Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2010, 16:22   #241
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

That's a shame Majed. There will be plenty more meets though.
Old 18th April 2010, 18:19   #242
karl
Regular poster

MG ZT+ CDTI

looks like its going to be a good turn out, lets hope the weather is good too
Old 18th April 2010, 19:33   #243
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I've just payed and registered, see you all there in my new ZT (the 75 will be staying home this time) well it has been to three national meets already
Old 19th April 2010, 15:59   #244
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
[...] lets hope the weather is good too
The weather will be fine.

Would I bother to cross the seas and the M25 if it won't?
Old 19th April 2010, 16:41   #245
karl
Regular poster

MG ZT+ CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen View Post
The weather will be fine.

Would I bother to cross the seas and the M25 if it won't?
you had better bring it with you ha ha
Old 20th April 2010, 08:55   #246
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

Just checked the forum to see if there's any more info on Gaydon. My name finally appeared on the resistration list in early April and it's good to see a healthy potential turnout (78 as I write).

I've never been to one of these meets before, so not really sure what to expect. I'll certainly be interested to see some of the more unusual colours 'in the flesh' so to speak, but I hope for my wife's sake that it's not going to be a day of non-stop MG/Rover techno-babble, because I just know that she'll fall asleep standing up if that happens! Mind you, we've ordered wristbands for the museum and she was okay with Beaulieu 30 years ago .. I imagine Gaydon is similar?

I'm not a terribly regular visitor to the forum, but some of the names are familiar (mostly the mods!) so if anyone spots my car and comes over for a chat it'll make my day. Looking forward to Sunday, with all fingers and toes crossed for the weather

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant!
Old 20th April 2010, 09:46   #247
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Just checked the forum to see if there's any more info on Gaydon. My name finally appeared on the resistration list in early April and it's good to see a healthy potential turnout (78 as I write).

I've never been to one of these meets before, so not really sure what to expect. I'll certainly be interested to see some of the more unusual colours 'in the flesh' so to speak, but I hope for my wife's sake that it's not going to be a day of non-stop MG/Rover techno-babble, because I just know that she'll fall asleep standing up if that happens! Mind you, we've ordered wristbands for the museum and she was okay with Beaulieu 30 years ago .. I imagine Gaydon is similar?

I'm not a terribly regular visitor to the forum, but some of the names are familiar (mostly the mods!) so if anyone spots my car and comes over for a chat it'll make my day. Looking forward to Sunday, with all fingers and toes crossed for the weather
That's a lovely looking ZT you have there Rupert, I notice from your profile that you like collecting Die cast models, I take it then that you are aware of these two, often available on ebay:

1) Firefrost Red Facelift Rover 75

2) Solar Red MG ZT

Hope you enjoy the day at Gaydon, always lots to see and do at these events, come over and take a look at all my 75 / ZT models if you like, I'll have them with me
Old 20th April 2010, 10:03   #248
Rovernut
Loves to post

R75 Conn Tourer, R8 Tourer, R8 Cabby

Quote:

I'm sure you'll enjoy the day Rupert. They tend to be quite low key events and the joy for me is to be surrounded by like minded people (apart from my wife) who enthuse about their MG Rovers.

Its nice to get away from the usual knockers!

(If you know what I mean!)

Chris
Old 20th April 2010, 10:43   #249
blackbar
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Just paid for two, still have to register though. We won't be staying at the Premier Inn, it would be a little excessive as we only live 18 miles away although we would miss the dinner and banter. Looking forward to chatting with like minded people.

Barry
Old 20th April 2010, 11:49   #250
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:

I went to the first club meet at Gaydon in January 2006 when over 100 cars turned up. I too had never been to such an event and consequently had no idea what to expect. I washed and cleaned my car the previous day but was worried my car would not pass muster among the others. I was not to worry as it turned out.

I am sure you will have a good day, particularly if the weather is pleasant. You can spend as much time among the cars as you wish and the museum is worth a look. The event is not too formal and people are very friendly.
Closed Thread