Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2021, 09:21   #111
Torqueofthedevil
Regular poster
 
Blue 75 Connoisseur. Former ZT260 owner

Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Myddle
Posts: 52
Thanks: 155
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I think you are right, the fear or hype is largely because the majority of migrants have different cultures and let's be honest they tend not to be white. I am pretty certain that others will argue differently.
Your point, copied above, sums up our current predicament beautifully.
Thank you. What a shame that so many people fell for it!

Last edited by Torqueofthedevil; 2nd December 2021 at 08:55.. Reason: Syntax error
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torqueofthedevil For This Useful Post:
Old 1st December 2021, 13:53   #112
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 12,532
Thanks: 1,430
Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
What have Pakistani grooming gangs got to do with migrants crossing the Channel? Secondly, please tell me how many of the approximately one million "regugees" who entered Germany in 2015 took part in the revolting attacks on the following New Year's Eve? Finally, where did Saga_lout mention rape/sexual "assualt" by Afghans?
The way you have worded that is almost suggesting the victim is acceptable collateral damage.
Watching things like police interceptors there are foreigners committing crime. Jail them then deport them, simple as that. If they run the risk of abuse or death in their own country, they should have thought about that before committing crime here. We will give you a save place but commit crime and you are out. To much pussy footing round. FWIW there is a case where I think English parents so abuse their son he lost both legs, the parent will be out of jail after only 5 years. Government is talking about making similar crimes a life term but these parents did not get the maximum sentence so making it life is "pointless"

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macafee2 For This Useful Post:
Old 1st December 2021, 14:46   #113
wraymond
I will find or make a way
 
wraymond's Avatar
 
75 Auto 2.5 SE

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westcliff on Sea
Posts: 4,407
Thanks: 373
Thanked 1,485 Times in 883 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Torqueofthedevil;2910414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

Yes, but it's not good English! As I have said, an influx cannot enter a country because it's an abstract - and anyway, it's a noun, not a pronoun
Thank you, always happy to be corrected! However, my Big Book has it as an alternative in that a pronoun can be 'a word used as a substitute for a noun to establish or differentiate intent'. Mind you, it is a very old Big Book.
__________________
member no. 235
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wraymond For This Useful Post:
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:13   #114
Torqueofthedevil
Regular poster
 
Blue 75 Connoisseur. Former ZT260 owner

Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Myddle
Posts: 52
Thanks: 155
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The way you have worded that is almost suggesting the victim is acceptable collateral damage.
I certainly didn't intend to imply that - I don't believe that at all. And it's true that plenty of foreigners commit crimes in Britain, whatever path they took to get here - in the same way that plenty of Brits commit crimes abroad. But what I object to is the hysterical ranting by several other posters which lacks any basis in fact or reason.

And while I wish that your instant conviction/deportation combo was an option, the fact is that it's not - in the majority of cases. Another illusion of Brexit was that we would be able to make our own arrangements on this, whereas the reality is that the Government chose to lock us into the ECHR - which of course is a separate treaty and predated the EU by a number of years.

Last edited by Torqueofthedevil; 2nd December 2021 at 10:16.. Reason: Syntax error!
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2021, 19:49   #115
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two
 
mileshawk56's Avatar
 
MGZT

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Reading
Posts: 1,040
Thanks: 1,565
Thanked 263 Times in 194 Posts
Default

I love stereo types and on the basis of that and what fleeting sights Ive had of the ???? channel crossers and general reporting giving clues to the origin of the people they look to me to be mostly young males (14/15-30ish years old) from Syria/Northern Kurdistan/Libya likely to be more familiar with the workings of a AK47 and or RPG than be a Nuclear scientist or any other skills. Got fed up with fighting whoever or on whatever side and maybe their see their skills are numbered and its time to get out? The others are winning and we will be in a little book? They all looked strong well clothed and well fed fellows-in a fight Id back them against most Britons of today, certainly nothing like the rag clothed, starving millions of displaced persons who wandered Europe 1945- 55. So let them in? not sensible really. If anyone wants to let them in, they can give one board and bed and go bail for them but dont leave any sharp knives around. Chris.S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mileshawk56 For This Useful Post:
Old 6th December 2021, 20:04   #116
Number 6
This is my second home
 
Number 6's Avatar
 
Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Meneac
Posts: 6,210
Thanks: 4,572
Thanked 1,431 Times in 774 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=wraymond;2910456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post

(Quote=Thank you, always happy to be corrected! However, my Big Book has it as an alternative in that a pronoun can be 'a word used as a substitute for a noun to establish or differentiate intent'. Mind you, it is a very old Big Book.
So are you saying I could possibly have been correct in the way I worded my response??
__________________
]

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2020, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd