Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd March 2022, 02:19   #21
emgee48

MG ZT, MGB, MGYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwarzt View Post
Hi,

Do you by any chance have a picture with the connectrors fitted? They said I need another connector but havent supplied. My unit arrived yesterday and looks pretty good.

regards
Rich
A previous owner had butchered my ISO connectors when fitting a single din pioneer unit.
When I got the Erisin with the loom to plug into the 17 pin square BMW plug I was initially going to try and find an adapter loom to the iso connectors and repair them.
However if you trace the loom down behind the ashtray you will find that the iso loom plugs into another bmw square 17 pin plug. Disconnected the iso loom and I was able to lift the existing square plug up high enough to plug in the supplied head unit loom.
Good luck with the install.
emgee48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2022, 10:58   #22
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI 170BHP, PUG CC 180 Sport

okay great stuff, i'll check. Very helpful.
Hogwarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2022, 13:55   #23
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Well... I started fitting the unit today and ran into a problem. The ISO loom won't fit the ISO connectors from the 75. I have checked to see if I have the 17 pin connector (which is supposed to be behind the ashtray but even after I removed the ashtray I could not find it. Maybe because I have an MK2? Some pictures to clearify (note I had a WinCE unit installed).

Contacted seller (Erisin) to ask for a solution. Would rather not have to slaughter the loom to have the connectors fitted.

To be continued!

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer

Last edited by Sjonnie; 5th March 2022 at 17:00.. Reason: Additional info
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2022, 16:52   #24
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

OK, I am inpatient by nature and decided not to wait for a reply from seller and butchered the BMW loom to connect the unit to the ISO connectors. I bought myself a set of generic ISO female connectors and started hacking away. Created the loom, tested the unit and after confirming the unit did what it had to do fitted the unit.

Some pictures of my work in progress:

The unit is working properly. SWC is working, Reverse camera is operating as expected, I have radio (analogue), WiFi and phone reception is good.

I have not been successful in getting sound from the DAB+ receiver. I "think" I have the antenna grounded as per instruction and have connected it to the USB connector. It does find stations but it does not give me sound. I guess that's where my Sunday is going to be spent on

Also the OBDII device cannot be connected to the unit although I bought a compatible dongle from Erisin. Will experiment with the two dongles I have lying around to see if they do connect.

General observations: the unit responds fast to commands, the sound is more than decent with the standard speakers in my Connie and GPS seems to be fast in acquiring satellites.

So all in all: happy camper!

EDIT: Another little job for Sunday is to try and get the Agama app installed and working. I really love that app and should make it possible to get an oak background with which it integrates even better in the car

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023

Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:

Last edited by Sjonnie; 5th March 2022 at 17:06..
Old 7th March 2022, 17:59   #25
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

DAB+ is working although the quality of reception leaves to be desired. I will try to source a better antenna to see if that helps.

I used one of my "obsolete" OBDII adapters in the car and that one is found by the unit (so don't buy the one from Erisin). Torque (supplied on the unit) is connecting to the adapter and shows info of the car. Will have to investigate further.

I haven't told you the unit is also equipped with a less than legal version of iGO Next. Maps are already present (at least for my country) and having iGo is a big plus for this radio. I had already been thinking of installing Sygic or Waze but that's not necessary.

I have Agama installed and it works like it should. Looked at Car Launcher Pro but that's to "flashy" for me (and the Rover )

Still happy with the unit Let's see how it holds up!

Sjonnie

Quote:
Old 9th March 2022, 17:16   #26
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

For those interested: to get into the factory settings of the 8788 you can use password 126

Sjonnie

Quote:
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:21   #27
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI 170BHP, PUG CC 180 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
DAB+ is working although the quality of reception leaves to be desired. I will try to source a better antenna to see if that helps.

I used one of my "obsolete" OBDII adapters in the car and that one is found by the unit (so don't buy the one from Erisin). Torque (supplied on the unit) is connecting to the adapter and shows info of the car. Will have to investigate further.

I haven't told you the unit is also equipped with a less than legal version of iGO Next. Maps are already present (at least for my country) and having iGo is a big plus for this radio. I had already been thinking of installing Sygic or Waze but that's not necessary.

I have Agama installed and it works like it should. Looked at Car Launcher Pro but that's to "flashy" for me (and the Rover )

Still happy with the unit Let's see how it holds up!

I found the same. The reception was better when the anntenna wasnt stuck to the wind screen.
Hogwarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:54   #28
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwarzt View Post
I found the same. The reception was better when the anntenna wasnt stuck to the wind screen.

I ordered a new antenna which is supposedly better. If not I will stick to FM radio which will not be fased out in The Netherlands until 2030. We'll see what happens when the time comes

I have been using the unit on a daily basis now for over a week and still not disappointed. The sound quality is much better than the WinCE unit and operating the unit using Agama is ... well... simply put... fun

This is what I am looking at when the unit is in action:

Sjonnie

Quote:
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:08   #29
Arie-MG
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
I ordered a new antenna which is supposedly better. If not I will stick to FM radio which will not be fased out in The Netherlands until 2030. We'll see what happens when the time comes

I have been using the unit on a daily basis now for over a week and still not disappointed. The sound quality is much better than the WinCE unit and operating the unit using Agama is ... well... simply put... fun

This is what I am looking at when the unit is in action:

Intresting to read guys, I have been thinking about this but had no clue where to go to as there is so much offered online.
Mine is a 2003 ztt.
How do I save this thread so I can find when starting this project?
Arie-MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:41   #30
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

You could send me a p.m. when your ready to install. I will send you the info then.

Sjonnie

Quote: