Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th June 2019, 11:29   #431
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
How did that filthy language get past the swear filter?

It always gets yow in-u-end-doh.

It has to be made to make sense... with emphasis on MADE in GB
MGJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 21:16   #432
Arctic
Give to Learn

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 3,476 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Be interested to know the outcome of your Virgin experience in due course.
Hi John.
Negotiations with VM did not go good at all the retentions people, are about as much use as a wooden fire poker, they are truly are politicians in the making, reading from scripted dialog, they have no authority to do a better deal for you, not willing to budge even if you are a 15yr loyal customer.

Therefore loyalty means nothing to them they would rather lose your custom than help with a deal, it make no sense that new customers can have the same deal as me for half the price.

yes I understand that is how a business marches forward, but if in the process you lose half your consisting customers you are only trudging through mud.

I am going to start up a thread in the social forum regarding deals people have either managed to get from them or any other media company, it will change nothing but some tricks or trades on how to deal with these giants may come from it who knows.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out the 2019 meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/meets_2014.html
" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arctic For This Useful Post:
Old 12th June 2019, 22:20   #433
bl52krz
Nil Desperandum

Rover 75 cdt club

Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,044 Posts

Hi Steve. A short lesson I found out about at the company I worked at, and I believe goes on in insurance companies NOW. Consider this. A cartel run between companies is illegal! So why is nothing ever done about it? Answer:- because in one way or another, they are all at it. How it works. Companies A. B. C. D. This year company A puts their prices up by 20%. They lose 20% of customers. The rest, company B C D only put there prices up by 10%. They gather in those that leave company A. Second year, company B puts their prices up by 20%, and companies A C D only put their prices up by 12.5%. They again mop up the customers from company B. This is repeated each year. I mapped a company, nameless, and over 10 years, prices rose by almost 270%. Dry good way of forcing up prices. And what again, I ask, does the government do about it? NOTHING. And they cannot say that they do not know about it, because I notified them of the companies involved. Democracy is the same word as in Russian.
Old 12th June 2019, 22:35   #434
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Steve. A short lesson I found out about at the company I worked at, and I believe goes on in insurance companies NOW. Consider this. A cartel run between companies is illegal! So why is nothing ever done about it? Answer:- because in one way or another, they are all at it. How it works. Companies A. B. C. D. This year company A puts their prices up by 20%. They lose 20% of customers. The rest, company B C D only put there prices up by 10%. They gather in those that leave company A. Second year, company B puts their prices up by 20%, and companies A C D only put their prices up by 12.5%. They again mop up the customers from company B. This is repeated each year. I mapped a company, nameless, and over 10 years, prices rose by almost 270%. Dry good way of forcing up prices. And what again, I ask, does the government do about it? NOTHING. And they cannot say that they do not know about it, because I notified them of the companies involved. Democracy is the same word as in Russian.
Same with privatisation of UK Energy Supply Organs. We were told that would lead to competition and guess what, because of that I was in favour of that.

Competition ... LAUGHABLE.

As you say, we in the UK now live in a Cartel riddled commercial so called marketplace.

Yet, as you say... NOTHING DONE.

Too many not fit for purpose types turning a blind eye of cuckin' a deaf 'n.

Very annoying and as usual, it's the lone or little Guy or Gal who suffer.... financially. Where did actually earning a reasonable profit not simply taking it go?

The Following User Says Thank You to MGJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 15th June 2019, 14:49   #435
sworks
Rover Excellence 3%

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi, 'marmite' contemporary Se, classic JCG mini cooper S works and an R8 coupe

Thanked 1,320 Times in 823 Posts

I didnít connect T4 to the tourer to check the tailgate switch but I did recode a new remote to the R8 coupe and gave it a quick look over thanks to Brian for sorting me a legacy disc and blue lead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B624E8E4-B565-4F14-B96B-E1562AA5A0AD.jpg (10.8 KB, 15 views)

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 18:40   #436
Mike Noc
Relax, it's a Rover.

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,593 Posts

Was rudely woken by the sound of Mrs Noc's CDT cranking over without firing up this morning.

Told her to take my car to work and went back to sleep.

Having my first cup of coffee for the day I thought it is a long time since I checked the plenums, and we have had a fair bit of rain lately.

So that was the first port of call, and luckily it was as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Mmm, less than a quarter of a tank showing on the gauge, so next check was a listen to the ITP........ and the sound of silence.

So swapped it out for a spare from the garage.

Now I've mentioned before about the unknown cowboys who have worked on this car before, and lo and behold they had been in the tank too. The static pump was not clipped in and floating around.

And can anyone spot the problem in this photo?

Yeeehaaa!
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 19:23   #437
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Default 21.24 mpg.

Filled the daily driver ZT-T 1.8T up to the brim and calculated the consumption against the trip setting. 21.24 mpg. Not surprised as no long runs. Lots of short ones with stop start local traffic.

The Following User Says Thank You to MGJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2019, 20:20   #438
Dorset Bob
I've now got a DIESEL too!

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Tourer Club, Chrysler 300C & Triumph Daytona 955i

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,458 Posts

Nice to get some honest fuel consumption figures there, John.
I sometimes wonder what is wrong with my diesel, when everyone else is getting 78.6 mpg thrashing it around town!

Let the good times roll...............

Last edited by Dorset Bob; 21st June 2019 at 00:32..
Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 20:33   #439
Dorset Bob
I've now got a DIESEL too!

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Tourer Club, Chrysler 300C & Triumph Daytona 955i

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
....And can anyone spot the problem in this photo?

Yeeehaaa!

1. You opened the back door and found that someone has nicked the back seat.
2. The missus is possibly having an affair with a tool supply merchant.

Let the good times roll...............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorset Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2019, 21:01   #440
Mike Noc
Relax, it's a Rover.

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
1. You opened the back door and found that someone has nicked the back seat.
2. The missus is possibly having an affair with a tool supply merchant.

Spot on Bob - well with the first part of your answer anyway.

I unclipped the seat then carried it out of the car before it struck me I shouldn't be able to do that.

The centre seatbelt anchorage had been taken off at some point and replaced but not through the seat. End result was a fitted seatbelt with slack in it where it snaked around the back of the seat base. In the event of a serious shunt I doubt the pretensioner would have been able to take up that amount of slack.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote