Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2015, 19:36   #11
Falcon Flyer
Gets stuck in

R75 CDTi Auto Conn SE Mk1 Saloon

There are petrol versions of the webasto heater fitted to high-end BMW's and Mercs a few years ago......look at ebay.de and search for "benzine webasto"

Personally I'd be highly stressed thinking of petrol being burned anywhere but inside the engine......

One member on here I remember fitted an aux tank in his boot so that his derv webasto could run on red diesel.
Old 31st July 2015, 19:47   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Quick question Harry. When the cars (Diesel) were made, did they all have the pump for the FBH fitted under the car, or would you have to retrofit the take off from the tank?
If the FBH wasn't fitted, no pump was fitted - but all the pipework is there, simply blanked off to keep the dirt out.

You just plug the pump in, the FBH and away you go - all plug and play, could not be simpler.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 19:50   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Flyer View Post

One member on here I remember fitted an aux tank in his boot so that his derv webasto could run on red diesel.
That was me

It was a rather pointless exercise intended to save a bit of money, but the FBH burns so little fuel, it really wasn't worth it other than to see how much diesel it did burn.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 20:15   #14
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Yes, at one company l worked for we used to leave the heaters running all weekend in the winter. Lovely on the Monday morning & it only used around a pint of diesel according to the mechanic.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 20:50   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

look just behind the engine bay fuse box but down the side of the wing. your looking for two plugs, one is normally in a small plastic bag. these plug into the heater.
although yes it will heat the car before you get to it you will need a timer otherwise I think it comes on when you start the engine on a clod day and help to heat the coolant.
the bracket for the fuel pup is just in front of the offside rear wheel. the wiring is under the rear seat. lift it up and on the off side there is a round plate, remove this and you will find the wiring plug to connect to the pump.

the webasto heater fits right in front of the battery box.

you may need to cut one or two of the coolant hoses but they are or were on my car marked where to be cut.

as said they are plug and play and you can make them come on manually by earthing one of the pins on the heater but I cannot recall which one.

there is an how to from Harry I think about how to service the heaters. Frenchmike is the man to talk to if you suspect the printed circuit board is faulty.

quite a simple fit if the wiring is in place.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 06:37   #16
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Just wondering if that's a possibility. Obviously a small diesel container would have to be fitted somewhere. I've often thought about it with a lorry night-heater as it's a real boon on a frosty morning getting into a warm, completely clear motor.
If you search on ebay for webasto heaters you will find that they make a petrol version for i think land rovers. Shouldnt be too hard to make up a wiring loom to install one on a petrol even if the wiring is not there, but i thought that petrols warm up much faster making it a bit unnecessary really.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 23:52   #17
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as things get 'buried' very quickly in the General Forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote