Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2023, 07:21   #21
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
is this the zt you are working on ? i had this exact problem with my 75. in my case i had been supplied with the wrong length shock absorbers, i bought online . they were advertised as r75 rears. indeed they were ,but the seller had not realised that the shocks were for the very last model 75"s ( contempory) . these had the mgzt suspension set up. when i removed mine again and compared the new against the old ones, the new ones were shorter. i wondered why i had to jack up the rear arms so high to fit them. so i would suggest that you check that you have the correct length springs and damper combination if this is in fact your problem. what you could be experiencing is the shocks bottoming out whilst going over road humps , before you have" landed" so to speak. ..... and whilst you dont need much speed for this to occur , it certainly makes quite a thud.

I have just replaced the rear shock on my 05 Contemporary with 'standard' ones. I am now a little worried that I have fitted the wrong ones.

I used this thread https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=104 and Rimmers website (has the same info) to purchase the new shocks.
This is the label from the old ones I removed:

And here is the label under the rear seat squab.

When did Rover change the rear setup on the Contemporary?
From what I have seen in my car it has the stansdard setup (label under seat & label on shock)

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote