Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th February 2018, 06:48   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Redfive's 1st mini tour of the............................

................................................. U.K. Starts today. Back down to Devon/Cornwall house hunting. Progress is slow at my end of selling my place but that's ok as it gives me more time to find that "perfect" location. We will be staying with Matt n Shirley again. And "Rhubarb" will be able to meet up with "Custard" for a reunion.

Still looking for somewhere in Cornwall but will speak to the estate agent to widen the search to cover Devon as well. Might even get a bit of sightseeing in as well. But I'll need to return to Essex on Friday as I have a busy weekend lined up. Visiting the Meguairs warehouse in Daventry on Saturday for a seminar, along with the North London MG Club. And Sunday I have the breakfast meet at the Ely in Camberly.

From Camberly it will be back to North London to swap Redfive over with the Bear for a week, just to give the V8 a run to blow the cobwebs away.
Then once at home I will continue with getting the loft totally cleared and continue with the packing everything up in the flat.

So don't forget to wave, flash those lights or toot should you see Redfive on her travels this week.
I'll keep the diary going as I know we do have a good following on here.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 6th February 2018 at 06:49.. Reason: Spellin'
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 16:27   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Down in record time with only........................

........................................... 2 hold-up's, one on the M25 and t'other on the A380.

Heard on the wireless thingy this morning that there was lane closures on the M25 so I decided to leave a bit earlier. But first Redfive needed some go-go juice. Went to the local Esso garage to top up the tank. Soon out and onto the M11 then as I filtered onto the M25 I hit the traffic. The two left hand lanes were closed, first for a shunt between a UK registered truck and a wee car. Further on the those two lanes were shut for barrier repairs. Slow going but at least we was moving.

The weather was blue sky and sunshine but cold judging by the outside temperature gauge, 2 degrees. Soon the road was clear and it was 69.9mph all the way to the M4, and even on the M4 I was able to maintain the 69.9mph. The sunshine had given way to a flurry of snow but that soon cleared and back to bright skies, but the temperature outside struggled up to 4 degrees.

Must be the first time I have joined the M5 without the variable speed limits on. The weather was a bit mixed but at least it was staying dry. The gritters were about so obviously ice and possible snow expected. Caught a Police van up and on the back it had written in large Red letters " Bobby Van", never heard of this before. As I overtook it read on the side, " Police Carpenter Community Van" and underneath was written " Bobby Van" again. Pretty sure it was a Police vehicle as the driver looked as if he had a uniform on.

Stopped at Sedgemoor services for a wee, tea and a sarnie before continuing. Traffic was free flowing and the hold up was on the A380, in the roadworks. But soon I was turning into Matt's road. Parked up and checked the time. 4 hours from home, pretty good. Redfive behaved herself all the way. Lovely car to drive, not as nice as Banana though, but still good.

Kettle on, tea made by Matt. Shirley was out shopping. Matt had a MG ZR to move, so I followed behind in Redfive to give him a lift back. We stopped of at Matt's mum's dad's house, this is where Banana is parked up on the drive. We went inside for a chat and a coffee. Matt's dad has a new coffee machine and was keen to impress me. And a very nice Latte as well.
Then into Redfive and home. Shirley was back from shopping and Matt helped whilst I took my stuff in.

We are off to coffee and cars this evening, be a surprise for them when I turn up with Redfive.

onen hag oll
Old 6th February 2018, 20:55   #3
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Great write up as always Bob.

I look forward to seeing Red five should you bring her up here.
Old 6th February 2018, 21:05   #4
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Love it Love it Love it
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 21:35   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1961 View Post
Great write up as always Bob.

I look forward to seeing Red five should you bring her up here.
I expect she'll be up at some point Graham.

onen hag oll
Old 6th February 2018, 22:06   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The coldness down here.........................

............................................. in Devon is different to the coldness in Essex. It's warmer!!!!!!!! Shirley cooked a lovely dinner, followed by a nice cake dessert. Washed down with another cuppa. Then Matt and I got ready and just us two went to the Coffee & Car meet at The New Passage Inn. We both travelled in just one car, Redfive. 6 cars made this weekly meet, be more cars in the summer months.
And my Brucie bonus this evening was Matt showing me how the cruise control worked on Redfive. Never had a car with this device fitted. Will take some getting used to.

Nice chat with Jeff, who is still driving at the age of 90. He has a stunning Rover 75 Tourer in Ski Blue on a 54 plate with just 21,000 miles on the clock. His first car that he owned was a Jaguar SS 100, bought it for £90 in 1950 and sold it for £120 in about 1952. What would it worth now?

Looks like I'll be attending a few meets down this neck woods again this year.
And with that we said our goodbye's. Out into the warm but chilly evening. As the A380 was closed we had to go through the town to get back, managed it back with not too much guidance from Matt.

Off house hunting in the morning.

onen hag oll
Old 7th February 2018, 14:13   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Got a viewing tomorrow...........................

........................................... In Saltash. It's not quite what I'm looking for but at least it's a foot on the ladder. It is a semi-detached house. Meeting the agent at 1pm and meeting my friend Debbie at 12.45, she has volunteered to come and have a look with me. Suppose I'll have to treat her to a coffee.

Signed up to two more estate agents in Saltash, both more helpful than the first one I signed up with. Got loads to look through this evening. Then I took Redfive down to the waters edge by the Union Pub under the Tamar bridge. Took some pictures, beautiful blue sky and warm sunshine. I did not need a coat on, lovely just like a summers day.

Then I drove up to Kernow Mill for a bite to eat, well a bowl of soup and a roll. Then went for a wee drive before driving back to Matt n Shirley's feeling pleased.

Spotted out on the road. Close to Matt's was a Anthricate ZTT.
Then out towards Hele Park I saw a MK 1 ZT in Silver.
A Dark Blue Rover 75 saloon between Kernow Mill and Torpoint, B12 ***.
MG 3 in Red on the same road as above.
Silver 75 Tourer on the A38 close to the Plympton turn off.
Then back near Hele Park on the way home there was a Rover 75 Tourer in Copperleaf, in the traffic jam where the scanner lorry was working.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 7th February 2018 at 14:52.. Reason: Spotted on the road.
Old 7th February 2018, 18:23   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool All you can eat down.............................

................................................ Oriental Buffet this evening, made a nice change and saved Shirley from having to cook. And on our way home we saw yet another fine looking Rover 75 in Copperleaf. There's a lot of them around down here.

Checked out the emails from the new estate agents and found some really nice bungalows up For Sale. Will have to arrange viewing tomorrow.
Chilling out now.

onen hag oll
Old 7th February 2018, 20:40   #9
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Fruitful

Have a good day tomorrow Bob, and perhaps a fruitful one on the house front. You never know might be one tomorrow.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 20:50   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Have a good day tomorrow Bob, and perhaps a fruitful one on the house front. You never know might be one tomorrow.

Chris
I've already got a list of people wanting to come and stay. Might have to set up a rota.

onen hag oll