Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st November 2023, 12:05   #14321
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Got under the car before storm Ciaran arrives and replaced the leaky exhaust back box. I fitted new rear discs on Monday, so it's now ready to go back into the garage and have a new brake line fitted, and get its mot certificate.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2023, 12:25   #14322
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Yesterday

Took LAGETHA to see DavidT at NW Rover Repair, who...

1) fitted new front lower wishbone bushes (thanks Steve/Arctic),

2) tightened up her off-side front drop-link (I'd fitted this a couple of months ago but it had worked loose),

3) fitted a new lower engine mount from DMGRS,

4) and did an oil & filter change (at just over 10k miles - 18 months since the last one).

I must say this has transformed the car, Lagetha is now driving like a baby Bentley!

I also collected my set of Forked Spoke 16" Alloy Wheels which David had arranged to be refurbished. I am very impressed with the finish on these wheels.

The wheels have now had tyres fitted (Autogreen SC1, 215/55/16 97V XL) and been put away until next spring, when they'll go on Lagetha for the "show" season.

The list of maintenance and improvements to do is shorter.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 5th November 2023 at 12:43.. Reason: Update
Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2023, 18:58   #14323
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon cee View Post
GOT TO BE HONEST ... Those LEXUS Lights, sure added a modern look, Love them ! ... Love them so much I've even tried finding the Estate Versions (MG ZT-T) but it seems they dont exist ???? ...
'DO NOT THROW YOURS AWAY' ... there are lots of good epoxy resins and chemicals, which may allow you to repair and fix your damaged ones... might be tricky and time consuming but well worth repairing the lexus types ...
Hope you don't take this too harsh, but the difference is amazing .... picture 1 with the lexus style says, 'dont come to close, or i might set you on fire and embarress you', ... picture 2 says 'hearse ,refined and dignified - dont come too close or i might just bury you' .. i guess it depends what style you prefer ... but i sure hope someone does that style in the tourer version ... looks so much more modern
I still have them may look at them in the summer thinking all thread and 2 part epoxy.

They do give the rear a bit of attitude I agree.

Sadly they never did them for the tourer and the saloon ones are rare as fillings in a hens tooth!
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2023, 19:50   #14324
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
I've had a couple of days to think about what to do after putting the tourer in for MOT on Monday and she's failed on a few things ,the worst being corrosion to both front sills . Including new front drop links , a rear tyre that is showing deep cracks to the inside tread of a tyre with 6 mm of tread. Fortunately he didn't log on the test and he rang me with the news and didn't charge for the inspection

Parts and the welding and painting which includes some further sill work and other painting is going to be over £1000 .

I've owned her for 20 years and 206,000 miles we have a lot of memories together carrying family that are no longer here and many trips all over Europe.

Due to her standing on the drive with limited use over the last few years with me having serious covid followed by losing a kidney , the weather has taken it's toll , with recent jobs being the replacement of the exhaust then new front pads ,discs and callipers.

As there aren't any suitable replacement cars for a decent price and that realistically the car owes me nothing, rather than starting again , I've decided it's better the devil you know and have booked her in for the work to be started at the back end of October so we can both continue to recover and continue to rack up the miles.

As Dave my tester said get her sorted and she'll go forever !

Well I got her through the MOT and she has cost me over £1,300 to get sorted with parts and labour. There are a few advisories to sort for next year such as rear lower suspension arms, rear discs and front arm bushes . The main work carried out was repairs to the sill including pulling out a large dent to the middle of the n/s sill, both front sill repairs using Tom's panels and paintwork and further corrosion to the sills and arches.

The repair work looks fantastic and she looks like she has been in a time machine so I'm very happy with her

The sill repair sections weren't available as they were out of stock on Tom's Ebay shop so I remembered I had his phone number and made contact. He was brilliant as usual and made them to order and charged a lot less by not having to pay Ebay fees
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2023, 14:06   #14325
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

After using the Connie on Wednesday to travel to Barrow in Furness for my cousin's funeral service , I noticed the thermostat starting to show sign of failure with the gauge only going to the middle when driving up the hills of the A66.

Luckily I had a modified top hose with an inline thermostat unit sat in the garage that had a release connector to attach to the Y piece on the engine. So to remove the risk of breaking anything, I had to remove the inlet manifold for better access and managed to pop it apart and swap the hose. All back together and after a quick road test , all is toasty again. The normal hose is back in the spares box if I decide to fit a genuine thermostat.

The joys of having two diesel 75's
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2023, 16:37   #14326
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Swapped out the bm54 module for the original as the left side speakers weren't working, then resynced the remote fob for the fbh, all working again and one happy wife.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2023, 20:22   #14327
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Swapped out the bm54 module for the original as the left side speakers weren't working, then resynced the remote fob for the fbh, all working again and one happy wife.
Is that all it takes! Crikey I've been doing it wrong all these years 😆 🤣

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 18th November 2023, 17:25   #14328
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Today I replaced my disintegrated shannon tube with a replacement pre-cut to the correct length and diameter from Jules.

I then cleaned out behind the rear lights where the dirt had started to build up, and found a small patch of rust behind there which I sanded, treated with Jenolite then covered in a coat of Hammerite.

Lastly, gave it a well-needed wash.

Always something to keep you busy!
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2023, 17:56   #14329
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Filled the Yellow One up with £70’s of go go juice. We have a meet to go to tomorrow.
She needed a wash but it’s chucking it down.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2023, 14:23   #14330
SomedaysIfeel75

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Ominous ‘clonking’ is more likely than not the drop links.

You were right, and it proved to be one MOT failure out of a reasonable list of crimes.

So, on the job list is:

Broken spring OSF
Droplinks OSF and NSF (see above for prediction!)
NSF ball joint boot
Handbrake confirmed as rubbish
ABS light on
Oh and the tester poked a nice hole in the NS sill, aft of the jacking point.

And the maybe's...

Rear tyres borderline
Number plate light out (just one)
NS ball joint slight play
Corroded spring NSF

All-in, could be worse for a £500 car, and I can do it all except the welding, provided the front legs come out without too much aggro.
SomedaysIfeel75 is offline   Reply With Quote