Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2012, 17:21   #21
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

[QUOTE=Rupert;991340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post

Alas no, Frank, there would have to be a really good 'other' reason to travel to either of these! My dear wife indulges my ZT passion/obsession, but when it's just boys and their toys standing around comparing notes she'd need to be on valium to derive any enjoyment! I'm hoping the South Midlands might come up with something of interest a little later in the year.

The 69 club does have a certain ring to it, yeah? Reminiscent of the old bikers' 59 club!
Hi Rupert
If you ever come along to one of my meets you will find that boys with their toys is NOT what I do..OK I'm lucky in the fact that my wife is as big a petrol head as I am but we are both fully aware of there being life after the MG/Rover Group,yes the cars are the reason that we get together and of course we all like to have a look at them (otherwise why are we in the club) but as for standing around looking at engines does anyone do that anymore? not at my meets they dont..At the Portland meet on May 13th there is a prize draw (you don't have to supply your own prizes for this one!!) a 1 hour boat trip and some family entertainment to keep us amused over lunch so valium should'nt be required as I hope the many wives and families that came along to last years meet can confirm..
Hope to see you at a meet some day..
Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 30th April 2012 at 17:25..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 18:27   #22
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

[QUOTE=Redfive;991363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post

Hi Rupert
If you ever come along to one of my meets you will find that boys with their toys is NOT what I do..OK I'm lucky in the fact that my wife is as big a petrol head as I am but we are both fully aware of there being life after the MG/Rover Group,yes the cars are the reason that we get together and of course we all like to have a look at them (otherwise why are we in the club) but as for standing around looking at engines does anyone do that anymore? not at my meets they dont..At the Portland meet on May 13th there is a prize draw (you don't have to supply your own prizes for this one!!) a 1 hour boat trip and some family entertainment to keep us amused over lunch so valium should'nt be required as I hope the many wives and families that came along to last years meet can confirm..
Hope to see you at a meet some day..
Cheers Ian
Thanks for this Ian ... as you say, who knows, we may indeed meet up one day - I'll make a note of this thread and keep my eyes peeled.

Happy motoring!

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 08:30   #23
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Change of Plan

Today Mrs Incensed tells me she'd rather continue on to Portland from Wolverhampton in the mid afternoon of Saturday.. Just as well the accommodation I wanted in the Midlands for Saturday night had gone by the time I tried to book it last night.
I'll get on laterooms.com again tonight and make sure I get something before there's another change of plan.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote