Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th January 2019, 18:56   #11
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

ive had two 75s the first one got rear shunted and was a writtn off , so i went out and bought another 75 cdt club se in wedgewood blue 2 with 82 thousand on it and full service history. to be honest i couldnt see myself driving any other car but the 75 with its smooth engine,retro dashboards and very very comfortable its just the car for me . even thou i suffer with a bad back i feel very safe and secure whilst driving it.. you get a lot of car for what you pay rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 19:05   #12
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I very nearly had a ZT years ago, when MGR were still on the go, before the Volvo I mentioned previously. I went to a dealer, liked what I was looking at but when I went to sit in it I got caught out by the low door opening. I smacked the side of my head just above my ear, left the dealer still seeing stars!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 08:30   #13
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

I admired my Neighbour's for years, walking past it on my way home, admiring the wooden dash and old fashioned cream oval dials & leather seats "must get one of those, one day". About 600 days later, I did. Never looked back (apart from when pulling out, or course...)
Old 31st January 2019, 18:55   #14
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

This is my very first Rover and a 75 CDT at that, I'm not going to wax lyrical about it but in one word ..... opulence.
And that sums my 75 up very nicely indeed.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 19:07   #15
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

In the 1990’s I worked for Rover/BMW Operating Strength and Materials Engineering at Gaydon. I did a lot of stuctural test work and ride comfort work on the 75 and always liked it. I felt it was a design that would stand the test of time and it has. I aim to get another one soon and hang on to it as a reminder of those days. So for me, its happy memories.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 20:30   #16
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

[IMG][/IMG]
Here is an extract from a correspondence report.

The 75 range is the product of Rover’s time under BMW and was
the best Rover model to date.
It was created to give owners that special sense of occasion like
the classic Rover models of the 40s and 50s.
The interior, complete with its oval steam engine binnacle dials
that look like they’ve been lifted from one of HG Wells time machines.
Other lovely detail touches also take you back : the chrome plated
door pulls and wing mirrors, the satisfying clunk as the doors shut.
The wood veneered fascia, designed into the cabin. It’s the ambience that matters and ambience is something the Rover 75 has in abundance.
An impressive range of engines on offer too, including a
diesel unit courtesy of BMWs 2 litre Common Rail unit, the same
that is used in BMWs 320d.
The Rover 75 was a British-built car to be proud of. If you want a
car that’s refined, sophisticated and which has more of a presence
and sense of occasion than any of its rivals, take a look at the
Rover 75. There’s not a bad choice across the entire range.
Kev.

Last edited by KLM; 31st January 2019 at 20:36..
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 17:06   #17
RoverLord
Regular poster

Rover 75

This is gold.

I can mostly rely on all posts here.

It is a timeless premium car. I mean you can the test models with gazillions gimmicks. But lord have mercy, when of these gimmicks breaks. Head over to the dealer pay a premium.

I am sure a lot can bought cheaply for the Rover.

It is masterclass.

For me, as a high performer, I love to work and win. So I wanna ride at work and get the special treatment. It is something many don't see. The moment were you won again and head over to your car. pushing the key fob, where the lights dims when you enter the car. The car home, securely, especially now with the cold and snowy times. Something only Rover 75 owners might understand.
RoverLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 18:12   #18
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

A while ago now there was a similar post asking why you loved your 75/ZT and i think my answer then is just as applicable now

Quote:
I've strayed from the path a few times but i've always found you get great levels of equipment on a bit of a shoestring budget and dammit i just have a bit of an addiction with the marque... There i've said it ... i'm an addict.
Sometimes i even manage to go cold turkey for a year or so but there is always one somewhere on the side of the road tempting me to fall off the wagon and normally i just don't have the willpower to say no!!
I don't think i can put a finger on just one thing that i fell in love with the car but if pushed i would have to say that it one of the prettiest saloon cars i can think of, or maybe how its such a nice place to be with the sumptious interior, or maybe the ride especially over long distances.
Maybe, just maybe, its just that everytime i go outside and see it sitting in my drive it puts a smile on my face because its mine

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 18:42   #19
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

As some others on here,what i like about the 75 is when i park it up,it makes me look back at it with a feeling of pride.
There are a few £20,000 cars in my street,but none of them has the same eye pleasing look.
I must add i may be a little biased in my views,i remember in 80s when NZ beat Wales by 50pts,at the end of the game i genuinely thought that on the whole Wales were the better side.
You can't get more biased or patriotic than that.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 19:08   #20
Raspberrycai
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Merc 190E 1.8, '91 Yamaha SR125

To me, it's unique. Nobody my age drives one or has probably even considered one and I get odd looks all the time. Also, I just love the car. I think it's the perfect mix between classic and modern - classic styling, especially the interior, but with brilliant reliability (mine's a diesel), and good MPG. For me, its the perfect car. Still looks modern, timeless, and long journeys are a breeze. I really think it still holds its own with new luxury cars, I've been in a brand new range rover and an E class (which was quite frankly very poor) and they both lacked character, which is something I think the 75 has. The interior is what really makes me appreciate it, as it feels much older than it is in a way, yet still handles like a modern car. Also, seeming as it was rover's last proper car (we'll forget the cityrover) that just makes it that bit more special.

1991 Mercedes 190E 1.8 (Nico) / 1991 Yamaha SR125 (David)
This vehicle (Nigel) was born Wednesday, 15th September 2004 @ 08:14:39 and was the 103,810th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381 - This vehicle was the 3,096th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744 - This vehicle was the 303rd 75 in Platinum Gold (code: MCN) to be made out of 1,685 Platinum Gold 75s
Raspberrycai is offline   Reply With Quote