Notices

Old 25th December 2020, 13:32   #51
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
What a brain dead, ignorant comment. YouTube must be your primary source of information.
Remove tin-hat and speak to the people working in hospitals, maybe the guys with the medical degrees are the ignorant ones.
Looking at the posts following yours. Maybe you might like to modify your personal comments and just stick to the facts as we now know them.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 16:51   #52
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Looking very much like another national lockdown will be announced tomorrow or at very least more areas will be put in tier 4 which will likely be the rest of England..They really need to close schools colleges and universities as that is where the virus seems most rife.It's pointless having a third lockdown unless it's going to be done properly.Gove himself said the priority is keeping schools open over reducing the infection rate.
Old 29th December 2020, 20:25   #53
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
They really need to close schools colleges and universities as that is where the virus seems most rife.It's pointless having a third lockdown unless it's going to be done properly.Gove himself said the priority is keeping schools open over reducing the infection rate.
I agree and also give the teachers, lecturers and all the students and children the vaccine, why are they dishing it out to the people who can isolate easily? Yes they are a higher risk of dying but we have thousands of people in education who would benefit from it more than people who are potentially going to be dead in a few years from a natural causes anyway.

We went shopping today and we are in tier 4, the town was busy with people wandering about with takeaway coffees and there was even a family sitting on a bench having a picnic, what part of ''stay at home'' do these people not understand?

Lock the country down with the army doing roadblocks checking people are not doing unnecessary journeys, anybody caught should be issued with a £500 fine or there car is clamped and impounded. My guess that would help. 3000 a week dying needs to be stopped and it needs drastic action or it will be 5000 a week. As has been said too many people think the rules dont apply to them.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 23:12   #54
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Looking very much like another national lockdown will be announced tomorrow or at very least more areas will be put in tier 4 which will likely be the rest of England..They really need to close schools colleges and universities as that is where the virus seems most rife.It's pointless having a third lockdown unless it's going to be done properly.Gove himself said the priority is keeping schools open over reducing the infection rate.
I'm sorry Richard I'm going to have to disagree with you on this point.

The simple fact of the matter is this, shutting schools is the very last thing we need to do, in fact shutting the country down in part has proven to not be effective as claimed.

This is evidenced when if you examine Wales as an example who's more stringent lockdowns and firebreaks have done nothing to slow covid infections.

The people who need to be immunised are the teachers and support staff, the children themselves for which covid presents a negligible risk are not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I agree and also give the teachers, lecturers and all the students and children the vaccine, why are they dishing it out to the people who can isolate easily? Yes they are a higher risk of dying but we have thousands of people in education who would benefit from it more than people who are potentially going to be dead in a few years from a natural causes anyway.

We went shopping today and we are in tier 4, the town was busy with people wandering about with takeaway coffees and there was even a family sitting on a bench having a picnic, what part of ''stay at home'' do these people not understand?

Lock the country down with the army doing roadblocks checking people are not doing unnecessary journeys, anybody caught should be issued with a £500 fine or there car is clamped and impounded. My guess that would help. 3000 a week dying needs to be stopped and it needs drastic action or it will be 5000 a week. As has been said too many people think the rules dont apply to them.
Oh dear, I see that the constant bombardment of biased reporting and coverage of what is "happening in the wider world" is colouring your point of view.

Yes, stay at home, why were not you shopping alone? are you prepared to accept that by shopping as a couple or as a family exponentially increases your risk of contracting Covid?

I find your suggestion of martial law being applied to the general populous somewhat disturbing, and as to 3000 people dying per week, there are 2500 people die every week of heart attacks

How many of those do you expect, and indeed every inpatient or outpatient attending hospital for whatever reason who are now routinely screened upon admission for Covid then go on to become "Covid deaths" although they may have died of something far more acute?

Covid certainly exists, I know this from a personal perspective, however even as the panic knob is cranked up to 11, there are certainly no signs locally at least, of any discernible level of distress to the NHS.

Why is this I wonder?

Although there is a damned good reason to be cautious and vigilant in how you conduct yourself, there is never a reason to be panicked into acting in the way you suggest.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 07:41   #55
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I'm sorry Richard I'm going to have to disagree with you on this point.

The simple fact of the matter is this, shutting schools is the very last thing we need to do, in fact shutting the country down in part has proven to not be effective as claimed.

This is evidenced when if you examine Wales as an example who's more stringent lockdowns and firebreaks have done nothing to slow covid infections.

The people who need to be immunised are the teachers and support staff, the children themselves for which covid presents a negligible risk are not a problem.

Oh dear, I see that the constant bombardment of biased reporting and coverage of what is "happening in the wider world" is colouring your point of view.

Yes, stay at home, why were not you shopping alone? are you prepared to accept that by shopping as a couple or as a family exponentially increases your risk of contracting Covid?

I find your suggestion of martial law being applied to the general populous somewhat disturbing, and as to 3000 people dying per week, there are 2500 people die every week of heart attacks

How many of those do you expect, and indeed every inpatient or outpatient attending hospital for whatever reason who are now routinely screened upon admission for Covid then go on to become "Covid deaths" although they may have died of something far more acute?

Covid certainly exists, I know this from a personal perspective, however even as the panic knob is cranked up to 11, there are certainly no signs locally at least, of any discernible level of distress to the NHS.

Why is this I wonder?

Although there is a damned good reason to be cautious and vigilant in how you conduct yourself, there is never a reason to be panicked into acting in the way you suggest.

Brian
Locally the news reported hospitals and therefore ambulances are in trouble due to the number of admissions. ambulances unable to off load their casualties.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 08:07   #56
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Locally the news reported hospitals and therefore ambulances are in trouble due to the number of admissions. ambulances unable to off load their casualties.

macafee2
That is certainly not the case in this area Ian.

I often think the infrastructure put in place in Victorian times when industrial disease and injury were the norm makes a difference.

By this not the methods used, but the sheer density of hospitals per capita.

My wife is in charge of a ward converted to the care of Covid positive patients, and as such one might expect that to mean a greater amount of admissions of the target patient type.

This simply isn't true, and other specific wards created in anticipation of an influx of Covid patients are not running anywhere near the levels they were created for.

If there is sufficient demand upon service across the country for seriously ill Covid patients, I wonder why the mothballed Nightingale hospitals created for the express purpose of treating these patients are not now up and running, thus keeping Covid patients in total isolation from other patients?

It does make you wonder though, if you were running a bus service where every single bus were jam packed and you were leaving customers at the bus stop, why the shiny new buses that you had bought and paid for, waiting in the depot were not being used to alleviate the logjam.

I think we need to question why this is not the case?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 11:54   #57
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
That is certainly not the case in this area Ian.

I often think the infrastructure put in place in Victorian times when industrial disease and injury were the norm makes a difference.

By this not the methods used, but the sheer density of hospitals per capita.

My wife is in charge of a ward converted to the care of Covid positive patients, and as such one might expect that to mean a greater amount of admissions of the target patient type.

This simply isn't true, and other specific wards created in anticipation of an influx of Covid patients are not running anywhere near the levels they were created for.

If there is sufficient demand upon service across the country for seriously ill Covid patients, I wonder why the mothballed Nightingale hospitals created for the express purpose of treating these patients are not now up and running, thus keeping Covid patients in total isolation from other patients?

It does make you wonder though, if you were running a bus service where every single bus were jam packed and you were leaving customers at the bus stop, why the shiny new buses that you had bought and paid for, waiting in the depot were not being used to alleviate the logjam.

I think we need to question why this is not the case?

Brian
I think its because they don't have the staff to cover them. I agree with you that teachers and school support staff need immunising, as you know Fiona works in a school and although hands have to be sanitized when exiting and entering a classroom, masks are only worn in corridors. This is a pointless exercise as in corridors you can pass someone back to back and keep your distance, you are near to someone for seconds as you pass whereas in the classroom you are up close to the children for longer periods of time.
Primary age kids are not hygienic , they haven't got the sense to cough in to their hand or sleeves are more likely to be carriers.
Old 30th December 2020, 17:32   #58
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

"It does make you wonder though, if you were running a bus service where every single bus were jam packed and you were leaving customers at the bus stop, why the shiny new buses that you had bought and paid for, waiting in the depot were not being used to alleviate the logjam.

I think we need to question why this is not the case?"

Not much point having a load of shiny new buses without having more drivers and mechanics to keep them on the road ...
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 18:02   #59
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

Lock the country down with the army doing roadblocks checking people are not doing unnecessary journeys, anybody caught should be issued with a £500 fine or their car is clamped and impounded. My guess that would help. 3000 a week dying needs to be stopped and it needs drastic action or it will be 5000 a week. As has been said too many people think the rules dont apply to them.
WOW. A fair amount to disagree with here.

1/ As MB said. Quote ---WE went shopping. Do you need to hold some ones hand to do your shopping ???

2/ Old folk like their lives just a much as young folk. Just wait until you are old and see if you would agree willingly to be put down.--

3/ Again as MB said.---See how many deaths there are from other causes.--Seems like you might like to invoke the military for all of those as well from the tone of your post.--

Anyway. Happy new year.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2020, 19:45   #60
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
WOW. A fair amount to disagree with here.

1/ As MB said. Quote ---WE went shopping. Do you need to hold some ones hand to do your shopping ???

2/ Old folk like their lives just a much as young folk. Just wait until you are old and see if you would agree willingly to be put down.--

3/ Again as MB said.---See how many deaths there are from other causes.--Seems like you might like to invoke the military for all of those as well from the tone of your post.--

Anyway. Happy new year.
If you must know I drove as she has hurt her knee and sat in the car in the car park while she shopped.

Yes they do but teachers and first line staff are being told to go in with no more protection than a bit of PPE but the elderly can stay at home and wait there turn.

Yes there are thousands of deaths each week but most are not avoidable, getting Covid increases you chances of dying.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote