Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Zed The Ted on Tour
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2008, 19:35   #1
Simon
Banned

-

Default Fred the Ted is in Lichfield

As per title

Fred's now on another leg of his on-going tour de force of the world! He's stopped off in Lichfield for a short while having been dropped of by Nic (Rincewind) who's been Fred's keeper for the last few weeks.

I met up with Nic down at the local for a brief hand-over ceremony. I say brief because both Nic and I seem to have schedules that clash! Nevermind though, we managed to squeeze in a spot just before Nic headed off back home and I headed into the pub for another pub-quiz onslaught. Hehe

Here's one of Nic with Fred - sorry about the poor quality of image, only had phone camera to hand. I promise I'll get some proper shots of our Fred in Lichfield and put them up in this thread.

In the meantime, those who are going to the Midlands Meet on the 26th of this month can look forward to meeting Fred in person (or should that be in bear?? ). More on that in a new thread coming up......
Old 20th July 2008, 20:30   #2
Departed
Retired

--

If fred fancies a trip to Stafford, and then a couple of days over in Norfolk at the end of the week, let me know. I could even get him a visit to yet another car factory, although again photo's would be a struggle!

Only trouble is he might have to slum it in something German as Robin is still slightly off colour.
Old 20th July 2008, 20:34   #3
Simon
Banned

-

Fred's currently planning on coming with me to the next Midlands Meet on the 26th carlpenn has offered to take Fred from the meet so he could always come to you after Carl?
Old 20th July 2008, 20:35   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

We are off to Spain again 2nd to 11th Sept, he recently enjoyed the canaries with us but he is more than welcome again. Would suggest this only as a backup if nobody else can offer him some entertainment

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 20th July 2008, 20:45   #5
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Fred's currently planning on coming with me to the next Midlands Meet on the 26th carlpenn has offered to take Fred from the meet so he could always come to you after Carl?
That could be interesting.

If Fred visits us in early August, he could take a trip to Poland for a couple of weeks. Krakow, Rzsezow, and Ciesyn! Mrs Lowedb squealed that he was to big to come with us, but I'm sure I can jettison some of her stuff without her noticing (until it's too late). Robin should be back to health by then, so Fred should have some proper transport. Juzek and Bjorn would love hime to stay for a while!!
Old 20th July 2008, 21:03   #6
Simon
Banned

-

Carl's got a schedule lined up I believe so we'll have to see if Carls' and your dates match up, Duncan.
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:05   #7
Simon
Banned

-

Fred and myself have not long come back from the weekly pub quiz night down the local. It's the same pub Nic dropped Fred off in last week but Fred didn't feel up to meeting all the busy quiz goers after his journey last week so decided to have a snooze in the car

This week though, Fred was eager to prove he wasn't just a pretty face and that he could hold is own during the quiz.

Image, if you will, the scene: The pub is packed with people spilling out into outside eating/drinking areas and car park. The bar is busy and the quiz is about to start. A grown man (me) then enters said pub with teddy bear under one arm......

After the inaugural embarrassment is over, Fred sits down to a huge bowl of nachos...

Washed down with a nice glass of coke

Fred enjoyed the evening and was very excited when we got into the final. However I must confess we lost on the basis of my answer to the following question: How long, from take-off to splash-down, did the Apollo 11 spaceflight and moonwalk last? The answer: 190-something hours. My guess? 240 hours. Which, was based on a 9 or 10 day journey. In the end I went for 10... BUT if I had went with 9 days then we would have answered with 216 hours which would have beat the winning teams answer of 135 hours. Doh!
Old 29th July 2008, 23:14   #8
Simon
Banned

-

One more pic from me of Fred in Lichfield. Enjoying the sights and sounds of the city, Fred is pictured here in front of our famous 3-spire Cathedral. Famous because there are very few 3-spire Cathedrals in the world and because Lichfield is a tiny Cathedral city when compared to most. The Cathedral also boasts a claim to fame in that shares many features and design similarities between Coventry Cathedral that was destroyed during the Blitz.

Closed Thread