Notices

Old 15th March 2022, 14:12   #31
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, I seem to have upset you with my fears. My dad was a refugee so perhaps I should know better

macafee2

My comment wasn’t directed at you, I have heard the same from folk at work and I understand concerns, everyone must rise above that and get these poor folk out of the hell they are in at present.
Old 16th March 2022, 05:47   #32
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
My comment wasn’t directed at you, I have heard the same from folk at work and I understand concerns, everyone must rise above that and get these poor folk out of the hell they are in at present.
Well said Andy. Thank you for speaking up. Trust is a 2 way street for the property owner and the refugee tenants. Ultimately if the landlord is unable to trust and the owner is feeling insecure, the scheme is not for them.

I was thinking about the refugees, how what’s happened to them could happen to any of us. If Putin decided to attack the UK, how many Brits would be made homeless and become refugees. I suspect house insurance would not cover it…..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2022, 09:58   #33
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

It is a complicated situation and needs careful thought- many will just want somewhere they can sleep in safety without the stress of adjusting to other peoples home regime. Others, the elderly and infirm will need assisted, professional attention. Others, mother and children will need assistance with schooling/nursery needs and maybe ongoing medical attention. All praise to those who feel they can help but think it through carefully, others have already pointed to some of the inevitable risks involved. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote