Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2022, 06:36   #167171
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Not sure what that yellow orb is in the sky. But it is welcome after yesterday’s weather.

Banana done well yesterday in her 190 mile round trip. Never missed a beat.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 07:38   #167172
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Cold & wet out there but we have some sunshine for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
You have my sympathy Ian. I had a twinge of sciatica the other morning but, thankfully, it cleared of its own accord after a couple of hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Sciatica is a real blight, the bitter bottom when it plays up. Is there anything Ian which gives you relief?

Sorry you are having to go through this……

I do like the soup, perfect for a cold day. Tonight we will have chicken and vegetable soup for supper.

Yesterday I walked a mile and this morning I had a Pneumonia vaccination then walked another mile, but now resting up and have gone to bed to watch TV / look at the internet.

It's absolute torture I cant even get out of a chair or take a stride to walk as the pain is horrendous, I'm shuffling about so as not to aggravate it.
It stated about three weeks ago when I stretched to get Mams wheelchair out of the car when I took her for an hospital appointment, It wasn't too bad up until the other day.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 07:58   #167173
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It started about three weeks ago when I stretched to get Mams wheelchair out of the car when I took her for an hospital appointment, It wasn't too bad up until the other day.
Yeah, its incredibly easy to do. With me all I did was bend down to pick something up while gardening, felt a crunch at the base of my back, thought that's not going to be good. Couple of days later the pain was eyewatering, all I could manage was to shuffle through to the kitchen to make a coffee, getting upstairs to the loo to get rid of it was a major undertaking. Even GP prescribed tramadol had a limited effect, only way I could get relief was by lying on my side on the floor. I've had a couple of flare ups since but nowhere near as bad as the original.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 08:08   #167174
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Dad . . . . Dad . . . . DAD! Can I have a biscuit Dad?

Aw! What a sweetie.

Old 9th November 2022, 08:11   #167175
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Morning.

Yeah, its incredibly easy to do. With me all I did was bend down to pick something up while gardening, felt a crunch at the base of my back, thought that's not going to be good. Couple of days later the pain was eyewatering, all I could manage was to shuffle through to the kitchen to make a coffee, getting upstairs to the loo to get rid of it was a major undertaking. Even GP prescribed tramadol had a limited effect, only way I could get relief was by lying on my side on the floor. I've had a couple of flare ups since but nowhere near as bad as the original.

Yeah same here, It's in my lower back, right buttock, thigh & calf, I'm trying hard not to sneeze or cough

Old 9th November 2022, 08:18   #167176
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Thankfully we got a delivery of sunflower seeds for the birds yesterday. Took longer than usual so for a couple of days we had none. Often get a bird on the window ledge tapping on the window if the feeders are empty, this time they were sending delegations, several of them lined up tapping on the window

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 08:24   #167177
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Morning all. The last time my lower back was out, I went to a physio, who diagnosed "reps bum"! He said that reps carried their wallets, full of business and credit cards in their right rear trouser pocket. Add to that, a lot of driving, sat on said lump, putting pressure on sciatic nerve and hey presto, "Reps Bum"! Wallet moved to front left trouser pocket and no problems since (not that there's much in my wallet nowadays!).

A bit windy and overcast here today. Keep smiling!
Old 9th November 2022, 09:44   #167178
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yeah same here, It's in my lower back, right buttock, thigh & calf, I'm trying hard not to sneeze or cough

Good morning all,

Ian, I am sorry to see you going through this pain, this is not what you need.

The pain often starts as a result of the back going into a painful muscle spasm. It’s the body’s defensive response to strain or injury.

I spent 2 weeks in hospital after falling through a ceiling. L3 and L4 was damaged, the treatment was non surgical but it involved traction, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy in a hot pool, lumbar support and long term physio taught me how to deal with flare ups.

I was taught Pilate exercises, how to use hot/cold packs, the NHS gave me spinal lumbar belt to wear, a tens machine to deaden the nerves and if it’s really bad, I see a chiropractor/physiotherapist to get myself going again. The NHS taught me how to live with it. Ultimately it cost me my job as I was given medical retirement from the NHS. Fortunately I had 35 years in and am on a good pension, so I count my blessings. They say there is someone worse off. Does that help, I don’t know….

Thankfully my back is okay at the moment. Just getting ready to go out walking.

Do take care
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 12:08   #167179
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Afternoon all, tbe sun has made an appearance here in Torquay, I am on 6-2 shift this week and the 04.00 alarm is very unpleasant.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 9th November 2022, 13:02   #167180
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all,

Ian, I am sorry to see you going through this pain, this is not what you need.

The pain often starts as a result of the back going into a painful muscle spasm. It’s the body’s defensive response to strain or injury.

I spent 2 weeks in hospital after falling through a ceiling. L3 and L4 was damaged, the treatment was non surgical but it involved traction, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy in a hot pool, lumbar support and long term physio taught me how to deal with flare ups.

I was taught Pilate exercises, how to use hot/cold packs, the NHS gave me spinal lumbar belt to wear, a tens machine to deaden the nerves and if it’s really bad, I see a chiropractor/physiotherapist to get myself going again. The NHS taught me how to live with it. Ultimately it cost me my job as I was given medical retirement from the NHS. Fortunately I had 35 years in and am on a good pension, so I count my blessings. They say there is someone worse off. Does that help, I don’t know….

Thankfully my back is okay at the moment. Just getting ready to go out walking.

Do take care

Afternoon Phil, I was given a pamphlet on exercises to do with sciatica, It's like a catch 22 though as they hurt like heck doing them, I do some lying on my back in bed before I get up in the morning with a grimace on my face.

It's a good job I'm not doing the radio therapy treatment at the moment as I couldn't lie perfectly still for that if I tried, The painful spasms have me jumping out of my chair at times.

I got a new support belt last week which is helping me sit in the chair & get up again without a lot of pain. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224934191...r=523807546990

Dropping something on the floor is a nightmare because I cant bend to pick it up so I'm using one of those litter pickers to retrieve things

I've got the slow cooker on with Chicken Provencal for tea tonight.