Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th September 2016, 19:04   #11
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Hi mate

nice one getting them fitted so quick!

Ah yeah I found getting the spade connector into the back of the fuse box and the fuse to go into them via the front so fiddly, pretty much due to not being able to move the fuse box out much for better access.

Good to hear the piggyback fuse holders are good for 30a, cheers for finding out about that. Much much easier to do it that way

And to answer your question, yes the drivers and passengers seat will both be permanent live using my set up as the power feed is taken from the fuse box behind the glove box. This won't drain any power as the motors dont use power unless the seats are being moved, but comes in handy when cleaning around the car when you don't have the key turned in the ignition The heated seats however turn off as soon as the key is taken out of the ignition, so they wont drain your battery

If you want the power to be ignition live, I guess it would just be a matter of taking power from two empty slots on the ignition in the steering column, I believe pins 3, 7 and 10 are empty
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 19:12   #12
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Hi mate

nice one getting them fitted so quick!

Ah yeah I found getting the spade connector into the back of the fuse box and the fuse to go into them via the front so fiddly, pretty much due to not being able to move the fuse box out much for better access.

Good to hear the piggyback fuse holders are good for 30a, cheers for finding out about that. Much much easier to do it that way

And to answer your question, yes the drivers and passengers seat will both be permanent live using my set up as the power feed is taken from the fuse box behind the glove box. This won't drain any power as the motors dont use power unless the seats are being moved, but comes in handy when cleaning around the car when you don't have the key turned in the ignition The heated seats however turn off as soon as the key is taken out of the ignition, so they wont drain your battery

If you want the power to be ignition live, I guess it would just be a matter of taking power from two empty slots on the ignition in the steering column, I believe pins 3, 7 and 10 are empty
Thanks for confirming that they are supposed to be live, I am going to leave them that way because as you say it's good to be able to move them for cleaning etc.

I will go back to using spades though, piggybacking works well enough and is hidden by the cover but having the wires at the front just doesn't look good enough lol

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 20:30   #13
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

If you don't hook the K-BUS wire up on the drivers memory seat you will find you have to hold the seat position buttons for it to work, and there won't be a 'bong' from the IPK when the buttons are pressed. This is because the seat uses this to talk to the car and to determine whether the car is moving or not, as the memory is not supposed to function when the car is moving. That's why you have to hold it.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 20:35   #14
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
If you don't hook the K-BUS wire up on the drivers memory seat you will find you have to hold the seat position buttons for it to work, and there won't be a 'bong' from the IPK when the buttons are pressed. This is because the seat uses this to talk to the car and to determine whether the car is moving or not, as the memory is not supposed to function when the car is moving. That's why you have to hold it.
I didn't bother tapping into the K-Bus in the end as I'm not too bothered about the remote/tap the button to recall a preset. Nice functionality to have but at the moment it's not necessary for my use mate.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
Old 15th September 2016, 20:37   #15
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
I didn't bother tapping into the K-Bus in the end as I'm not too bothered about the remote/tap the button to recall a preset. Nice functionality to have but at the moment it's not necessary for my use mate.
All it is is 1 extra wire . Can tap into the K-BUS by the fusebox as well, you just have to strip the insulation and solder onto it
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 20:43   #16
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
All it is is 1 extra wire . Can tap into the K-BUS by the fusebox as well, you just have to strip the insulation and solder onto it
I thought the wire had to come from the drivers seat? Isn't there a closer K-Bus to tap into? I have the wire as part of my loom I just decided not to use it as it wasn't necessary lol

Lee.

Old 16th September 2016, 19:12   #17
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
I thought the wire had to come from the drivers seat? Isn't there a closer K-Bus to tap into? I have the wire as part of my loom I just decided not to use it as it wasn't necessary lol
Yep the K-bus wire comes from pin 6 of the driver's side plug
Old 16th September 2016, 19:36   #18
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Yep the K-bus wire comes from pin 6 of the driver's side plug
I think he meant that the wire from pin 6 in the drivers seat plug taps into a wire by the fuse box....must be a closer one than that instead of having to route a wire across from the drivers seat lol

Lee.

Old 19th September 2016, 22:09   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
I think he meant that the wire from pin 6 in the drivers seat plug taps into a wire by the fuse box....must be a closer one than that instead of having to route a wire across from the drivers seat lol
I think there is one within the wiring behind the LSM.
Old 20th September 2016, 11:52   #20
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
I think there is one within the wiring behind the LSM.
I think so too mate, I'll pop it out and check. If I can tap into there I might as well.

Lee.