Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2020, 18:05   #11
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

By the time you drive a new car off the lot it will have depreciated enough to buy a 75/ZT and maintain it for a year.
ZTs are more expensive to maintain where I live as all parts have to be airfreighted in, and used parts are not available but after using my ZT190 as my daily for 9 months I am very happy with it. Good performance, comfort and character. I'm glad I took the chance on driving an 18 year old car 50 miles daily.
I will knock on wood but at the moment the only item on my Rimmer's wish list is a pedal rubber.
Old 18th March 2020, 19:30   #12
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I'm OK with mine.

When I bought my ZT, it was because it looked unloved and in need of some TLC, there really wasn't any other reason as I wanted a 75. I parked the ZT and promptly fell in love with it, the 75 came along and I saved it from the scrapyard as it arrived at the yard to be scrapped. I'm five years on with both cars now and the 75 is about to get some TLC and moved on to a new home, the ZT is now one of two left in that model and I still love it. I paid £300 for the ZT and I could break it for a lot more but that's not going to happen, it's worth whatever I want it to be and is going nowhere. The ones that are left will be sought after in the future, mine will be one of those as the miles it will do are few, I can gaze at it and still enjoy it.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2020, 21:06   #13
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

I must admit that this club and the extensive technical knowledge of these cars from members giving free advice and traders with parts kept my Rover 75 on the road. And for that to those members.

I still consider this the best Rover MG site on the net and its a shame that more people haven't joined now days because it would keep their car going for much longer
Old 18th March 2020, 21:08   #14
Sdeh
Avid contributor

Manual Rover 75 S Reg, Rover 75 Auto, Rover SD1 2300S,

The thing is the 75 when in a small accident like mine just gets written off. I was planning on getting a Discovery or Range Rover L322 TDV6.

when you actually think the 75 at the end of the day is still able to keep up with modern cars in tech and in my opinion is more comfortable than a newer car so I've gone and bought a 75 that would mostly be broken if I didn't as it needs new sills.

another reason why I bought it was because it would have most likely been broken I didn't want to see a early longbridge car scrapped.

Thomas
Sdeh is offline   Reply With Quote