Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st January 2017, 18:00   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I didn't know that, everyone i know that has one uses it to watch sky for free.
There is a massive stock of old films made accessible by the use of Kodi, going back to the silents and the early talkies and in good quality. I have seen them used to access Sky, but to be honest the quality I have seen is appalling.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 08:06   #22
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

This is nothing new,it has been going on for years,when I was at work,there was a chap selling sky viewing cards on a regular basis and that was 25 years ago.

Whilst Sky charges the inflated prices they do, which also knock on to the other providers,people will always be looking for a way around the system.

The way to stop it is for the providers to charge reasonable prices for packages,my brothers monthly subscription to Sky, is more than his mortgage

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 2nd January 2017 at 08:21..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:42   #23
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
This is nothing new,it has been going on for years,when I was at work,there was a chap selling sky viewing cards on a regular basis and that was 25 years ago.

Whilst Sky charges the inflated prices they do, which also knock on to the other providers,people will always be looking for a way around the system.

The way to stop it is for the providers to charge reasonable prices for packages,my brothers monthly subscription to Sky, is more than his mortgage
Sky is just a business like many others, you pay what you have too to get the service you want. The cost of the service doesn't really come into it. 'gaining' new channels from a different source doesn't make it right in my opinion. Everybody I know that uses Kodi use it to gain extra pay for view stuff freely

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:09   #24
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
There is a massive stock of old films made accessible by the use of Kodi, going back to the silents and the early talkies and in good quality. I have seen them used to access Sky, but to be honest the quality I have seen is appalling.
It seems quite 'clunky' to me with strange menus and layouts. They all seem happy with it, but then it's free. Although I don't really get how it all works, its all double dutch gobildigook me.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:50   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
It seems quite 'clunky' to me with strange menus and layouts. They all seem happy with it, but then it's free. Although I don't really get how it all works, its all double dutch gobildigook me.
We have not had it long, but since getting it I was wondering where the likes of BBCi, UKTV Play and the other''on demand" systems were hidden in the menu system. Only earlier today was it pointed out to me that you have to have an Amazon account to download them as APPs to gain access. I already had an Amazon account from years ago. I could log in on the PC to my account, but the Firestick would not accept it. Going through the lost password system, it had me reset it with a password of more characters, which the Firestick then accepted. All now working and there is no chance of Amazon getting any money out of me, the details they have stored are for a no longer valid card

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 2nd January 2017, 20:28   #26
smeegol
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

The free apps like iplayer and itv hub that are all part of freeview tv are available to download via the apps section on the amazon home screen , along with other non freeview apps. The wookie is just one example one of the available builds using kodi. The firesticks are android os based running 4.4.2 on earlier models with dual core processors and os 5 quad core on the later ones with voice recognition (not used with sideloaded apps). As with most android devices, kodi and other apps can be sideloaded on the tv stick. Each build on kodi uses sources built into them from various streaming sites. These sites are based all over the world and receive streams from all over the world. Some streams from countries that comply with copyright law will be illegal. Not all sites and streams are illegal. Various streams will be from countries outside the EU or USA such as Saudi , india or china etc and these streams are only available via the internet using these apps. If someone lives in uk and wants to watch israel tv ( as a few of my friends do ) they have bought these to watch it. When you get a build you cannot pick and choose what you want in it ,as what you get depends on what the programmer installs.
You can make your own build if you are capable and decide what streams to connect to providing you have the correct I.P address of the stream.
smeegol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 06:54   #27
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeegol View Post
The free apps like iplayer and itv hub that are all part of freeview tv are available to download via the apps section on the amazon home screen , along with other non freeview apps. The wookie is just one example one of the available builds using kodi. The firesticks are android os based running 4.4.2 on earlier models with dual core processors and os 5 quad core on the later ones with voice recognition (not used with sideloaded apps). As with most android devices, kodi and other apps can be sideloaded on the tv stick. Each build on kodi uses sources built into them from various streaming sites. These sites are based all over the world and receive streams from all over the world. Some streams from countries that comply with copyright law will be illegal. Not all sites and streams are illegal. Various streams will be from countries outside the EU or USA such as Saudi , india or china etc and these streams are only available via the internet using these apps. If someone lives in uk and wants to watch israel tv ( as a few of my friends do ) they have bought these to watch it. When you get a build you cannot pick and choose what you want in it ,as what you get depends on what the programmer installs.
You can make your own build if you are capable and decide what streams to connect to providing you have the correct I.P address of the stream.
Well, Should I choose / decide to "fiddle" the system, it`s good to know that I can get all the advice on how to do it on these pages.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 14:18   #28
OliverTailor
Spammer. Banned.

Rover 75 Saloo

BTW the spam links I inserted into my forums posts have been removed and I am now banned.
OliverTailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 16:30   #29
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I agree, you can pay upto £20 - £25 extra for one which is already set up with Kodi installed, yet you can do it so easily yourself. You would need to do it anyway, when Kodi is updated, as it is regularly.

Old 31st March 2019, 19:11   #30
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

I watch a lot of football on T.V. When Sky put their prices for umpteenth time i had to drop Sky Sports. I was then introduced to the fire stick and Kodi. If Sky insist on charging the price which equivalates to the rent of a house in these parts then they only have themselves to blame.
I watch the football on foreign stream channels,where i see half time is spent showing highlights from other games,but sky insists paying for retired players to spend 20 mins talking about something we have already seen.
With all the money Sky bring in they should reduce the prices and not give billions of £s to the Clubs,that would kill two birds with one stone. I.E. Get more customers and stop an overated football player being paid an obscene amount of wages.
This of course is just my opinion.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote