Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2021, 10:15   #641
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
We have allowed this thread to continue, however if the playground antics continue it will get closed. There are experts and ‘experts’ in all walks of life.
Facts that you can believe and facts you can ignore.

We have members who work in the NHS and private care plus those that work in the care industry.

At the end of the day we are a car club.
We are a car club, made up of members of the population. Some on here are expert in their field though that may not relate to cars, yet their knowledge is invaluable. We can all have our opinion on our bit of knowledge, yet it is a shame when things become heated over a different viewpoint, on a subject that affects us all, and for some may lead to tragic situations. My knowledge is limited but I do know "Be Wary - The Virus Is Still There" .
Old 5th January 2021, 10:25   #642
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
We are a car club, made up of members of the population. Some on here are expert in their field though that may not relate to cars, yet their knowledge is invaluable. We can all have our opinion on our bit of knowledge, yet it is a shame when things become heated over a different viewpoint, on a subject that affects us all, and for some may lead to tragic situations. My knowledge is limited but I do know "Be Wary - The Virus Is Still There" .
Thanks for that Fred, one of the reasons I reemerged from lurking in the shadows was the very fact I miss the social aspect of interacting with others.

As you point out this is something that affects each and every one of us either directly or indirectly, and as to the cars, well they are for me very much in the background in terms of their importance.

Yes a car club is made up of it's membership with a common interest, but it shouldn't trump friendships or indeed adversarial relationships formed, otherwise life becomes fairly stale, and pretty quickly

Brian
Old 5th January 2021, 20:20   #643
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

This subject really needs to be taken very seriously.--No back stabbing or trying to score points off another member.

This virus is something that affects ALL of us, men, women and children and trying to get down to the truth of it all should be of concern to each and every one of us.

It truly is a life or death situation and one which will take, prematurely, the lives of many of us before it's over.

Please gentlemen, put aside your petty grievances and let's have a sensible debate about it.--There are bound to be differences of opinion but that doesn't mean we need to war among ourselves.

Remember----Softly, softly catchee monkey.----Lol.
Old 5th January 2021, 21:03   #644
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts

I have just received very sad news concerning this virus. My niece has had a positive test, but more sadly her husband to be has passed away after being admitted to hospital last Friday. On top of this my friend Emma and her husband have both been tested positive. As far as I know they are both still at home.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 5th January 2021, 21:28   #645
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I have just received very sad news concerning this virus. My niece has had a positive test, but more sadly her husband to be has passed away after being admitted to hospital last Friday. On top of this my friend Emma and her husband have both been tested positive. As far as I know they are both still at home.
My thoughts are with you, such a stark reality. Fully respect your earlier post and in the light of this, I will determine from here to use the forum for car issues, there are so many social views expressed on here that cause me distress and upset, in my wide experience of life the overwhelming majority of folk are caring and considerate, but I am sick of reading posts that suggest all NHS admin staff are useless all teachers are selfish and communist, the nasty EU make us transport animals in appalling conditions and because my hospital is coping there isn’t a problem Yada, Yada.....

Best wishes with the bickering, aggressive challenging and social interaction, sorry for any offence taken for any posts that I have made, there will not be any more. I will just be posting and reading car related content.

Last edited by Caulkhead; 5th January 2021 at 21:30.. Reason: Added content
Old 5th January 2021, 22:07   #646
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulkhead View Post
My thoughts are with you, such a stark reality. Fully respect your earlier post and in the light of this, I will determine from here to use the forum for car issues, there are so many social views expressed on here that cause me distress and upset, in my wide experience of life the overwhelming majority of folk are caring and considerate, but I am sick of reading posts that suggest all NHS admin staff are useless all teachers are selfish and communist, the nasty EU make us transport animals in appalling conditions and because my hospital is coping there isn’t a problem Yada, Yada.....

Best wishes with the bickering, aggressive challenging and social interaction, sorry for any offence taken for any posts that I have made, there will not be any more. I will just be posting and reading car related content.
Do you feel better for having got that off your chest Roy?

Come up to the north east, stuff the lockdown we can find a nice quiet pub to have a beer, I bet there will be loads just waiting to let us in through the back door

This isn't aggression it is healthy banter, if there is no difference of opinion then we are dead and buried.

Stick around, and don't worry there will always be someone worse off than yourself, yet more reason to remain cheerful

Do you know what I think? I'd rather be dead and buried than exist in the fashion we are being asked to do at the minute, that way at least you wouldn't need to listen to the hysteria levels being cranked up on a daily basis by the doom mongers.

No disrespect to anyone in particular, but we are all mortal and the reality of life is we are all going to die at some point, and I'll be blowed if I'm going to spend the rest of whatever time I have left wasted watching television and decorating the house while my main highlight of the day is ferrying my wife too and from her workplace.

From a perfectly selfish point of view you understand, anyone is entitled to form any opinion they see fit

Stay safe

Brian
Old 5th January 2021, 22:13   #647
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Covid isn't a fantasy, or a conspiracy, or media hype. The NHS is embarking on a monumental vaccination programme, and it's not for the sake of an easy life.

When your invitation comes gets immunised.
Old 5th January 2021, 22:35   #648
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Covid isn't a fantasy, or a conspiracy, or media hype. The NHS is embarking on a monumental vaccination programme, and it's not for the sake of an easy life.

When your invitation comes gets immunised.

According to the latest news there are one million cases in the country as we speak.
You have to ask the question will the vaccine rollout be quick enough to be effective, or will herd immunity be first past the post?

Grim thought isn't it
Old 5th January 2021, 22:35   #649
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

I won't be surprised if very soon a ruling is put in place by the travel companies that you will be unable to book a holiday overseas unless you can show proof of vaccination.
Old 5th January 2021, 22:43   #650
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I won't be surprised if very soon a ruling is put in place by the travel companies that you will be unable to book a holiday overseas unless you can show proof of vaccination.

And that's the thin edge of the wedge Ian, I wonder what other activities will be curtailed if you've not been inoculated ?
Closed Thread