Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2019, 12:30   #101
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

What about medicinal marijuana medication Wes?

Over Christmas I was chatting to one of our visitors, who had been on heavy duty pain killers following a spinal procedure last summer. The tablets had turned him into a Zombie. Then he was sent to a clinic for 2 weeks in Kenya and started on Medicinal Cannabis. What a transformation, his life turned round and he was able to come off the painkillers, he went back to work as a lawyer and was able to drive without any complaints of pain. On top of that he became a much happier person.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 18:50   #102
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What about medicinal marijuana medication Wes?

Over Christmas I was chatting to one of our visitors, who had been on heavy duty pain killers following a spinal procedure last summer. The tablets had turned him into a Zombie. Then he was sent to a clinic for 2 weeks in Kenya and started on Medicinal Cannabis. What a transformation, his life turned round and he was able to come off the painkillers, he went back to work as a lawyer and was able to drive without any complaints of pain. On top of that he became a much happier person.
Lol, I cant see my GP prescribing marijuana medication, is it even available on prescription here in the Uk?

Today I've been up in the loft installing a TV aerial, what a laugh that has been, at one point I thought I was going to be stuck up there forever. The pain in my leg and groin area stop me from coming down the ladder, the pain was too much. I removed my belt from around my waist and the pain eased, I have noticed this a few times now, wearing a belt can often make the pain worst... go figure???

I'm now sat back at my desk and the pain has fired up again, the seating position seems to be where the pain is at its worst, along with walking and bending... I cant win, its hopeless.

I've read on the net testicle pain is very common, but everyone I know has never suffered from this condition, even you guys on here its alien to you all.

Last edited by Dallas; 24th February 2019 at 18:53..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 05:45   #103
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning Wes

Medical cannabis was available from 1 November 2018 NHS for epilepsy, patients suffering from nausea and vomiting as a result of chemotherapy, patients with MS and those suffering with chronic pain. The Cannabis has the harmful THC removed and its trade name is called Nabalone. It has to be prescribed by 2 doctors who must agree with the prescription criteria and who are on a designated list drawn up by the NHS trust they work in. I think it’s early days for the NHS prescribing regulations and they are being over cautious, but what do I know

Clearly Wes, you are in a bad place with your testicles and leg pains. It’s conceivable the leg pains might not be related to what’s going on with your balls.

What is your next step?
Old 25th February 2019, 09:24   #104
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Good morning Wes

Medical cannabis was available from 1 November 2018 NHS for epilepsy, patients suffering from nausea and vomiting as a result of chemotherapy, patients with MS and those suffering with chronic pain. The Cannabis has the harmful THC removed and its trade name is called Nabalone. It has to be prescribed by 2 doctors who must agree with the prescription criteria and who are on a designated list drawn up by the NHS trust they work in. I think it’s early days for the NHS prescribing regulations and they are being over cautious, but what do I know

Clearly Wes, you are in a bad place with your testicles and leg pains. It’s conceivable the leg pains might not be related to what’s going on with your balls.

What is your next step?
Thank you for your input Phil, much appreciated.

When I look back to when all this pain started, I can always associate the leg pain being triggered by the testicle pain. This was about 14 years ago back in 2005, I was a warehouse manager and always on my feet all day. I started this profession seven years previous in 1998, I was fit back then with no complaints.

I would be on my feet all day lifting and shunting heavy boxes, I was also into fitness and weight training regularly. The years flew by and I had no complaints until some years later around 2005, this is when I started to experience a dull heavy aching in my groin area. The aching would often get painful by mid afternoon and the pain would be felt in my right testicle and down my right leg. By the time the evening came and I would be sat down resting after a stressful day, the pain would subside and often completely disappear. This was around the time I went to see my GP, he immediately put the problem down to my job, straining, heavy lifting and being on my feet all day.

The next two years the aching got worst, I would often have pain in the mornings instead of the afternoon, the pain would no longer disappear by the evening, a sign of the condition getting worst I guess. I found sitting down made the pain worst, also certain clothing such as trousers, jeans etc. I went to see my GP again who this time treated it as Epididymistis, a course of antibiotics and off you go type of this. Funnily enough the antibiotics stopped the pain, it was a miracle, but this turned out to be short lived. The pain would soon come back after a few weeks, another course on antibiotics and pain disappeared, but again the pain would come back only weeks later.

2010 GP then sent me for scans, which highlighted some small varicoceles and cysts in both testicles (quite common they say). This then triggered another urology visit which in turn a full examination including one's prostrate, not fun I tell ya! Urology said they could remove part or all of the epididymiss, but considering the small size of the varicoceles and the cysts they would rather not as it could make the condition worst.

The years would roll on by with myself having to live/adjust to this pain condition, trying all sorts of pain medication which basically made me feel worst, so I would just go cold turkey and deal with it. This was until the condition was getting considerably worst, the leg pain was starting to effect my walking. My leg would feel weak and would often give-out on me, so I went and saw my GP again which lead to more scans, this time a scan of my spine was ordered (but none of my leg). The scans came back fine, didn't show anything abnormal and nothing different from the previous scans done years before, so urology said once again we don't want to operate. All the signs point towards a malfunctioning/damaged epididymis and varicoceles, but they say the varicolceles need to be larger than 2mm in size for them to operate, maybe I'm exception to the rule.

It will be interesting to learn what was said at the multidisciplinary meeting, a meeting where all the urology consultants discuss problem cases. I will find out in 8 days time, I hope they have an answer this time which will stop this pain once and for all. They may offer me a epididymectomy, where they remove part or all of the epididymiss along with any cysts, or a Varicocelectomy where they remove the effected veins along with some less important nerves?

... or they continue to do nothing.

Last edited by Dallas; 25th February 2019 at 09:30..
Old 26th February 2019, 22:53   #105
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

On patient info Wes, mens health

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/...disorders-2248

A testicular pain and disorders forum with 569 members. Contributors would be professionals and patients. It is for sufferers seeking support and solutions.

Wes, you can apply to the NHS to read your notes from the multi-disciplinary team meeting, if you are wondering what was discussed. After my bypass, I paid 2 GBP for a copy of my notes from the operating theatre. I was asked if it was for litigation and i said no, I am just curious. There was no problem.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 27th February 2019 at 06:17..
Old 27th February 2019, 07:06   #106
Dallas
This is my second home

doc said I couldn't keep taking the antibiotics for too long. I think 4 weeks was the longest period taking them, and then the pain returned once they were stopped.

Quote:

A testicular pain and disorders forum with 569 members. Contributors would be professionals and patients. It is for sufferers seeking support and solutions.
I'm already a member on there Phil, there are quite a few of us battling from the condition, but no real cures though. Many have had surgery without much success, seems only those that have had the testicle removed have gone on to live a pain free life.

Quote:
Wes, you can apply to the NHS to read your notes from the multi-disciplinary team meeting, if you are wondering what was discussed. After my bypass, I paid 2 GBP for a copy of my notes from the operating theatre. I was asked if it was for litigation and i said no, I am just curious. There was no problem.
I may just do that Phil, I done similar with regards to Trigeminal Neuralgia with the Maxillofacial and Neurology team.

Roll on next week, but something is telling me even if they do offer me surgery, I'm most probably going to chicken-out, this would be due to the many failed success stories that I've read.
Old 27th February 2019, 11:56   #107
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
doc said I couldn't keep taking the antibiotics for too long. I think 4 weeks was the longest period taking them, and then the pain returned once they were stopped.

I'm already a member on there Phil, there are quite a few of us battling from the condition, but no real cures though. Many have had surgery without much success, seems only those that have had the testicle removed have gone on to live a pain free life.

I may just do that Phil, I done similar with regards to Trigeminal Neuralgia with the Maxillofacial and Neurology team.

Roll on next week, but something is telling me even if they do offer me surgery, I'm most probably going to chicken-out, this would be due to the many failed success stories that I've read.
When you see the surgeon Wes, ask about his success rate in treating your condition. Tell him what you have told us about what you read and listen to what he has to say. I have had 6 operations, 4 NHS and 2 private. All were successful with no complications and each one improved the quality of my life. Whatever your decision is going to be, weigh up the pros and cons with the surgeon and don’t be pressured. There is another member here who had his testicle removed for cancer last year. After the op, his biopsy results came back negative for cancer, he had a prosthetic ball fitted. He was very relieved with the outcome, his story had a happy ending and he had peace of mind. All the best with your decision.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 27th February 2019 at 11:58..
Old 27th February 2019, 11:59   #108
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:

Yes, you can get copies of all notes, MRI scans, US scans everything just for the asking.

I was curious and asked for the brain MRI scan photos, I just had to fill a form in that the sent me and a CD was delivered.

I told a friend and he asked for everything, going back decades. It took them a long time to pull it all together, but they obliged. He had lots of issues over the years and it was quite a pile, delivered by a courier. It must have cost the NHS a small fortune

I am just wondering whether to request a copy of my recent US scan photos? The US was to check my kidneys, aorta and prostate. They said my kidneys looked fine, but my prostate was enlarged. So I'm waiting for appointments to investigate my kidneys further, based on my blood results and my prostate for potential cancer

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 14:29   #109
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
I was asked if it was for litigation and i said no, I am just curious. There was no problem.

I do wonder why the form even asks that, your reason for the request shouldn't make any difference to the information they supply, surely?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 18:43   #110
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I do wonder why the form even asks that, your reason for the request shouldn't make any difference to the information they supply, surely?
I was asked verbally. It was a simple question. Where did you get that from? There is nothing in my comment about filling in a form. The 2 pounds was a charge for printing.

Last October, I had a vascular ultrasound scan at the blood flow lab in Northwick Park NHS Hospital in London to check on the bypass and the aneurysms. When I asked for a copy of the report and a copy of the scan on a DVD for travelling, I was told “we don’t do that anymore”. That peed me off. Clearly you have a different experience and it is one which may well differ from one Trust to the other.

How are you?

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 27th February 2019 at 18:59..