Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th June 2019, 17:19   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

MG ZT190+ 2001(Y). 2002 MG TF 135. 2016 Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate 0.9TCe Turbo SUV Crossover

Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,877 Posts

I just cant believe how/why so many of these politicians have taken illegal drugs in the past, what sort of people do we have working in the houses of parliament?

Not so much the past if we are to believe what went on a few years ago, traces of cocaine were found in several places on the parliamentary estate, so who knows what sort of dishonourable things they all get up to. lol

MG ZT 190+ V6 - MG TF 135 1.8
Born 4th July 2001 17:24:11 - Born 8th January 2002 09:02:26.
Comms no: 409 - Comms no: ---
53rd Solar Red ZT (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888 Solar Red ZT's - 38th MG TF in BRG Pearlescent (code: HFF) to be made out of 3,353 BRG Pearlescent TF's.
193rd ZT190+ to be made out of 4,023 - 123rd MGTF 135 to be made out of 19,475.
200th ZT to be assembled out of 18,894 - 145th MG TF to be assembled out of 41,656.
Made in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 17:25   #12
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
They even allowed a known religious activist with history to pose a controversial question. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Yes, saw that and the excrement is now hitting their fan BIG TIME.

They really are PC-Riddled cluelessly impaired when it comes to putting up so called moderate Moslems/Muslims on their shows. Obviously misguided back room researcher failures deliberate or otherwise play a strong part here. Bet most if not all recruited from "Owen Jones" style Guardian reading meejah job seekers.

Even though all that has now hit the BBC's smacked Bum Faces, they've gone remarkably "nothing to see here" low profile on that topic.

To deploy one of their favourite phrases... here I must use one of them with some justification.

Something must be done.

Most certainly such as sever that guaranteed revenue stream they greedily award huge lumps to themselves on a "We're so worth it basis".

Let them earn rather than simply take what they receive like most of of the rest have had do do all our working lives.

It has to be made to make sense... with emphasis on MADE in GB
MGJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 18:04   #13
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Default I've signed a Petition

I now feel so strongly about the decline of standards within the News and Political reporting on the BBC that I have signed a petition.

A petition with already well above the required 100,000 signatures to discontinue the TV Licence and let the BBC earn what they pay themselves like the rest of us have to do. Currently closing on a quarter of a million signatures when I signed. Shows that there is a strong "something must be done" feeling growing out there in the more realistic world we live in.

Next voting results for Tory Leader to be show soon on the News Channels.

EDIT at 18:06

BBC's "favourite" bites the dust.

Last edited by MGJohn; 19th June 2019 at 18:06..
Old 19th June 2019, 18:38   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,523 Posts

As well as the guy outlined above who hid his unsavoury comments and the BBC never bothered to properly check, it now turns out that a Labour Party staffer and previous election candidate again had “slipped through” the BBC vetting process.

What with these two quite staggering c**k ups now coming to light - as well as the awful lack of control of the actual event - you have to wonder at the competence of those in charge at the BBC
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 18:39   #15
wraymond
occidit omnmes emojis

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Yes, for all the hype, Stewart has fallen - and he has done himself no good taking part - should have waited and gained more experience to fit him for later progress. I genuinely hope his career does not falter - there is some merit accruing.

Prediction: we all know who will win irrespective of opinion for or against, but there is another interesting level. Which of the (assuming Javid will fold) two finalists would BJ prefer to oppose? Well, look out for BJ offering JH some of his votes to ensure MG loses the next ballot. Remember their history when MG stabbed BJ right between the scapulars?
Old 19th June 2019, 19:15   #16
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Yes, for all the hype, Stewart has fallen - and he has done himself no good taking part - should have waited and gained more experience to fit him for later progress. I genuinely hope his career does not falter - there is some merit accruing.

Prediction: we all know who will win irrespective of opinion for or against, but there is another interesting level. Which of the (assuming Javid will fold) two finalists would BJ prefer to oppose? Well, look out for BJ offering JH some of his votes to ensure MG loses the next ballot. Remember their history when MG stabbed BJ right between the scapulars?
Stewart seemed like a fish out of water - not surprised he has fallen.

I’ve just rewatched a particular segment - the bit where the lady from Southampton was bemoaning her belief that her husband would lose his job if we went for the no deal route.

The odd bit was that she said her husband worked in the Property Market - no specific description.

It got interesting when JH actually stated what most at home were probably yelling at their TV - and that was the obvious point that when negotiating for a property it’s not a good tactic to tell the seller that you will buy it come what may.

JH was trying to state that in any negotiation - the option to walk away has to remain on the table!!

It seems that EM was either herself desperate to shut things down at this point or behind the scenes someone was yelling in her ear to do just that.

I suspect the question was crafted to discredit those that at least wanted “No Deal” as an option. Unfortunately for them - JH dealt that game a blow to the goolies.
Old 19th June 2019, 19:41   #17
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Didn't he just DD!

The fact that so many of those we entrust to this Nation's continued well being, fail to appreciate that our "No Deal" Ace of Trumps in the pack should always be concealed very close to our chests and never discarded.

If those that are keen to fold that Ace card get their way... doesn't bear thinking about. Over the past now three years, far too many want a quick fix to satisfy everybody by Tuesday at the latest failing miserably to see that no such "good deal for the UK" will ever be available to us. The EU Monster will ensure that due to a range of very real "Project Fear" reasons of their own which will further harm their already failing project. It is in EU's Brussels interest to make a good deal impossible for the UK, and therefore any other Nations tending in that OUT direction. Apparently there are several of that mindset waiting to see how the UK's lead here pans out.

Fake news vendors will continue to to tell it only like they see fit simply to fit their "It's not broke for us" agenda.

Old 19th June 2019, 19:54   #18
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Over on another car web-site I dip into, there's another building thread with folks signing that petition. One post nailed it outlining their selections of ... implants aligning with the BBC's slant on these things. Boy has that backfired!:

Quote:

BBC got caught out on its "members of the public" last night

- a labour staffer and failed candidate who has been investigating antisemitism in Labour

- an utter bat crazy imam who is now suspended for his loony views.

Suggestion is also that at least one other is a libdem talking head activist.

So the most important politics around at the moment and the impartial BBC gets in a load of biased partisan crazy people instead of genuine real concerned voters.
You cannot make these things up. Total incompetence at best, or deliberate FAKE NEWS bias at its worst!

How the once rightly highly regarded BBC has declined. I had my card marked about BBC insiders who knew decades ago. I did not believe them. I do now. Never thought it would come to this, but, sadly it has.

Old 20th June 2019, 08:57   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Over on another car web-site I dip into, there's another building thread with folks signing that petition. One post nailed it outlining their selections of ... implants aligning with the BBC's slant on these things. Boy has that backfired!:

You cannot make these things up. Total incompetence at best, or deliberate FAKE NEWS bias at its worst!

How the once rightly highly regarded BBC has declined. I had my card marked about BBC insiders who knew decades ago. I did not believe them. I do now. Never thought it would come to this, but, sadly it has.
This was covered quite well I thought this morning on R4.

I haven’t seen what other broadcasters are saying - but my goodness !!! - the Newspapers are having a field day of it!!

I fail to see how anyone can deny a distinct bias within the BBC based upon this demonstration.

The best the BBC will get away with after this is its reputation in tatters due to supposed incompetence.

Heaven help them if it turns out there is evidence they did what they did by design........

Edit

It now seems that Emily Maitles has a history of posting anti Brexit Tweets. She apparently tweeted that “she thought Brexit had put her off ‘the will of the people’ “.

If true - that explains a lot - source is The Daily Express tho’

Last edited by Darcydog; 20th June 2019 at 09:22.. Reason: Update
Old 20th June 2019, 11:59   #20
wraymond
occidit omnmes emojis

75 Auto 2.5 SE

A wider implication has emerged. I take back my earlier (Post 15) credit to R. Stewart of potential for his career.

A report in today's paper that Ministers, all of them, responsible for Foreign Aid have no idea if their largesse of £14 billion they give away every year is any value for money or even if it is effective by shown results.

Who is the International Development Secretary in charge and responsible? Rory Stewart. When you consider the massive hype he received at the start of the current shambles, the media exposure lavished on him, then the inflated credits attributed to his 'back story', it's not just the individual who rightly gets ridiculed but surely the supporting cast of useless idiots behind the scenes are worthy of investigation. You just couldn't make it up.

We are stupid to tolerate this third rate banana republic mismanagement. It is offensive to see that so many actually think we are so thick that we cannot see just how inept they are. Going to take a step back now, I'm getting a bit angry.