Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th January 2018, 12:04   #101
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Can’t help but think that even after all these years, and the numerous complaints from members, that Traders seem to be afforded a certain level of protection.
Deleting posts as above is one example.
When I was struggling to get items sent out while my daughter was in hospital, there was a witch hunt and a lot of bad mouthing from people who knew nothing.

Pay a Trader subscription however and it would appear that you are allowed to continue trading and taking peoples money in good faith without actually having the goods in stock to start with...im sure that practice in itself is in contravention to the UK Sale Of Goods Act.

Hey ho...
Yeah you are correct, as long as the money keeps rolling in when they pay their trader fees they seem to get away with what they want. Well, I only really know of 1 trader that has had many many bad comments

Radioguy should be contacted by the site owner and made to answer for what has been going on, this should be allowed to continue.
Jamiewelch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 13:07   #102
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
Well TBH, these issues were on the go in 2012 when I joined the club, they have in the past year or more increased considerably and the last couple of months they are out of hand.
I have made it clear on other threads what I feel about the lack of comms, quality of the units and total lack of service info and spare parts. I am not on a witch hunt but as my job, qualifications and business was purely involved with this type of work for nearly 40 years and is still my hobby, also at one time an owner of a DD unit. So please mods this has to be addressed, not in a week or a month but now. Navall and all the ad's have to be pulled, you cannot condone poor comms, service, taking monies without goods etc, it is not helping the club at all and it will pull its reputation down.
Taking posts off is also making people think it's one sided all for the rogue trader. So please listen to the members and remember no members no club!!
Well said Trev, This has nothing to do with a witch hunt, its all about knowing right from wrong. Members should not have to support these types of failings from a certain individual, this type of behaviour does effect everyone e.g the club and all its members.

Each one of us will have his/her occupation where their profession will often filter though into threads/discussion, these situations have been used many times before to give help and advice to others.

These recent threads should be no different, they certainly don't effect just one person, they effect the club and its surroundings, its inevitable. The continued failings of that one person will effect everyone, its wrong to hide/stop or try and control the situation just for the benefit of one certain individual.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 21:45   #103
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
Mark, to be fair, this is a poor stance from the management. You guys should be all over this long term problem. Nothing is being done because you have not been asked? .

This is gone way beyond individual cases. THIS IS NOW A CLUB PROBLEM. Club members need protection against poor traders and it looks like management are supporting traders in favour of members as management are noticeably quite on this whole subject.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of members here.;I'm asking the management to make a statement on what they are doing about repeated poor service from Radioguy.
Firstly Glenn, I’m a moderator not management. My role is it try and make sure rules are adhered to that are made by the management. I do have the option to mediate between a seller and buyer if there’s a problem I’m aware of or a member asks me too but we do look for bigger issues and this is one of them. I totally agree that there is an issue here and it has been spoken about over the past few days behind the scenes. Paul has been talking to Sean with a view to sorting this, it’s not being ignored just because the conversation hasn’t been made public and it certainly doesn’t mean nothing is being done.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 16th January 2018 at 21:51..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 09:19   #104
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Firstly Glenn, I’m a moderator not management. My role is it try and make sure rules are adhered to that are made by the management. I do have the option to mediate between a seller and buyer if there’s a problem I’m aware of or a member asks me too but we do look for bigger issues and this is one of them. I totally agree that there is an issue here and it has been spoken about over the past few days behind the scenes. Paul has been talking to Sean with a view to sorting this, it’s not being ignored just because the conversation hasn’t been made public and it certainly doesn’t mean nothing is being done.
This is the big problem. We, the customer, are not updated with what is happening. I feel the club brushes these things under the carpet, if you let us know what you are doing behind the scenes then it helps people understand that you are doing something. Same goes for radioguy. He takes to long to reply, and never keeps the customer updated. I have had to chase him up, and and told different things all the time. Left feeling very unimpressed with the whole situation.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 09:31   #105
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Mark. To the members, its the same, moderators and management "appear" to be doing nothing. Its already been highlighted that members since 2012 remember issues with the trader. Here we are in 2018 going over the same problem.

Ill not be purchasing anything else for the trader, party due to his service to others and partly because the club support him and keep the members in the dark. So contact has been made with the trader. At what point will the members be advised of the outcome?
Old 17th January 2018, 09:44   #106
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

When we have something to report.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 10:00   #107
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Why not now? Why not let folk know what is going on? The whole point to me in dealing with traders on here is that you feel safe, that you are not going to be left high and dry. Which is what i feel has happened to me.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 10:11   #108
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
Why not now? Why not let folk know what is going on? The whole point to me in dealing with traders on here is that you feel safe, that you are not going to be left high and dry. Which is what i feel has happened to me.
So the points you raise are valid, however Reebs has told you what is going on. Someone is talking to Sean and once they have a response they'll let everyone know.

Not sure they can do much more other than giving a blow by blow account which frankly wouldn't really be fair.

So let's wait and see...
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 10:18   #109
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

There have been some issue with time scales for a while Glenn and they usually get sorted. In my opinion there are two options as I see it ( at the moment ). The first is to try and sort this out with the best outcome for the members out of pocket awaiting parts or help. The second is to just remove the trader as a trader. If we took this route would the trader leave and leave people out of pocket before sorting out the issues? Hopefully not but who knows. The club took the first option with a view to resolving the issue. As posted previously Paul is trying to sort this behind the scenes and has been for a few days. As you can imagine it’s not a five minute fix but it is trying to be resolved. I don’t know what else I can say until there are more answers, which there aren’t at this point.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 17th January 2018 at 11:04..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 11:53   #110
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
There have been some issue with time scales for a while Glenn and they usually get sorted. In my opinion there are two options as I see it ( at the moment ). The first is to try and sort this out with the best outcome for the members out of pocket awaiting parts or help. The second is to just remove the trader as a trader. If we took this route would the trader leave and leave people out of pocket before sorting out the issues? Hopefully not but who knows. The club took the first option with a view to resolving the issue. As posted previously Paul is trying to sort this behind the scenes and has been for a few days. As you can imagine it’s not a five minute fix but it is trying to be resolved. I don’t know what else I can say until there are more answers, which there aren’t at this point.
I have read all of these posts and others regarding Radioguy, I have no axe to grind as I have not purchased anything from him. I can understand a trader offering goods for sale before he actually obtains them as long as there is an excellent chance of the trader obtaining the goods for the customer, however, looking at the bigger picture the delays running into months waiting for goods after payment is unacceptable, no doubt Radioguy trades across many forums all over the globe and if it were all gathered together I would guess there are a huge number of people most unhappy. He clearly cannot fulfill the orders.

Although he is a trader on here and pays the dues, the club cannot guarantee any member will be out of pocket whether or not he is a trader, all the club can do is bar him from trading on here and advise members to either open a PayPal dispute or speak with their card issuers, to wait months for something you have paid for is bordering on ridiculous and for the trader to keep offering excuses to avoid returning any money is just very bad practice.

As I have said I do not have an axe to grind but there are so many negative threads about Radioguy that this just seems to go on and on with no intervention from the club itself, although the club relies on trader subscriptions the club also relies on members and their subscriptions, the members are the larger part of the club and I feel that the members should be listened to above all.

There may be things going on in the background but this doesn't help anyone, the club can only threaten Radioguy with a trader ban but I honestly do not think this will affect him or give any sway to the clubs concern for it's members, look at how many car and ICE forums there are across the globe.

I know there are members happy with Radioguys products but a lot of them are now posting with faults on the equipment and there is no aftercare to speak of.

jubbarelly is a trader also dealing with ICE, I do not know him but reading about him and his products he can offer the backup and is in this country, I have not purchased anything from him either but if I was in the market for this equipment I know where I would be buying, I only mention this trader because I cannot find any negative threads about him.

Maybe open a poll to the members on Radioguys continued trader status on this club and promise to abide by the result.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote