Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th July 2020, 12:17   #1
spirit6060
Regular poster

MG ZTT

Default Problems with BCU

Hello everyone.

I hope this post is in the right place.
I have a MG ZTT diesel 130 face-lift model. VO 54 MKP

Last year, I noticed the cruise wasn't working. Checked fuses etc but couldn't see anything amiss but as I don't use it much I wasn't too bothered. Over the winter, I noticed that the brake lights stayed on for a couple of minutes when I started first thing in the morning - at the end of the street the lights behaved themselves. I had to undergo chemo/RT and then surgery in February 2020. On Friday 20th March, the day lockdown was announced, I noticed that the front fog lights were on continuously. I couldn't do anything other than disconnect the battery over the weekend. My usual garage (a former BL/Rover/MG dealer in Cardiff) shut for a couple of weeks but when he re-opened, he said I needed a body control unit which he obtained and fitted. The fog lights were sorted... until a neighbour said 'your front fogs are on'. He then replaced the BCU again together with another control unit from another MG. This was successful for 3 days until the problem recurred. He said I needed a T4 computer to reset the units. The only problem is - he seems to have given up. He says he will collect the car but doesn't.
It hasn't a problem as I've been shielding since my cancer treatment, but will need to go back to work soon.
Now the restrictions have eased in Wales, I can now travel.
Do you know anyone expert in solving this problem

Thanks in advance. Rob

Last edited by spirit6060; 6th July 2020 at 12:19..
spirit6060 is offline   Reply With Quote