Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st May 2019, 06:52   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

It annoys me the people who don't enjoy the life they have been given, my sister in law is a perfect case in mind. Nothing wrong with her but nobody has it as bad as her if you believe what she says. She has inherited two decent lumps of cash, she complains about everything and all she does with her self every day is watch TV, eat cake and tut and everybody and everything.

We have tried to get her and her husband out and do something and there is always and excuse why they cant, we even took them to the seaside and apparently it was to hot, to busy and everything was to expensive and she has enough money in the bank to buy several houses outright .

Then you see these poor children with terminal cancer on TV, they are smiling and enjoying what little they have. It seems so unfair.

I enjoy every day and when I wake in the morning I am thankful I have another day to look forward to. I will hopefully have a long and enjoyable life and spend my last penny the day before I die.

You should always be thankful for what you do have not for what you haven't and it does not matter how bad things are there is ALWAYS somebody worse off than you.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 08:35   #12
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Whats Linda Lovelace got to do with it
PERVERT!!!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 08:37   #13
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

On the other hand some one has to do it.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 08:55   #14
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
..........we are here because 2 microbes got together billions of years ago.............
You do realize, if one of those microbes had been gay, none of us would be here to ask the question!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 09:53   #15
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
You do realize, if one of those microbes had been gay, none of us would be here to ask the question!

😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 17:51   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
It annoys me the people who don't enjoy the life they have been given, my sister in law is a perfect case in mind. Nothing wrong with her but nobody has it as bad as her if you believe what she says. She has inherited two decent lumps of cash, she complains about everything and all she does with her self every day is watch TV, eat cake and tut and everybody and everything.

We have tried to get her and her husband out and do something and there is always and excuse why they cant, we even took them to the seaside and apparently it was to hot, to busy and everything was to expensive and she has enough money in the bank to buy several houses outright .

Then you see these poor children with terminal cancer on TV, they are smiling and enjoying what little they have. It seems so unfair.

I enjoy every day and when I wake in the morning I am thankful I have another day to look forward to. I will hopefully have a long and enjoyable life and spend my last penny the day before I die.

You should always be thankful for what you do have not for what you haven't and it does not matter how bad things are there is ALWAYS somebody worse off than you.
Well said, give that man a round of applause.
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:55   #17
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default What is the point of life?

Why should there be any point in life?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:52   #18
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In the general scheme of things there might not be much point, there is only one thing that is certain and it ain't taxes. But there are other things...

The Meaning of Life?
Different things, not only for different people but for the same people on different days. Sometimes it can be Mixed.

For instance; my new acquisition in January of a 75 came with the assurance that ‘the belts’ had been done.
After much searching I could not find an invoice for it in the huge detail pack and the thoughts turned, well not exactly black but possibly - cloudy. My optimistic definition of Life’s meaning suffered a setback.

One email later, yesterday, to the previous owner, and I had the name of the garage that had done it. I now have the duplicate invoice and my expectations are restored thanks to the patient generosity of that gentleman.

Added to that, I now know I have at least 4 years to go before the 6 year interval is reached. And this is the Mixed bit.

As both my parents left for pastures new before they reached 82 it seems I can reasonably expect not to have to renew those belts again.
Ah well, I’m confident every day will be a bonus. My definition is restored.
Old 2nd May 2019, 16:52   #19
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I always figured we were the universe trying to figure itself out..
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:50   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

It's the LIFE bit that baffles me. We pass LIFE on from one generation to the next.

It's when somebody kicks the bucket. All the component parts are there before you but the LIFE bit has disappeared.

What is LIFE ???
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote