Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th December 2020, 17:32   #11
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Andy.
Hint for Xmas present £30 is not to bad a bottle of aftershave can cost more.
I take my hat off to you . How do you find these deals . The one I was looking at was £100+.

For those prices one could be heading my way pretty soon.

Cheers.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2020, 23:14   #12
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Having just read about the Foxwell BT100, I really fancied buying one.
My cars are powered by an AGM and EFB batteries.
Sud's Law. "The BT100 does not support EFB batteries, sir. You require the Foxwell BT715. Only £114.95."
Ah well! The idea was good while it lasted.
Even if I can afford it, does not mean I can really justify it, given the very limited use it would get.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2020, 09:53   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
I have one of those testers! Handy bit of kit for customers cars.
Same one as I bought too - handy, with so many batteries around the place.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2020, 09:59   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Let the supplier know and said to save returning it I'd be happy if they sent some electrolyte and I can top it back up or give me a bit of discount and I'll buy some myself.

Their response was to go round to my local garage and get them to top it up, or just use distilled water. I've always said you get to know how good a company is when things go wrong and in the past I've had some falling over themselves to sort things out. Not this time it would seem.

Will probably top it back up with some electrolyte from one of the old batteries, saves weakening the mix. Haven't left any Ebay feedback yet, still pondering how to phrase it.
No point in topping it up with distilled water, it needs to be topped up with electrolyte and electrolyte of the correct gravity to match the state of charge.

If that is their attitude, then personally I would reject it, suggest they arrange for its collection and put a claim in for a refund.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2020, 18:28   #15
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
No point in topping it up with distilled water, it needs to be topped up with electrolyte and electrolyte of the correct gravity to match the state of charge.

If that is their attitude, then personally I would reject it, suggest they arrange for its collection and put a claim in for a refund.
Totally agree about only using acid of the correct specific gravity.

The leak though. Could be bad handling by the delivery company and not a faulty battery. I can't see the company that made the battery sending it out upside down.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2020, 10:36   #16
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:

Its an ebay purchase, you have the might of ebay customer service behind you. Request the supplying company replace it foc, if they fail to do so open a claim with ebay, id be very surprised if you dont get your money back.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2020, 19:16   #17
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Its an ebay purchase, you have the might of ebay customer service behind you. Request the supplying company replace it foc, if they fail to do so open a claim with ebay, id be very surprised if you dont get your money back.
What would you do to prove it was the companies fault ?? How would you get the evidence ??
Old 21st December 2020, 19:40   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Yes I was tempted to return it and I have no doubt I would have got a full refund. At the time though I needed a working battery and not that much electrolyte had leaked out - the level now stands just a tad below the indicators, so well above the plates.

Just disappointed with their response. Have had loads of dealings on Ebay over the years and just about all of them have been positive outcomes even when things did go wrong. As far as I remember, in all those years this is only the second time I have left negative feedback.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:35   #19
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Totally agree about only using acid of the correct specific gravity.

The leak though. Could be bad handling by the delivery company and not a faulty battery. I can't see the company that made the battery sending it out upside down.--

Not a faulty battery Jon, it did travel upside down at some point though and was badly packaged as they didn't block off the vent hole on the battery that leaked, but did on the battery that arrived as it should.

This was the difference in packing after the outer box, polystyrene and plastic bag had been removed on both batteries - you can see the sellotape and Blu-Tac over the vent hole on the second battery:

Last edited by Mike Noc; 22nd December 2020 at 08:38..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2020, 17:38   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Most batteries nowadays don't have filler caps.--In the past when I've bought batteries like that the acid comes in a separate sealed container. Doesn't matter then which way the battery is up. Sticky tape over a hole doesn't make me think it's leak proof.

Smacks of bad practice to me or lack of thought in these modern, ( not my fault Guv, ) pass the buck times.----