Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th January 2023, 23:19   #11
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferiesFarnol View Post
Thanks for your reply, I've heard of this issue so I'm not going to install the HK amp; the set-up I'm thinking of now is the Rover Blaupunkt head unit which should power the speakers on its own well enough, and it also has a line out so if I do install an amp it should avoid the problem that the HK amp has.
I know I would definitely get better sound from modern speakers but I'm keen to try to get the best of out some original ones - even if I end up going for modern ones in the end!
The thing is - If my rover didn't have the full HK setup then I would have wanted to retro fit it!!

Doing a similar upgrade on the wife's 07 Mondeo - the standard paper speakers currently fitted are diabolical - so therefore doing a common upgrade, fitting the upgraded speakers from ghia/titanium models.

Cheers
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2023, 08:11   #12
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi Craig,

The reason for the distortion at high volume is because the head unit's power amplifier stages (speaker outputs) are used as the input to the separate HK power amplifier. It has nothing to do with the power feed which appears to be directly from the battery (fuse 33, later passenger footwell fuse box) with an "on-off" switching signal provided by the head unit. Unfortunately the RAVE information is sketchy and sometimes contradictory.

JefferiesFarnol has said that if he does go ahead with an additional power amplifier he will use the line output from the head unit which is the correct way to do it.

Simon
Hi there - thanks for clarification
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2023, 11:16   #13
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

So, having had a similar installaion way back when in my old Rover Sterling, I'm looking at putting an HK (or similar) upgrade in my Connie.
I've had Connies since 2007; each one I have scrapped and saved as much as I can for spares. Last July I got my latest which is a low mileage 03 plate 2.5. It has some extras that I've not had before, conversely I have other extras that (weather permitting) I am adding from previous cars, thus almost completing most options.
Of relevance, the latest one has a Highline setup, a 1st for me. I've upgraded that with a later version (as used in BMW). I've acquired an HK amp (not yet fitted). Does anyone recommend speakers to replace the standard ones - and I have spares of those including tweeters. It would be nice to replace them, even though the quality is good I am not sure what an extra amp would be like with them. I don't really want any faffing about fitting them, though connectors isn't a problem.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote