Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th July 2019, 11:01   #1
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Default New MG ZS why you think?

We are looking at getting a new ZS limited edition. Does anyone have any experience with the new ZS?
Old 11th July 2019, 11:37   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

We have a 1.5 bought in December with 6500 miles on it now.

Love the car. It's been brilliant and hard to fault, although others will I'm sure lol

I had to use it for work the other day ( Mrs Simondi was using my works car) and it was lovely. A mixture of motorway,town and country driving all very relaxing.

The 1.5 is not a speed machine but for normal driving it's fine. Averaging around 45 mpg no faults.

I would certainly recommend however Im also lucky to have an excellent dealer local to me

We got it with 5 years interest free and 7 year warranty- can't really fall off.

If you purchase one though be ready of the onslaught of ' it's not a proper MG' , ' it's rubbish because it's Chinese' and of course ' look what they've done to Longbridge' etc.

It's a good car, not massively expensive. It's not got the same quality as the Jaguar SUV or indeed the Bentley SUV but we love it. It also doesn't have the price tag.

Oh, it can also fit a Tuba in the boot

Good support from various groups including the MGCC SUV register
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2019, 12:36   #3
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you!

I have heard a few people on't like them and telling me not to get one. Its going to be for my other half as she has as Renault megane mk2 convertable thats starting to want work on it.

Wwe are looking at the finance option not pcp.

Oh the not a proper MG thing makes me laugh to be honest. If it has an 8 sided shape on the front as a badge with the letters M and G in it then to me its an MG............ Alot of the people saying that are driving around in the Z range....... so technially they are not proper MGs either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
We have a 1.5 bought in December with 6500 miles on it now.

Love the car. It's been brilliant and hard to fault, although others will I'm sure lol

I had to use it for work the other day ( Mrs Simondi was using my works car) and it was lovely. A mixture of motorway,town and country driving all very relaxing.

The 1.5 is not a speed machine but for normal driving it's fine. Averaging around 45 mpg no faults.

I would certainly recommend however Im also lucky to have an excellent dealer local to me

We got it with 5 years interest free and 7 year warranty- can't really fall off.

If you purchase one though be ready of the onslaught of ' it's not a proper MG' , ' it's rubbish because it's Chinese' and of course ' look what they've done to Longbridge' etc.

It's a good car, not massively expensive. It's not got the same quality as the Jaguar SUV or indeed the Bentley SUV but we love it. It also doesn't have the price tag.

Oh, it can also fit a Tuba in the boot

Good support from various groups including the MGCC SUV register

Last edited by Briodyjl01; 11th July 2019 at 12:59..
Briodyjl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2019, 16:17   #4
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
Thank you!

I have heard a few people on't like them and telling me not to get one. Its going to be for my other half as she has as Renault megane mk2 convertable thats starting to want work on it.

Wwe are looking at the finance option not pcp.

Oh the not a proper MG thing makes me laugh to be honest. If it has an 8 sided shape on the front as a badge with the letters M and G in it then to me its an MG............ Alot of the people saying that are driving around in the Z range....... so technially they are not proper MGs either.
Yep had that conversation a few times lol
Old 11th July 2019, 20:05   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

We bought ours, an auto about 8 months ago and have covered about 10,000 miles and I absolutely love it, but we can’t wait to replace it. Ours came from the sales centre at Longbridge that no longer has workshop support. We have a list of ongoing warranty faults which range from minior to quite major running issues and our 3 closest dealers all of which are around 3 hours away don’t want to know with excuses from “take it back where you bought it from” to “were far too busy to look at cars we didn’t sell” “ this dealer is closer than us” even though it’s not even an MG dealer anymore. I spoke to somebody in customer services who pointed out our nearest dealer was just over 40 miles away, unfortunately the Irish Sea is in the way! Not wanting to sound negative but just to bring some balance. Very good value for money as long as your local dealer is a good one and actually local. I will miss it but fingers crossed it will be gone before it’s first service is due.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 10:45   #6
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

A possible reason the dealers that didn't sell it will not fix it is some manufacturers do not pay out for the labour on warrantee repairs, they just supply the parts. I found this out when I was having issues with my Hyundai's and was told by the dealers that they didn't get paid for labour.

It also happens in other industries. Companies we were main dealers for mainly covered our labour costs or provided their own engineers, but our main supplier would not pay our labour chargers when we did warrantee work. The excuses were you absorb it from your retail margins.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 11:48   #7
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
We bought ours, an auto about 8 months ago and have covered about 10,000 miles and I absolutely love it, but we can’t wait to replace it. Ours came from the sales centre at Longbridge that no longer has workshop support. We have a list of ongoing warranty faults which range from minior to quite major running issues and our 3 closest dealers all of which are around 3 hours away don’t want to know with excuses from “take it back where you bought it from” to “were far too busy to look at cars we didn’t sell” “ this dealer is closer than us” even though it’s not even an MG dealer anymore. I spoke to somebody in customer services who pointed out our nearest dealer was just over 40 miles away, unfortunately the Irish Sea is in the way! Not wanting to sound negative but just to bring some balance. Very good value for money as long as your local dealer is a good one and actually local. I will miss it but fingers crossed it will be gone before it’s first service is due.
All fair comments, I'm lucky in that Brysons are both local and reliable in my experience
Old 12th July 2019, 19:43   #8
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
A possible reason the dealers that didn't sell it will not fix it is some manufacturers do not pay out for the labour on warrantee repairs, they just supply the parts. I found this out when I was having issues with my Hyundai's and was told by the dealers that they didn't get paid for labour.

It also happens in other industries. Companies we were main dealers for mainly covered our labour costs or provided their own engineers, but our main supplier would not pay our labour chargers when we did warrantee work. The excuses were you absorb it from your retail margins.
All manufacturers pay for warranty repairs including labour. The labour would be at a reduced rate to retail but still chargeable as every job has a ‘standard time’ If you spent 6 hours rebuilding a gearbox and the standard time is 3.5 then that’s what you get. Manufacturers get quoted for not paying for diagnostic work but it’s a myth, Hyundai certainly do pay for time as well as parts. Regardless of where our car came from the warranty is network wide. I have my opinions why the non selling dealers won’t do warranty work but that’s just my opinion and may be incorrect.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 14:02   #9
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
All manufacturers pay for warranty repairs including labour. The labour would be at a reduced rate to retail but still chargeable as every job has a ‘standard time’ If you spent 6 hours rebuilding a gearbox and the standard time is 3.5 then that’s what you get. Manufacturers get quoted for not paying for diagnostic work but it’s a myth, Hyundai certainly do pay for time as well as parts. Regardless of where our car came from the warranty is network wide. I have my opinions why the non selling dealers won’t do warranty work but that’s just my opinion and may be incorrect.
I was told that Hyundai didn't pay labour by the dealers service manager when having problems getting things sorted out on mine. It was always nothings wrong because nothing shows up on the computers until it was taken in on the back of an RAC transporter broken down. Then suddenly the fault was there and fixed. Asked why I had to wait until it failed before it was fixed and why couldn't they investigate it before failure, they told me "Hyundai do not pay us for any labour they just supply the parts. If we cannot show a fault on the read outs then they will not send the parts".

If they were lying to me then again it just goes to show that Hyundai dealers just cannot be trusted and are useless at sorting out and fixing faults.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote