Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th May 2022, 18:23   #1
davel22
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer press car and 1999 saloon

Default One job lead to another and another etc

Have not posted for along while after somebody smashed up my tourer and its been laid up for 4 years a waiting to finish repairs I brought and early low mileage 75 saloon and it been a great car no work done until someone smashed the drivers door mirror in ,So now the jobs begin .ok knew I had 2 sets of mirrors in my stash of parts ,one chrome set like the ones on the car and another power fold set in a wedge wood blue ,Now guess what colour the car is ,yes its wedge wood blue which is very lucky because I did not have this car when I got the mirrors ,So now lets go for it and fit the power folds and after reading up on the forum on how to fitting them done the wiring up and fitting them to the doors ok
Main trouble I had was putting door cards back on after fitting . Now all done though better charge battery up because it took a long while to do the job ,So pulled the bonnet release and nothing happen ,my fault should have done cable mod ok knew how to gain access to under bonnet and done the cable block mod . pulled handle again and the handle broke on its pins ,think i disturbed this and cable when fitting the wiring through the wing , so now fitted new pull handle job done ,but now i looked in my stash of parts so I thought better fit them ,started with the chrome croft door finishers next lets do auto dip mirror, then better do the tyre protectors , while the wheels of , better do pads and discs ,better do rears then and hand brake shoes .the back plate rusted ,better do that then cable sized in Manage to free it from plate Re assembled ok ,next better do modify hand brake compensator , ok now the rear hub bearing fell apart when doing the handbrake put together again but was loud so had to replace it Also a new battery cover fitted ,Now all parts except hub bearing and bonnet pull was in my stash of parts i had gather ready to fit but had not until now that is it!!!
davel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2022, 05:34   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I know how you feel going from one job to another but it does feel good once all done and you know the car is all good again.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2022, 15:16   #3
davel22
Avid contributor

Default jobs finished for now

Just got all cam belts and water pump antifreeze thermostat done by Gavin Fairley ,6o miles from me but worth the trip to get it done by a expert
Old 21st May 2022, 16:02   #4
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Must have been meant to be when your spare mirrors are wedgewood blue -

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:02   #5
davel22
Avid contributor

Default lucky

yes very lucky