Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th February 2022, 12:55   #1
GavMcAllister

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Another Highline Screen Not Working Post

Hi Everyone,

I've seen that there have been a lot of posts about this in the past - the display doesn't seem to work on our Highline screen.

The screen does seem to be backlit and both the radio and CD changer are working fine; we have audio.

From reading other posts similar to this, I am suspecting the TV Unit in the spare wheel-well might be to blame? The Sat-Nav unit shows a red light for a while and inserts and ejects the disc OK, so I assume this is working. We also have a Sony DVD Changer below the sat-nav unit that merrily swaps discs around from the sound of it, although the (ceiling mounted) screen for this also doesn't work (I suspect this might be a whole different issue and not related so am ignoring that right now).

I just wanted to ask - should there be any sign of activity from the TV Unit at all? I've disconnected and reconnected the plugs, but I can't tell if there is any life in it - should you be able to hear a fan or anything when turning on?

I'm not too fussed about TV (no signal anyway), but it would be nice if the screen worked for operating the radio etc.

I'm thinking of buying an ebay replacement TV unit and throwing it in on the off-chance, but thought I would ask if there's any way to confirm the existing unit is dead first?

Many thanks, and best regards,
Gavin.
GavMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2022, 14:36   #2
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I had the same prob in my missus new zt, the screen would come on and go off after a few seconds, luckily I had a spare unit which I swapped over and it sprung back into life, if it works the fan on the unit will come on.

You could try spraying the plugs with contact cleaner, it could be that simple a fix, if no luck take the unit apart and look at the board, a spray over with some electrical cleaner may work, if not theres some on ebay.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2022, 21:27   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

The radio tuner multiplug is very vulnerable to the water that often accumulates in the wheel well *see numerous posts 'water in the boot'
For a start, remove/inspect/clean the tuner socket and likewise the multiplug. Add a bit of contact grease to every pin and re-assemble; switch on and you might be lucky, hey presto a working screen. If not it's likely the tuner is goosed with corrosion - anything in the region of the lower end will have been flooded at some time or other. Look for a used Rover tuner replacement or better still try to source a BMW BM24 or BM54 tuner, both superior radio quality plus plug/play......and find the water leaks, they are a real bug..r!

Last edited by rab60bit; 21st February 2022 at 18:35..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote