Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Zed The Ted on Tour
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2008, 14:00   #1
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Default Fred and the heated seat query.

I found a stowaway in my car after leaving the meet at Wotsit Water last week! - a somewhat dishevelled bear of some sort.

Anyway, I thought that he had better make himself useful by testing the heated seat as there had been a bit of discussion about the inability to turn the heater back on after it had timed out. He was quite pleased about this as he had been chilled through after his stay in the frozen north. His answer is that he had a hot bot as the seat heater could be switched on again immediately after timing out.

He has also had a ride in a colleague's Subaru. He thought that all cars had a Rover badge on them so was a little puzzled by this nasty little bouncy buzz box. He emerged from the car severely shaken after a blast down the road and now understands how his Great Uncle Pooh got his name. He doesn't appear to have any teeth left either, I can understand this as I lost 3 teeth on the one and only occasion that I had a ride in it.

I don't think that he is too happy in having just missed our Spanish holiday but I'm sure he is glad of the rest.

Last edited by Bernard LPG; 29th September 2008 at 14:46..
Old 29th September 2008, 14:07   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Interesting, could it be that the thermostat in the seat pad is the culprit that decides it will not come on again as it is hot enough?

Did you confirm the timer is in the switch then Bernard?

PS thanks for checking my car with the scanner, nice to see no fault codes after all the playing about with my VIS etc.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 4th October 2008, 15:13   #3
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

watching with interest and baited breath...................................

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Closed Thread