Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Members Contributions
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2012, 21:48   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default TMC Antenna Amplifiers + Antenna

For those struggling with compromised reception of TMC data on their DD ICE satnav units, I am offering a solution to the problem. Your car has one built in antenna which is needed for the radio reception, but your satnav needs a second one for the TMC reception. One method of doing this is to split the one antenna feed to the radio into two in order to feed both, but past experience suggests this method detracts from the radio's reception. The TMC is not quite so fussy, so long as it is fed with a reasonable signal.

For this reason, I am offering the following tried and tested solution....

It is an commercial 12volt 22dB antenna amplifier, which comes in the form of a kit of parts. I assemble the kit, add power cabling, antenna coax + plug and an 8 foot antenna wire, then finally test its operation before sending it to you. You then install it at the back of the DD, apply power and run the wire antenna up the A pillar and tuck it along the edge of roof lining, finally plugging it into the TMC antenna socket at the back of the DD - basically all neatly hidden away. The result should be more than adequate for TMC reception.

To help keep down the cost to you, I really need to order the kits in batches of four at a time, which will mean you getting them for £30 each delivered. Fewer than the minimum batch order will incur a surcharge of an extra £3.50 per unit, so £33.50.

You will need to PM me first with a preliminary order, then I will need your payment to be made as a gift via Paypal, along with your name and address sent via PM - once the final cost has been advised to you. Of course, just sending me the £33.50 will get your unit ordered irrespective of the need to wait for a full batch of four.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Closed Thread