Notices

Old 24th January 2010, 08:13   #31
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 squadron View Post
I think I have found the problem, it is the 'AVASTI free Antivirus' If I disable it all works fine. Problem now is do I uninstall it or not as this was the one that got rid of my virus!
Help accepted.
Uninstall and download a fresh copy again, its free for home users, dont forget to register for your free licence key

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 09:27   #32
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

I like AVAST ..very un-intrusive, and auto-updating on start-up so for kids comps etc they don't need to remember..
Also have webroot firewall,
Superantispyware
Spybot S&D
Used a few of the others mentioned on other peoples Comps too

along with a couple of others but the best defence is just don't click

A mate of mine had the DHL Fishing e-mail, and clicked etc ....eventually his AV alarmed when it started trying to send info out ...

Glad you're getting there
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 22:30   #33
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Uninstall and download a fresh copy again, its free for home users, dont forget to register for your free licence key
It won't let me uninstall I get a small window which says --'Not enough user rights to continue'
Fair enough but what user rights do I need and how do I get them?
If I down load another copy it will no dought say 'Copy already installed'
92 squadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 23:10   #34
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Normal anti virus and anti malware won't touch it as it disables them as soon as they open even in safe mode.

I removed this from my stepson's PC a few weeks ago it's a real PITA he got it after opening a link to Facebook in an e-mail.

Here's how to remove it:
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-inte...rity-2010.html

or even better:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...-security-2010

(Which is the method I ended up using.)

Can take a while but it will kill it, follow the instructions precisely. use another machine to download the programs and burn to CD, then install on the other machine in safe mode.
If it won't let you install the programs, kill the processes manually by removing the entries in the registry and remove the folders as in the first link above, then continue with the instructions in the second link.

Good luck

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 24th January 2010 at 23:29..
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 23:33   #35
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Normal anti virus and anti malware won't touch it as it disables them as soon as they open even in safe mode.

I removed this from my stepson's PC a few weeks ago it's a real PITA he got it after opening a link to Facebook in an e-mail.

Here's how to remove it:
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-inte...rity-2010.html

or even better:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...-security-2010

(Which is the method I ended up using.)

Can take a while but it will kill it, follow the instructions precisely. use another machine to download the programs and burn to CD, then install on the other machine in safe mode.
If it won't let you install the programs, kill the processes manually by removing the entries in the registry and remove the folders as in the first link above, then continue with the instructions in the second link.

Good luck

Russ
Hi Russ, It's not getting rid of the virus [hopefully done that] it is uninstalling the AVASTI anti virus protection and reinstalling it.
It wont let me uninstall it. As for the 2 anti virus tips I tried them both without sucess only AVASTI did the job.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:56   #36
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

My suggestions for superantispyware and Spybot S&D etc were for future use as they help preventing contracting the nasties in the first place, as well as preventing potential machine slowing issues.

I assume we are talking about avast ! not avasti? didn't find anything so hopefully we are on the right track.

I assume you are running as administrator?
I havent had to uninstall it before so cant help im afraid
Old 25th January 2010, 09:03   #37
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

is it avast 4.8 you installed?
Avast have a user forum on their site,
They also have an uninstall piece of software, but try the user forum first.

Have you tried the simple things first? after my connection dropping out recently I have had FF need to be 'told' to exit the "work offline " mode for some reason, never had this before.
so I kept refreshing and the browser had "work offline " ticked (under "File") so didn't refresh the page.

Good luck with it.
Old 25th January 2010, 10:50   #38
BigRuss
Premium Trader

Quote:
Hi Russ, It's not getting rid of the virus [hopefully done that] it is uninstalling the AVASTI anti virus protection and reinstalling it.
It wont let me uninstall it. As for the 2 anti virus tips I tried them both without sucess only AVASTI did the job.

Internet security 2010 can interfere with the install/uninstall routines of anti virus and anti malware as it alters and/or removes some of the files that they need in order to work.
IIRC it took me about a couple of hours to kill, remove and re-scan before I finally got rid of it.
Hopefully if you've managed to sucessfully re-install Avast! onto your computer and removed it that way all should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post

Have you tried the simple things first? after my connection dropping out recently I have had FF need to be 'told' to exit the "work offline " mode for some reason, never had this before.
so I kept refreshing and the browser had "work offline " ticked (under "File") so didn't refresh the page.

Good luck with it.
As well as killing anti virus and anti malware this really nasty intrusive piece of software (internet security 2010) over-writes every internet page you open saying it's a dodgy site or has security issues or connection problems, the only one it will let you open properly is the link to it's own page (so you can pay of course.)

You can't open Winamp, Mediaplayer and many other applications too. Every few seconds almost it comes up with a pop up window or fullscreen blocking page that prevents you from doing almost anything.

For people who aren't familiar with manual registry editing it can be a daunting task, all it takes is for one part of it to remain and it will re-install itself, then you're back to square one.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 25th January 2010 at 10:57..
Old 25th January 2010, 11:16   #39
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Internet security 2010 can interfere with the install/uninstall routines of anti virus and anti malware as it alters and/or removes some of the files that they need in order to work.
IIRC it took me about a couple of hours to kill, remove and re-scan before I finally got rid of it.
Hopefully if you've managed to sucessfully re-install Avast! onto your computer and removed it that way all should be fine.

As well as killing anti virus and anti malware this really nasty intrusive piece of software (internet security 2010) over-writes every internet page you open saying it's a dodgy site or has security issues or connection problems, the only one it will let you open properly is the link to it's own page (so you can pay of course.)

You can't open Winamp, Mediaplayer and many other applications too. Every few seconds almost it comes up with a pop up window or fullscreen blocking page that prevents you from doing almost anything.

For people who aren't familiar with manual registry editing it can be a daunting task, all it takes is for one part of it to remain and it will re-install itself, then you're back to square one.

Russ
Hi Russ,
All appears to be runnig fine with no pop-ups appearing. Like I say the AVAST! does not allow me to connect to the internet automatically without disarming it for either 10 mins, 1 hr or until I switch off and reboot.
It is not a big problem I know but if I do disarm what are the consiquences? Am I still beiing covered for viruses etc, I have Comodo running as well don't know if that makes a difference.
Regards
Old 25th January 2010, 11:39   #40
BigRuss
Premium Trader

Quote:
Hi Russ,
All appears to be runnig fine with no pop-ups appearing. Like I say the AVAST! does not allow me to connect to the internet automatically without disarming it for either 10 mins, 1 hr or until I switch off and reboot.
It is not a big problem I know but if I do disarm what are the consiquences? Am I still beiing covered for viruses etc, I have Comodo running as well don't know if that makes a difference.
Regards
Something's still not right, you should be able to connect to the net without those problems, ,try and install Malwarebytes anti malware if you haven't already, make sure it's updated and check if it finds anything. (don't ever only trust one application )

You should ideally only be running one Anti-virus application running two can cause problems.
Decide which one to use then discard the other then re-install the one you want.

In addition to the Anti-virus software you should use a Anti malware program like Malwarebyte's or Spybot S&D.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 25th January 2010 at 11:42..