Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th May 2007, 08:52   #1
dawkinsrover
Avid contributor

Rover 600 GSi Auto

Default Worth keeping hold of? and Rover Streetwise

Hi guys, you are always so helpful on here, may I ask another question or two! Do you guys think the R75 will start to appreciate in value at some point? I guess the Mk1's will first....I dont know! Secondly, my partner has a 54 Rover Streetwise 1.4 SE, does anyone know of a club dedicated to Streetwise owners? Any info will be much appreciated as always. Thanks you.
dawkinsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 09:39   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

The diesel Tourers are already going up in Price, but as with most things it depends on what people are wiling to pay.

Won't be getting rid of mine, thats for sure.

Someone will be along shortly with advice on the StreetWise.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 09:44   #3
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
The diesel Tourers are already going up in Price, but as with most things it depends on what people are wiling to pay.

Won't be getting rid of mine, thats for sure.

Someone will be along shortly with advice on the StreetWise.
Oh how I love my diesel saloon. But I wish it was a tourer at times as I miss the space you get with a tourer. I chose the saloon purely for it's looks over a tourer as I think the lines are better.

I am stuck ith a saloon now. But at least it's the best saloon there is!

As far as value. Similar to mine sem to be selling for the same price or a little more than I paid 6 months back.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 09:45   #4
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkinsrover View Post
Hi guys, you are always so helpful on here, may I ask another question or two! Do you guys think the R75 will start to appreciate in value at some point? I guess the Mk1's will first....I dont know! Secondly, my partner has a 54 Rover Streetwise 1.4 SE, does anyone know of a club dedicated to Streetwise owners? Any info will be much appreciated as always. Thanks you.
Having Enthusiast clubs like this one for any particular Model of car is a very good sign that the car is already a design icon and therefore highly likely to be a future classic...thats if its not a Classic already. Classic cars are my passion....and as far as Im aware you dont see many Ford Mondeo enthusiast clubs....again a sign that the 75/ZT are different.

The 75 and ZT are unique.....a design clasic....a british legend.....and possible the finest mass produced british car ever built.....a recipe for a classic if ever there was one.

Jamie
Old 12th May 2007, 10:15   #5
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Wot
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 11:13   #6
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkinsrover View Post
There's no club as such dedicated the Streetwise, however, I was a member of Rover Torque.. and still am. They've had articles in their mags about Streetwises' in the past.

Cheers,

Michael T
Old 12th May 2007, 11:36   #7
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_1100 View Post
There's no club as such dedicated the Streetwise, however, I was a member of Rover Torque.. and still am. They've had articles in their mags about Streetwises' in the past.

Cheers,

Michael T

There is of course talk in latest car mags that MG-N are planning their comeback, to include the ZT and the streetwise....

I always liked the streetwise...again it got some unfair press...but then like the pied piper....other manufacturers followed ....didnt VW copy it with a polo version?

I think the streetwise was a a very clever way of re-designing an older model to mke it fresh and cool....MGR were strapped for cash and it is a testiment to the enginuity and resoursfulness of the employees at the last 'British' car manufacturer.

Can anyone hear 'Land of hope and glory' playing in their head?
Old 12th May 2007, 11:40   #8
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

yup, to the lyrics " mut -ton dressed as la - amb, mut - ton dressed as lamb"
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 11:44   #9
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
yup, to the lyrics " mut -ton dressed as la - amb, mut - ton dressed as lamb"

ha ha ha ha.....ok point taken.
Old 12th May 2007, 12:10   #10
tourerfogey
Banned

The 75 / ZT ?

It will be many years before these reach 'classic' status and rise in value in that respect. Cars generally go through the 'new', 'secondhand', 'cheap' and then the 'banger' categories before achieving any 'classic' status.
No matter how fond we are of our cars the reality is they're never going to be worth really good money or prove to be a good investment in the money accruing sense of the word. Worth keeping as car which offers good value comfortable motoring - then yes.

The only exception is to this is the V8 which may very well become something of a collectors car in years to come.

The Streetwise ?

Was a joke when it was released, is a joke now and always will be a joke. You'll be lucky if you can give it away in a few years. And that goes for the CityRover too.

Last edited by tourerfogey; 12th May 2007 at 12:13..
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote