Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd December 2020, 07:45   #31
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Arrow

Strangely enough this will be my 1st Xmas I haven't been rota'd to work in 20 years and what a cracker (no pun intended) to pick!
Was initially planning on a trip to see family in Stevenage but, obviously, that's off the cards now so it'll be me, swmbo and copious amounts of alcoholic style drinky-poo's on Xmas day!

Saying that we'd pretty much all but written off much of the usual end-of-year holiday celebrations due to the restrictions and instead have plans in place for 2021 by which time, I hope, we'll have a tighter grip on this nasty wee bug and it's derivatives

Forget this one and look forward to getting to the light at the end of the tunnel.
Stay safe everyone and have the best day you can when the time comes

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 07:51   #32
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason6 View Post
Strangely enough this will be my 1st Xmas I haven't been rota'd to work in 20 years and what a cracker (no pun intended) to pick!
Was initially planning on a trip to see family in Stevenage but, obviously, that's off the cards now so it'll be me, swmbo and copious amounts of alcoholic style drinky-poo's on Xmas day!

Saying that we'd pretty much all but written off much of the usual end-of-year holiday celebrations due to the restrictions and instead have plans in place for 2021 by which time, I hope, we'll have a tighter grip on this nasty wee bug and it's derivatives

Forget this one and look forward to getting to the light at the end of the tunnel.
Stay safe everyone and have the best day you can when the time comes
Mrs Simondi was similar. First time in 20 years she was not working either Christmas Eve, Christmas day or boxing Day lol.

God willing there will be other Christmas days , keep safe
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 07:54   #33
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I was talking to a customer yesterday ( he is in his 20's) and he was more concerned about new years eve, he reckoned it was the best night of the year. He could get hammered and no need to worry about it for a couple of days. He reckoned some of his mates were going to hold a private party.

I just dont get it, this generation are facing the biggest effect on there lives for 75 years and all one of them is worried about it getting so drunk he looses a couple of days.

Part of the reason this virus is out of control is the young are not behaving as they should, I get it that they are bored and fed up with there freedoms being restricted but they need to realise the sooner they start behaving the sooner we will be through this. They and there children are the ones that will be paying for all this upheaval.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:23   #34
StephenEssex
Loves to post

2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Just 3 weeks to flatten to curve... back to normal by Easter... back to normal by end of the Summer....back to normal by end of the year....now tier 4.....furlough extended until April 2021....back to normal when we get a rushed through vaccine.....a health passport required to get back to enjoying your old freedoms and civil liberties.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

5 Million 'cases' and little or no excess deaths in 2020.

Where has the seasonal flu gone?

Waaakkkeyyyy Waaaakkeeyyyy
StephenEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:41   #35
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Christmas here isn't what we were planning.
My partner was going to be heading back to see her family in England for a few days. I was going to be at home with the dogs.
We knew lockdown was coming in Wales, but not until the 28th.
Then, the Welsh government announced at 6.00pm on Saturday that we would be put in lockdown by midnight.
So, we went from relative freedom to full lockdown with six hours notice.

I know it's for the best, but I do feel it could have been handled a lot better.

I feel for parents who may have left their Christmas shopping to the last minute, now all non essential retail is closed.
Likewise, it's another blow to businesses and people who can no longer go to work.
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:25   #36
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenEssex View Post
WAKE UP PEOPLE.

There have been 70,000 excess deaths in the UK so far this year. I don't think the families of those people lost would agree with you that the figure could be described as 'little or no.'

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:45   #37
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
There have been 70,000 excess deaths in the UK so far this year. I don't think the families of those people lost would agree with you that the figure could be described as 'little or no.'
Agreed it's a horrible illness, thankfully many like myself have only had mild symptoms. Sadly many others have had very severe symptoms and of course tens of thousands have died with or from the illness. Hopefully the restrictions being made over Christmas will prevent some of the more vulnerable in our society getting ill, unfortunately denial doesn't grant immunity.
Like many my Christmas plans have changed and I won't see my three year old granddaughter ( not seen her since October) but when this is beaten we will be able to enjoy and appreciate the times that we have
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:20   #38
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Are you related to Donald Trump? He lives on planet denial too!

The seasonal flu virus is out there but with social distancing, isolation and mask wearing because of covid its effects are currently limited. Perhaps its not us that should wake up!
Merry Xmas

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 21:49   #39
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I was talking to a customer yesterday ( he is in his 20's) and he was more concerned about new years eve, he reckoned it was the best night of the year. He could get hammered and no need to worry about it for a couple of days. He reckoned some of his mates were going to hold a private party.

I just dont get it, this generation are facing the biggest effect on their lives for 75 years and all one of them is worried about it getting so drunk he loses a couple of days.

Part of the reason this virus is out of control is the young are not behaving as they should, I get it that they are bored and fed up with their freedoms being restricted but they need to realise the sooner they start behaving the sooner we will be through this. They and their children are the ones that will be paying for all this upheaval.
And what is also worrying when reading posts like yours is that there are lots and lots of empty headed folk out there thinking similar thoughts.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 21:52   #40
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Just 3 weeks to flatten to curve... back to normal by Easter... back to normal by end of the Summer....back to normal by end of the year....now tier 4.....furlough extended until April 2021....back to normal when we get a rushed through vaccine.....a health passport required to get back to enjoying your old freedoms and civil liberties.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Is this post meant to be ambiguous. --( tongue in cheek ? )

Really not very well expressed.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote