just done the belt job and even went to the bother of making a spanner for the onslaught

not a nice job, but I have had worse, yes it was easy to remove the old belt using the spanner, but to be honest I found it just as easy to fit the new one without the damn thing, which is what I did in the end

Al
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:06   #15
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Default Aircon belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman View Post
I've just done the belt job and even went to the bother of making a spanner for the onslaught

not a nice job, but I have had worse, yes it was easy to remove the old belt using the spanner, but to be honest I found it just as easy to fit the new one without the damn thing, which is what I did in the end

Al
Many thanks for that Al. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 07:57   #16
welshman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE CDT Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hi All, I have a 2002 Conn cdt and my belt on the aircon is cracked. Rimmers are advertising three belts with different part numbers, can anyone tell me the correct part number please?. Thanks. John.
Morning John,

I have a 2002 75 Conny SE CDT Tourer and the "Gates" part# is 5PK2030 for the main Serpentine drive belt and here is a diagram of the lay out.
https://www.gates-online.com/GatesEU...ages/S6106.jpg

I think it is the other smaller belt that you are talking about which is "Gates" 5PK870. This is the one that was cracked on mine but I changed both for trouble free piece of mind motoring.

Good luck.

Alan
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 16:42   #17
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlunn View Post
My 2004 CDTi Tourer auto is due it's 6 year 'C' service. The official MG/Rover service schedule includes replacement of ancillary drive belt
I don't think it does actually. The service schedule calls for annual examination of the auxiliary belt and replacement as necessary. It's basically a matter of judgement, based the visual state of the belt. I wouldn't replace the aux belt unless it was showing signs of distress.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 21:41   #18
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
put www.eurocarparts in your browser, and you might just save yourself some money. i paid £37.00 for a aux belt from a main dealer. same place wanted £33.00 for aircon belt. eurocarparts, aux belt:£16, aircon belt: £7.35.
these were the correct number part, same manufacturer as origonal, made by continental/contitec.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:59   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman View Post
Morning John,

I have a 2002 75 Conny SE CDT Tourer and the "Gates" part# is 5PK2030 for the main Serpentine drive belt and here is a diagram of the lay out.
https://www.gates-online.com/GatesEU...ages/S6106.jpg

I think it is the other smaller belt that you are talking about which is "Gates" 5PK870. This is the one that was cracked on mine but I changed both for trouble free piece of mind motoring.

Good luck.

Alan
My belated thanks for that Alan - I was trying to confirm I had been supplied with the correct belts and trying to decypher the actual run of the aux belt in preparation for having a go at fitting them.

My aux belt didn't look too bad in place, from what I could see, but the a/c belt was quite badly cracked. I paid £24.something from our local parts emporium for the pair of Gates belts.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 18:16   #20
Kevlunn
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer Conn SE CDTi auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
My belated thanks for that Alan - I was trying to confirm I had been supplied with the correct belts and trying to decypher the actual run of the aux belt in preparation for having a go at fitting them.

My aux belt didn't look too bad in place, from what I could see, but the a/c belt was quite badly cracked. I paid £24.something from our local parts emporium for the pair of Gates belts.
Hi Harry.

I recently replaced both belts. As with yours - the main belt seemed to be in fairly good nick - but the aircon belt was very badly cracked. Both belts were easy to remove, and the aircon belt was easy to replace. I did, however, have a real struggle getting the main belt back on the final pulley. My main problem was that I didn't have a ring-spanner that would fit into the gap between the spring-loaded adjuster pulley nut and the chassis. I used an open-ended spanner to remove the belt - but found it very difficult to keep that spanner on the nut and maintain tension while I tried to slip the new belt over the final pulley. It was a two-man job in the end - and we both struggled - although managed it in the end. I lost a chunk of skin off the end of one my fingers when my friend holding the tension allowed the spanner to slip off the nut as I was easing the belt on!
Let me know how you get on!

Kev