Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th February 2019, 13:38   #1
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Default Key cases

I have two key fobs

Both work but my problems with each are that

1) The key blade on one is loose and keeps coming out ( I must confess to causing this by rather stupidly trying to prise something off with the blade which, predicable to any sensible person, resulted in the blade conming out initially)

Although the blade and it's plastic bit pushed back in OK it has been getting looser and looser and now sometimes detaches in the ignition lock when removing the key and I'm also of course afraid of it detaching at other times and getting lost.

So my question on this one is how do you keep the blade insert in the fob, I've seen vidoes on youtube which show them just being pushed in which clearly isn't any good in my case as the plastic top keeps coming loose and out.

So what exactly can I do to keep the blade in the case securely? Is there a suitable glue or something that helps or any other solution.

2) My other key works but has the dreaded button cover disintegration I can see loads of replacement fobs on Ebay etc but does anyone have a link to the best quality ones rather than the generic cheap chinese ones before I order.

Thanks very much for your anticipated advice

Last edited by bendrick; 13th February 2019 at 11:14..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote